IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Kchope- I'm glad you are stimming. Grow follies!! I'm supposed to start on Friday but we have a bit of a problem. My DH is supposed to have MESA done and we just found out its going to cost an additional $7000. So we were going to borrow from our 401K but they won't let us to it because it has to be an incurred medical bill. So right now we are waiting to hear from them. If they don't give us the money then I'll have to stop and wait until we save up the money.

yay Mrs. Annabelle!! Looking forward to hearing the progress!!

AFM, I have 4 more days of birth control.. im expected to start stimming next Thursday! I'm excited, nervous, optimistic and pessimistic at the same time!!

I really hope this cycle takes.. i hate the side effects from all of the hormones. I'm sooo bloated today... i look like i'm 6 months pregnant... and I feel like a cow!! And these side effects are just from birth control and lupron :(

Thanks for listening to me vent!

xooxox

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is doing well. Things are starting to move for everyone and hoping for some :bfp: very soon.

Miss Annabelle - Seems like you have had a bit of a rollercoaster ride over the last couple of days. Glad to hear you are back on track and had ER. Looking forward to your post to see how those little embies are doing. :hugs:

SpiceGirl - I have been on Buserelin for just over 3 weeks and havent really had much side effects apart from the odd hot flush now and again. Hope you are getting on ok

Happy Bunny - Really sorry to hear about the extra cost for you. How are things going do you know if you can carry on with this cycle? Thinking of you and keeping my FX'd :hugs:

Hope everyone else are progressing well :kiss:

AFM - Had scan today and everything is going swimmingly. Buserelin has done its stuff and womb lining is nice and thin and starts stims tomorrow and back next week for scan to decide on ER date :happydance::happydance:

sending everyone lots of :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Im wondering if any of you ladies can advise on the best way for injecting Menopur, as i can see a few of you have been stimming with it. The needle seems to be much bigger than the one ive been using for the buserelin. DH doesnt seem to think so but then he isnt the one injecting himself with it!

Also has anyone had any side effects from it? xx

Thanks, kchope! How are you doing? Is your ER still 9/21? I can't wait!

So excited to hear news from MissAnnabelle! Hope all 8 fertilized! It's great that they were all mature!

HappyBunny, so sorry to hear about the $! What is MESA?

Sandy83, glad your scan went well and things are looking good!

AnnetteCali, I feel so bloated too and I'm not even on Lupron. Every night when I go to bed I want to lay on my stomach, but it's too uncomfortable. Not sure that's from the stims or Lovenox.

Doing well with stimming (on day 4) and so far, ER is still set for 9/21, but have a doc appt. on Friday to check my progress, so we shall see. I hate the Lovenox shot I'm taking though. It's a blood thinner (my doc said I have clotting issues) and I read online that a lot of folks recommend icing it, which I have. But afterwards there's this really uncomfortable pressure on the injection site from inside my abdomen (almost like the medicine is trying to get out, haha). I only have 6 more days of stims and will be starting Ganirelix soon, but I think I have 27 more Lovenox shots. If I get preggo, I hope he won't make me stay on - some people take this throughout pregnancy!

Im wondering if any of you ladies can advise on the best way for injecting Menopur, as i can see a few of you have been stimming with it. The needle seems to be much bigger than the one ive been using for the buserelin. DH doesnt seem to think so but then he isnt the one injecting himself with it!

It burns a bit, but a friend told me waiting a minute or two will help. I put a heating pad on afterwards. Our needle is very small though. We dispose of the one that comes with the syringe (mixing needle?) and use the Q-cap that comes with the Menopur and Bravelle (I mix 3 vials of each) to mix it, then we put a tiny needle on (I would check but I'm actually in bed with my heating pad right now because we just did my shot). No side effects other than that slight burning feeling.

Ive been doing my Buserelin just before i go to work and was told to do the menopur at the same time. will i need time after taking the menopur to allow for things to settle? xx

Hey guys. I wish we had a status update on the first page or something because sometimes it is hard to remember where everyone is in their cycles. It sounds like a lot of you gals have started stimming already and seemslike there will be a lot of e/r's at the end of the month!

AFM - of my 8 - 6 fertilized and 4 are normal. So we have four and are transfering two on Saturday.

Hey guys. I wish we had a status update on the first page or something because sometimes it is hard to remember where everyone is in their cycles. It sounds like a lot of you gals have started stimming already and seemslike there will be a lot of e/r's at the end of the month!

AFM - of my 8 - 6 fertilized and 4 are normal. So we have four and are transfering two on Saturday.

Four is fantastic!!! So excited for you, MissAnnabelle!!!

I've been just updating my signature, but I can put everyone's info on there, but do I need to keep track and update it regularly? I don't mind, but perhaps everyone can write exactly what they want posted. If someone has new info they want shared, they can just say SignoraL, update my status.

Here's what I would write for myself:

SignoraL
Me - 30, DH - 30
Married since June 26, 2010
TTC #1 since June 2011
Diminished Ovarian Reserve and MFI
IVF Cycle #1
Stimming with Menopur & Bravelle since 9/10
Starting Ganirelix (antagonist protocol) on 9/15
ER: 9/21
ET: 9/26

Sound good?

Hi Sandy, the needle for my menopur is quite small also, I do squeeze my tummy skin together and then just jab it in lol! It does sting quite a bit after though.

So far apart from cramps on Monday and some ewcm today that I googled cos I thought I was ovulating but apparently it's normal as estrogen levels rise, I've had no symptoms. Had way more from down regging. I've got my scan first thing in the am to see how things are going, am a bit nervous as no symptoms after 7 days...really hope something going on down there x

That's amazing news, so happy for you. So exciting :hugs:

Four is fantastic!!! So excited for you, MissAnnabelle!!!

I've been just updating my signature, but I can put everyone's info on there, but do I need to keep track and update it regularly? I don't mind, but perhaps everyone can write exactly what they want posted. If someone has new info they want shared, they can just say SignoraL, update my status.

Here's what I would write for myself:

SignoraL
Me - 30, DH - 30
Married since June 26, 2010
TTC #1 since June 2011
Diminished Ovarian Reserve and MFI
IVF Cycle #1
Stimming with Menopur & Bravelle since 9/10
Starting Ganirelix (antagonist protocol) on 9/15
ER: 9/21
ET: 9/26

Sound good?

This is a great idea! Miss Annabelle is right, it's hard to keep track of where everyone is. I will ask you to do my status tomorrow after my scan, hopefully will get some good news then. Hope I've got some nice follies growing, I'm so nervous!

Thanks, kchope! How are you doing? Is your ER still 9/21? I can't wait!

So excited to hear news from MissAnnabelle! Hope all 8 fertilized! It's great that they were all mature!

HappyBunny, so sorry to hear about the $! What is MESA?

Sandy83, glad your scan went well and things are looking good!

AnnetteCali, I feel so bloated too and I'm not even on Lupron. Every night when I go to bed I want to lay on my stomach, but it's too uncomfortable. Not sure that's from the stims or Lovenox.

Doing well with stimming (on day 4) and so far, ER is still set for 9/21, but have a doc appt. on Friday to check my progress, so we shall see. I hate the Lovenox shot I'm taking though. It's a blood thinner (my doc said I have clotting issues) and I read online that a lot of folks recommend icing it, which I have. But afterwards there's this really uncomfortable pressure on the injection site from inside my abdomen (almost like the medicine is trying to get out, haha). I only have 6 more days of stims and will be starting Ganirelix soon, but I think I have 27 more Lovenox shots. If I get preggo, I hope he won't make me stay on - some people take this throughout pregnancy!

MESA stands for Microscopic Epididymal Sperm Aspiration- They are going to open up my DH and extract his sperm in the morning before the retrieve my eggs. He is not looking forward to it :blush:

yay Mrs. Annabelle!! Looking forward to hearing the progress!!

AFM, I have 4 more days of birth control.. im expected to start stimming next Thursday! I'm excited, nervous, optimistic and pessimistic at the same time!!

I really hope this cycle takes.. i hate the side effects from all of the hormones. I'm sooo bloated today... i look like i'm 6 months pregnant... and I feel like a cow!! And these side effects are just from birth control and lupron :(

Thanks for listening to me vent!

xooxox

I know what you mean about being bloated! I share your excitment! Think positive you are going to have tons of eggs and get a baby! :happydance:

:happydance::happydance: so happy for you!

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is doing well. Things are starting to move for everyone and hoping for some :bfp: very soon.

Miss Annabelle - Seems like you have had a bit of a rollercoaster ride over the last couple of days. Glad to hear you are back on track and had ER. Looking forward to your post to see how those little embies are doing. :hugs:

SpiceGirl - I have been on Buserelin for just over 3 weeks and havent really had much side effects apart from the odd hot flush now and again. Hope you are getting on ok

Happy Bunny - Really sorry to hear about the extra cost for you. How are things going do you know if you can carry on with this cycle? Thinking of you and keeping my FX'd :hugs:

Hope everyone else are progressing well :kiss:

AFM - Had scan today and everything is going swimmingly. Buserelin has done its stuff and womb lining is nice and thin and starts stims tomorrow and back next week for scan to decide on ER date :happydance::happydance:

sending everyone lots of :dust::dust::dust::dust:

I have my scan tomorrow and I hope to start stims tomorrow too! Our cycles will be very closed to each other! :dust:

Hi ladies! Hoping I can join in with you all. I'm 31 dh is 32 with essentially unexplained infertility. I had my first IVF with ICSI end of July which was bfn. I'm gearing up now for FET scheduled for 9/28. Looks like quite a few will be having ER and ET around the end of the month!

Yay happy bunny hopefully can go through this together.:hugs:

Let me know how your scan goes today FX'd you start stims today. Did my first one this morning and wasnt as half as bad as i was expecting didnt even get a burning sensation like i was expecting but still early days :happydance:

L4 - Welcome, you should be on the same cycle as a few of us on this thread, I started stims yesterday and due to do this for 10 to 12 days before ER so looking sometime week commencing 24th Sept. How you getting on with your cycle so far? :kiss:

Miss annabelle - congratulations on your little embies. Good luck for tomorrow. Sending you lots of baby:dust::dust::dust:

Signoral - Think an update is a great idea. See below for my update.

Me - 29, DH - 35
Married since April 2012
TTC #1Not TTC due to diagnosis but had plenty of practise!
DH infertile due to Chemotherapy
IVF Cycle #1
Stimming with Menopur since 14 sept
ER: schedule for 27th but could be brought forward will have definite date on 2oth sept
ET: unknown if 3dt or 5 day blastocyst??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->