IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Sorry you cannot trigger yet, Miss Annabelle. Praying that it will be soon. :hugs:

Athena, this is my first IVF cycle, but I have on my schedule to stim for 10 days (3 vials of Menopur and 3 vials of Bravelle). I did my first this morning and folks are right; Menopur really does burn!) I mixed the meds and DH gave me the injection and then I went and laid in bed with a heating pad while DH cleaned everything up. 9 more days to go.

Has anyone had to inject Lovenox before? I have to do it tonight. Not looking forward to that one because I read it can leave big bruises and hurts a bit more.

Hi Signora, wow congrats on yr first injection. Yes it does sting doesn't it, ouch!

I hope I don't have to stim for too long, I am finding I have headaches and just don't feel myself, I know a lot of it is prob the stress of the whole thing. GL for the next 9 days!

Hope everyone else ok x

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the advice about the drugs. I get so much conflicting information on the internet and send myself into all manner of worries. This forum really helps put my mind at ease.

Happy Bunny - DH will be coming with me for all my appointments. Think what Athena mentioned is true - ensuring the DH is kept in the process, the easier it is for both of us. We go to the doctors on the 19th to start the injections. Hoping the DH will take over this part, as im really scared about injecting myself. In fact im kinda freaking out about having injections everyday........

Bluebell - welcome to the forum. I have found it useful reading and chatting to people who are going through the same process. I know family and friends are there for us but no one really knows what it actually feels like to have IVF unless you actually go through it.

Update on progress so far: With the nasal spray no real side effects yet. So im not sure im using it correctly as most of the spray drips out (sorry i know gross right). Do you always get side effects with the Suprecur / Buserelin? What kinda symptoms should i be expecting. I have been told to use this spray till they collect the eggs. So in total about 3.5 weeks.

Will use your guys recommendations to drink plenty of water to help ease the headaches. I managed to get really bad congestion in my head prior to starting my treatment, and as a result had an ear infection at the same time. So i thought the headaches were related to that. Didnt know that Suprecur/ Buserelin could contribute towards that as well.

SpiceGirl, I was told to drink one gallon of water per day. It's hard but I'm getting it done. I'm sorry I have no advice on the meds since I'm taking different meds. Don't stress so much. I know its hard to stay positive but you will get your baby. I'm glad your DH is attending all of your appts we all need the support!

Hi Spicegirl try not to worry about the injections, seriously I am a wuss and was practically crying before DH gave me the first one but I really did not feel the needle go in, it is so tiny, honestly, please don't worry.

As for the spray, my FS told me I don't need to sniff whilst spraying as it will be absorbed anyway but I found it all completely drips out so I have found that sniffing gently before you spray and then sniffing as you spray and you don't get any drips, hope that makes sense. That's how I do it anyway otherwise it is all dripping down my face and I don't think it would work unless sniffed!

Hope you're feeling ok hun x

Hey guys - retrieval is on for tomorrow :) Wish me luck!

I never did the nasal spray, so am not much help. I have been drinking a lot of gatorade lately in preparation.

Oh MissAnnabelle yay! Good Luck hunni, thinking of you xxx

Best of luck, MissAnnabelle!!! Prayers for lots of gorgeous eggies!!!:hugs:

Thinking of you, MissAnnabelle! Can't wait to hear your egg count!

Hope all of you ladies are doing well!

Hey guys. We got 8 eggs - he said they were all mature - whatever that means..lol Fertilization report tomorrow....praying that sperm quality has improved this time so that we can get two good ones in the end.

Fantastic news! Well done :) look forward to hearing progress report x

Wonderful News MissAnnabelle!!! You had 8 mature eggs which means all of them have a chance to get fertilized. Sometimes eggs are not mature at time of ER and cannot be used for fertilization. You're looking to be in great shape!! hugs to you!

SignoraL - I hope you are doing well stimming! Are you still on schedule for next Friday ER? Next week can't get here soon enough for us!

HappyBunny - when do you start stims? Sounds like you have to be really close?

Spicegirl - I agree 100% - I need to stop looking up everything on the internet and getting conflicting info. It's causing me to 2nd guess everything so this time round I've been trying to be better!

AFM, I'm on day 3 of stims. So far so good except I would think the skin around my belly would have toughen up some from my first round of IVF back in March but I'm still bruising so now I can play connect the dots. I go in on Friday to see how I'm coming along. Hugs to all you ladies! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->