IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Hi Ladies,
Sorry for playing catch-up just got back from my inlaws cottage and always stay away from the internet when I'm at the lake. I try to reduce stress by not looking up a million things. I'm in this stage of playing out all the what if's and starting to get nervous. I hope everything works out for us gals! I've been thinking of all of u.

Waiting for AF to arrive so I can start stims...

Sandy83 I'm so sorry for ur loss and hope the both of u can find some time to relax. It stinks that another curveball is thrown into the mix

Athena happy birthday to u! Hope u had a fab day!

Wish2havbaby so sorry that u got pushed back another month - stay strong and wishing u both a happy 4th anniv next week!!

Hugs to everyone!

Morning ladies :)
Just got back from my ultrasound and bloodwork. I was worried about doing my cycle right after my last one, but I am actually responding better than last time. My numbers are all good and I had a ton of follicles - 25 were big enough to measure. I asked him if he thought I had an egg quality issue and he said no - the reason for not so many eggs making it last time was the sperm and probably the dna of the sperm. MFI is so frustrating because there isn't anything that we can do that we aren't all ready doing and also to have everything go so well until the end and have the sperm be an issue still even with ICSI. I just wonder how many time we are going to have to go through all of this...arrrg. Oh well, what can you do but wait and hope and pray.

Awesome news on ur follies! My dh has sperm issues as well and we're trying to do everything we can....this time I wish the issue was only me.

Thanks kchope :) I hear that - I wish the issue was mine too - that way I could complain about it at least ..lol Is this your first IVF cycle?

Thanks Kchope, glad you managed to get a nice few days away by the sounds of it.

AF came this morning so I was able to go for my blood test, yippee!!!!

Have to wait until 5pm-no news is good news. As long as I don't hear from them I can start my injections tmw. Exciting :happydance:

Congratulations Athena glad AF decided to show and you can now start your injections. Its all exciting xx

Athena, glad she showed up. Congrats on starting.

Kchope, it sounds like you had a great time. Glad to see you back. I hope AF arrives soon.

Hi everyone!

Athena, Happy Belated Birthday!!! I'm sorry I missed that! I hope you had a good day. Glad AF started for you and good luck with stimming!

kchope, Hope you had a nice vacay! Hope AF starts soon!

Wish2havebaby, sorry that your IVF cycle is being delayed. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

MissAnnabelle, great numbers! So exciting that your ER is coming up!!!

I'm on my last day of BCP and I'm scheduled to start stimming next Monday. We went into the REs yesterday for our injection class with the nurse. It was a little intimidating (I've never given myself a shot and hated needles - but ever since discovering I'm hyperthyroid, I've had to get used to them). As long as I can ice it. Ladies who have cycled before - do you use an ice pack or just cubes if you use ice? For 5 minutes?

We also went yesterday to visit my friend Rosababy (she's a BnB friend and a friend IRL who became pregnant after her 2nd IVF cycle - she recommended our RE) and her DH in the hospital and met their newborn baby boy! It gave me a lot of hope. Hopefully we're in that same place next year. [-o<

Hello girls, thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a lovely day, my DH keeps saying it's my birth week and keeps spoiling me!!

I watched the dvd this afternoon so I am prepared to give myself the injections, I'm a bit nervous and can't believe it's all coming to an end, I hope it all works out ok and I respond well. I'm quite looking forward to injecting now!

SignoraL that is so special you went to see your friends newborn, I bet that was really emotional. I hope we're all in the same position next year xxx

Ps that's a good idea about the ice, I'm going to do that, hopefully I won't feel it then! x

Hello girls, thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a lovely day, my DH keeps saying it's my birth week and keeps spoiling me!!

I watched the dvd this afternoon so I am prepared to give myself the injections, I'm a bit nervous and can't believe it's all coming to an end, I hope it all works out ok and I respond well. I'm quite looking forward to injecting now!

SignoraL that is so special you went to see your friends newborn, I bet that was really emotional. I hope we're all in the same position next year xxx

Good luck on the injections. I did Lupron all on my own today. I was really nervous but I did good. I'm sure you'll respond well.

HI Ladies :flower::flower::flower:

I see most of you have started injections already.:thumbup:

HappyBunny - Thank you so much. I hope this will work out well for all of us. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. Good girl:happydance: you doing your injections all by yourself. For how long will you be on the lupron?
I'm not doing acupuncture currently, but i am thinking about it. you?:shrug:

Kchope - Thank you for wishing us well for our anniversary. Nice to hear that you had some relaxation aswell. Sounds nice, about the lake and cottage.:flower: I also got that habit about looking up a milion things. lol

Athena - Good news about AF. and now you can finally start injections.:thumbup:

Signoral - Good news to start stimming. I will be visiting the RE's next wednesday for injection class with nurse.
Congrats to Rosababy. Wish her the very best with her new bundle of joy. I pray that we will all be joining her soon.

Surrender - How you're doing?
MissRedknob - Are you ok?

Keep well Ladies. Time is coming up for us all.:kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies - Sorry i havent been on. Busy with work and then took ages for me to find this thread. Still getting used to it. lol

Anyway after a quick catch up-

Sandy83 - condolences on your loss.

All -congrats to everyone who is starting medication. From some of the names you have mentioned of the drugs - i dont seem to be using the same ones. Should i be worried? Is there a difference in the drugs?

I start my Suprecur tomorrow, which is the stimulant. Have you guys had any sides effects with your stimulants?

Thinking happy positive thoughts peeps. :hugs:

Hi Ladies - Sorry i havent been on. Busy with work and then took ages for me to find this thread. Still getting used to it. lol

All -congrats to everyone who is starting medication. From some of the names you have mentioned of the drugs - i dont seem to be using the same ones. Should i be worried? Is there a difference in the drugs?

I start my Suprecur tomorrow, which is the stimulant. Have you guys had any sides effects with your stimulants?

I wouldn't be worried. Your doctor is choosing what he or she thinks is right for you based on your diagnosis. I see the same doc that my friend did and we had different diagnoses (she had blocked tubes, I have diminished ovarian reserve), so our meds were different. She did two cycles before getting pregnant and she had different meds for each one and just happened to respond better the second time, but plenty of people get preggo the first time around too.

Wish2havbaby, they didn't tell me how long. They said I don't stop until they tell me to. The case said enough for 14 days. The follistim is intimidating. I hope I get instructions for that. I was so proud of doing it on my own. Good luck next Wednesday. Will you be doing your own or DH?

Hi spicegirl, I agree with signoral everyone gets different meds depending on what they need. Sending you happy thoughts for no side effects.

Thanks kchope :) I hear that - I wish the issue was mine too - that way I could complain about it at least ..lol Is this your first IVF cycle?

this will be our 2nd IVF and trying to stay very optimistic!

this will be our 2nd IVF and trying to stay very optimistic!

This is my second cycle as well and it is definitly a lot harder to stay optimistic. If you ever want to get really pessimistic you should check out 'trying again after a failed cycle' I like to save my rants for that thread;)

Looks like it will be a Tuesday transfer for me instead of Monday. I don't think I will overstimulate this time because I feel a lot better and only did 75 of the follistim last night and am off of it now and am just going to coast until trigger - with the exception of my lupron and sol.x I forgot to ask what my estrogen was today, but my cycle day 6 was 1579 which is better than last cycles cycle day 7 at 2090. Tuesday is our 2 year wedding anivesary and according to IVF due date calculator our due date would be my husband's 28th birthday....so that has to give it some good karma:) b/w tomorrow and u/s and b/w on Sunday then they will let me know for sure.

Happy Friday Ladies!

AF has arrived so if all checks out on Monday at RE I will start stimming with Follistim! I feel like it took forever to get here from my MC back in April but I'm feeling strong at the moment and look forward to being prego!

have a nice weekend ladies!

Hey ladies, we are due to start our first IVF cycle in sept/oct. I am due to start Metformin next week and will start my injections to stim with my next period. Feeling very apprehensive about the whole business! We have been trying for 20 months and are unexplained. I am 37, OH is 46 and neither of us have any kids. I have a high AMH hence the reason for the metformin. Wishing you all luck and it's nice to have somewhere to turn where people understand what you are going through.:flower:

How exciting MissAnnabelle! You will be our first bfp! It's gotta be good karma being your anniversary and DH birthday. Best of luck to you.

Kchope, glad AF showed up. You are getting closer. Keep up the positive thoughts.

Welcome bluebell! All the ladies on this group have been very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->