Jamie Oliver american food revolution

charli87

Chloes Mummy
Reaction score
i watched his new programme last night about him going to america to help sort their eating habits out. i cant believe people find it acceptable to feed their children pizza for breakfast?!
the attitudes of the people in it were really bad. they were so negative towards it all. they dont want to change and yet by the government statistics they are the most unhealthy state.
fair enough the adults dont want to change but surely they must be able to see what they're doing to their children.

anyone else see it? was it just me that was annoyed by it?

yes, i was completely shocked too. Surely they know its not right? but seems like they whole system is a bit messed up with what the education board expected the kids to eat. they gave them pizza as it counted towards 2 of their daily bread points!

pizza is a treat not a daily food item! Eck! mind you there are probably plenty of people in this country who feed their kids worse!

yeah but as a school surely they shouldnt be allowed to give them pizza for breakfast? its crazy :shock: just cant believe the lack of knowledge people have, dont get me wrong im not the healthiest person ever at all but surely some things are common sense.
your right though no doubt there are plenty of people in this country that are bad, but surely not THAT bad lol!

I grew up in the States and can definitely say that my mom didn't give me pizza for breakfast ;) nor do I think it's considered acceptable everywhere.

I think it's important to remember that it is a television show so they are going to show the worst that they can find. And just because one or a handful do that, not all A0mericans do. My sister works in the cafeteria school system and I'm pretty sure pizza was never on their menu for breakfast :lol:

That being said though I watched the show when it aired here and found it to be really interesting. I do think there are a lot of flaws in the cafeteria systems that need to be addressed and fixed for "our" (although I guess I'm in Canada now but it does affect a lot of my family) kids health. Unfortunately the people that work in the system (as the show does show somewhat later on I believe) have their hands tied quite a lot by the politics of it all :wacko: There also needs to be a change outside of the school system I think, educating people on healthy eating habits and what not. I'm not one to bar all treats, I do believe they have their place in moderation but feel that they are probably to freely given in a lot of cases. Also the portion sizes are outrageous in restaurants etc.

i know it was pretty gross that they found it acceptable...did you see that womens freezer lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->