IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Hi Spicegirl, I agree with the others, your Dr will be prescribing what is right for you. Also a lot of the names are the generic names like I'm on 'Suprefact' as a suppressant which I believe is just another name for buserelin. The only symptoms I've had are a couple of headaches which went away with paracetamol and a bit of insomnia but I don't sleep well anyway.

Did my first injection today or rather DH did it, I hardly felt a thing. I was well impressed with DH I think he enjoyed being part of the process which was nice. He's getting quite excited which is unusual for him as he tends to be the strong silent type! He even brought me home two rabbits as a present today, I was really surprised. We've called them Trixie and Pixie, they're really cute!

Have a great weekend everyone x

Hey ladies, we are due to start our first IVF cycle in sept/oct. I am due to start Metformin next week and will start my injections to stim with my next period. Feeling very apprehensive about the whole business! We have been trying for 20 months and are unexplained. I am 37, OH is 46 and neither of us have any kids. I have a high AMH hence the reason for the metformin. Wishing you all luck and it's nice to have somewhere to turn where people understand what you are going through.:flower:

:wave: Bluebell welcome to the thread. The IVF process can be overwhelming at times but we are here to support you xxx

Wish2havbaby, they didn't tell me how long. They said I don't stop until they tell me to. The case said enough for 14 days. The follistim is intimidating. I hope I get instructions for that. I was so proud of doing it on my own. Good luck next Wednesday. Will you be doing your own or DH?

Hi HappyBunny - :flower::flower: I'm not sure yet whether i can inject myself. I'm abit afraid of the needle and i always flinch when they have to take my bloods. Needless to say i am a dentist and poke everyone everyday,but i am scared to poke myself. Think my DH will have to do it except I am frightened he will hurt me more. I will have to take the injections for 1 month. :baby: That we get our babies.:hugs:

:winkwink: Hi Everyone
Hope u ladies are having a fab weekend.:flower:

Spicegirl - I agree with the previous comments about the meds. Different countries will use different brand names and most are generic names aswel. Your doctor has worked out the procedure specific to you. I am also on different meds compared to what some ladies are on. Hope you won't have any side effects from the meds. keep well :hugs:

Missannabelle - Wishing you the very best for Tuesday Transfer. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY for tuesday aswel.:flower: Its Good karma indeed. You are gonna be the first BFP.:hugs:

Kchope - good news that AF arrived and you can now start your meds.

BlueBell - Welcome to the thread. We are here to support you through this. It's nice to have somewhere to speak to people openly and who understand you cos they are going the same thing.:hugs:

Good news athena about your DH reaction to the treatment and the meds. You have good support from him.:thumbup:

keep well ladies

AF came this morning so stimming starts on Monday! Will post later, but hope you all are having a good weekend!

Maybe Tuesday wont be our lucky dat after all. The dr just called and my estrogen is too high to trigger (5000) so we have to wait until it goes down. I have another scan and bloodwork tomorrow so I will update tomorrow afternoon....getting nervous so send some good vibes our way!

Hope everyone having a nice weekend.

Good Luck for starting stims SignoraL.

Hope you get to trigger soon MissAnnabelle, good luck at yr scan!

xxx

Hi everyone, thought I would join in. I'm starting the short protocol on the 18th so ET is likely to be early to mid Oct sometime. Feeling very nervous but a little bit excited! X

Maybe Tuesday wont be our lucky dat after all. The dr just called and my estrogen is too high to trigger (5000) so we have to wait until it goes down. I have another scan and bloodwork tomorrow so I will update tomorrow afternoon....getting nervous so send some good vibes our way!
Sending you some good vibes! I hope you can trigger!

Hi everyone, thought I would join in. I'm starting the short protocol on the 18th so ET is likely to be early to mid Oct sometime. Feeling very nervous but a little bit excited! X

Welcome! I felt the same way. Good luck on your upcoming cycle!

Good Luck Macca! x

Question for those who have stimmed, how many days did you stim for, is there a set number of days or is everyone different? Thanks x

Oohhh missannabelle!!! I'm so sorry for your frustration and not being able to trigger. You must have a lot of emotions flowing through you right now. I will keep my Fx for you. On another note I checked trying after a failed cycle and boy could I have unloaded a couple months ago on that topic. Keep your chin up and try not to stress (lol I know it's impossible):hugs

Question for those who have stimmed, how many days did you stim for, is there a set number of days or is everyone different? Thanks x

I am stimming for 12 days with Puregon 150iu and Syneral Nasel Spray

Hi all, is it quite normal to have very painful twinges in ovaries when stimming? I'm getting scared of ohss, I feel I am on quite a high dose (225 of menopur) because of my low egg reserve. I'm just feeling a bit worried :( Don't have any other symptoms of ohss just hoping for reassurance pain is normal! x

I spoke to the nurses about OHSS and they said just make sure you drink at least 2l of water a day and after ER drink Powerade/Gaterade and it will help :hugs:

Thanks MissRedknob, keep forgetting to drink water :dohh: I find it hard forcing it down but I will! Thanks hun :hugs:

My Nasel spray (Syneral) has made me so thirsty I crave water lol

Oohhh missannabelle!!! I'm so sorry for your frustration and not being able to trigger. You must have a lot of emotions flowing through you right now. I will keep my Fx for you. On another note I checked trying after a failed cycle and boy could I have unloaded a couple months ago on that topic. Keep your chin up and try not to stress (lol I know it's impossible):hugs

Thanks kchope. My estrogen was 7700 yesterday, so we just gotta keep scanning until it goes down. Just worried about getting less eggs and lowering our chances, but we don't have a choice really so just hanging on and praying for the best. I will keep you posted. How are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->