Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

It may make a difference if you're taking it as precaution (like TTC said) or if you have known issues.
When I was getting blood draws they noticed a sharp drop and then put me on the highest dosage possible. (200mg/ 3xdaily)

Mine was just precautionary. I wasn't on it with DD. I take 200mg twice a day.

It seems quite a few of you are on progesterone. Are you all on tablet form or the cream?

I've had my scan at EPU this morning. Baby is in the right place and measuring one day ahead 7+2 :cloud9: Feeling relieved. Still worried until baby ok at 12 week scan.

Asked nurse at hospital about testing progesterone. She said I will need to speak to my midwife. Rang docs to get booking in appointment with midwife and receptionist said midwife will ring me within 2 weeks. So it could be ages before I get progesterone re-checked (if they agree to do it at all). I'm therefore thinking I will just get myself some off Amazon or something but not sure which type / dose to go for. Does anyone have any advice?

Great news about your scan Everything. I'm glad it was able to bring you some relief. Will you now have to wait until 20 weeks, or will you be able to get another scan before then?

I have a few friends that use Natpro, it's a natural progesterone cream, and they give it high marks. I looked at their ordering site and it says that they ship to 'most' countries, but weren't specific. Here's their website for more info Natpro
If you have a look around it talks a little bit about dosing and administration. I hope that's a little helpful.
I'm taking the tablets. During the day I take them orally and at night I insert one vaginally. But not all tablets are for both purposes. We did discuss injections, but thankfully my Progesterone levels were doing well with just the tablets.
Were you able to get a keepsake from your scan?

Beta hcg = 70 (19 - 48 hours ago). I'm thrilled with this number. I have my first ultrasound scheduled for July 11th!

So, 6 weeks today I feel like iv been hit by a bus. Nausea all day, my appetite has gone completely and nothing feels appetising. Except peaches, which isn't unusual for me as it was a major craving with my pregnancy with my daughter! So all good here.

Hope everyone is well?

I don't know whether to book my scan for a week today @ 7 weeks or two weeks @ 8 weeks, I need reassurance and I need it soon, but I'd also like to see a little more than a blob :haha: I'm reassured by my nausea, however I don't want it to give me flash hope!

Busy, thanks for the info. I'll look into that. Here in the UK we get a NHS free scan around 12 weeks. It is at this point that they can check the nuchal fold to calculate risk of Down's Syndrome. We then get another at 20 weeks.

In my previous 2 full-term pregnancies I also got a 30 week NHS scan to check growth due to the blood-clotting disorder I've got.

Lucy, I'd probably try to wait until 8 weeks seeing as you have strong symptoms that might help you through the next week or so. Although, it depends how crazy worried you will be over the next week and whether you might be able to get another scan a couple of weeks later x

Great news about your scan EverythingXd!!

Lucy I know the feeling, I'm so glad I'm exhausted and sick but then wonder if I'm convinvcing myself I'm feeling sick. Feel like a crazy women.

I have an 8 week scan booked in for next Monday, and will have my usual 12 week scan. Then cervical checks from 16 weeks. I miscarried my last pregnancy just before 16 weeks so I'm debating whether too book a private at 14 weeks to ease my mind.

Hi ladies!! Just wanted to pop in. Had a scan today due to spotting. Baby is measuring 6 weeks 2 days with a perfectly beating heart at 120 bpm. I do have a SCH that is tiny according to my Dr at 1 cm. I've never had one, but I've had every other pregnant complication so it doesn't surprise me that I'd have this now. Now I just have to stay away from DTD but I am over the moon!! I haven't seen a heartbeat in my most recent 2 mcs so this is a milestone. Has anyone had one of these bleeds? Did everything turn out ok if you did? Baby #3 due Feb 11!!!!

Just waiting for a scan - so worried sth could be wrong. Will update after :)

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Baby stopped growing at 10 weeks. Consultant said it could have happened any day at the pregnancy could have slowed down towards the end - so could have been this morning.

Just going to work and totally numb. Crying at the train station in front of all these people. Third time in a row and so close to 12 weeks.

Now I get to choose whether to have surgery (which they advise) or wait for it to happen naturally (which they don't advise, as I could have very severe bleeding and have to come to A&E).

Now have black mascara dripping down my face.

@Everything - Great news about the scan :)

@Lucy - Depends how much of a worrier you are. If your symptoms are strong enough to be noticed, I would suggest waiting. But either ways 7 weeks is not really that early - you'll get to see the heartbeat which can reassure you for another week.

@ Jami - Good news on the scan. Don't worry much about the SCH, esp., when Dr had said it's very tiny. I haven't had one but have seen many ladies in this forum who had gone on to have a healthy pregnancy.

@SweetKat - All the best. Sending prayers and hugs your ways :hugs:

As for me, I had a scan today and we could see a minute little bean flickering away :happydance: As expected, my dates were approx. behind a week as per LMP - but since I knew I ovulated atleast a week later, I wasn't surprised. Dr. said it looks only like around 5+3 weeks - very tiny so, I'll have to go for a proper dating scan on 05 July again. And I got prescription for both progesterone and Baby aspirin today. Hoping the next two weeks roll by fast.

They could send the baby away for testing - she said the nuchal fold looks big but that could have happened after the baby died. So I get to have tests now for why this keeps happening but she said there most likely won't be an answer.

@SweetKat - So Sorry Hun :hugs: Will be praying for you! Hope you get your rainbow soon. Will they offer some more tests this time?

Have you got tested for any clotting disorders? If not, can you ask them and see if you need to be in aspirin for the next pregnancy?

Hi ladies!! Just wanted to pop in. Had a scan today due to spotting. Baby is measuring 6 weeks 2 days with a perfectly beating heart at 120 bpm. I do have a SCH that is tiny according to my Dr at 1 cm. I've never had one, but I've had every other pregnant complication so it doesn't surprise me that I'd have this now. Now I just have to stay away from DTD but I am over the moon!! I haven't seen a heartbeat in my most recent 2 mcs so this is a milestone. Has anyone had one of these bleeds? Did everything turn out ok if you did? Baby #3 due Feb 11!!!!

Hey Jami, glad you got your milestone and everything went well with your scan. I don't have any personal experience with an SCH. I have a friend that had a small SCH, and shes currently 32 weeks pregnant. I have everything crossed for you xx

Have you got tested for any clotting disorders? If not, can you ask them and see if you need to be in aspirin for the next pregnancy?

Second MMC they think was a chromosomal issue as yolk sack was too big. This time consultant said fold on back of baby's neck looks large (but fluid could have collected after the baby stopped growing).

Have to have a D&C as am post 9 weeks and they will send baby away for testing. Consultant mentioned clotting issues but said that this accounts for a very small percentage of losses.

My OH takes methotrexate and has poor morphology (6%). This could be a potential issue? Apparently DNA fragmentation in sperm can cause losses.

If it's so many chromosomal issues in a row, what would cause them?? I thought was safe as so close to 12 weeks and had 4 scans with good hb, but there you go. Still ended in an MMC :(

TTC that's a great doubling time. :) Will you be having more draws or just wait until your scan?

lucy if you can manage I'd definitely hold off until 8 weeks, baby will less blob-like

Jlou you mean cervical checks via ultrasound right? where they check for shortening? I could understand why you'd want to book a private scan a bit earlier that 16 weeks given your history.

Great news on you scan Jami. I had an SCH with the twins and with this pregnancy as well. Yours is really small so most likely it will resolve on it's own without any issues. It's mainly when they are as big as the gest. sac that you see any complications.

SanJan that's wonderful news. :dance: Roll on 2 weeks!

Sweetkat I am so very sorry. My heart is breaking for you. :cry:
We had our Avery sent away for testing, unfortunately we didn't get any answers. Most people don't.
I've only ever MC naturally, our latest lost was 9+5. I've heard that a D&C is much kinder on you physically that far gone.
I wish I could take this hurt from you, no one deserves this. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"