• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Sweetkat - I am so sorry for your loss.

AFM - No more blood draw. Just waiting the 3 weeks for the scan. I'm sure I'll go insane during the wait. I'm having so many uterine sensations that are freaking me out even though I know it's normal.

Sweetkat I am so very sorry. My heart is breaking for you. :cry:
We had our Avery sent away for testing, unfortunately we didn't get any answers. Most people don't.
I've only ever MC naturally, our latest lost was 9+5. I've heard that a D&C is much kinder on you physically that far gone.
I wish I could take this hurt from you, no one deserves this. :hugs:

Thank you for your kind words. I sort of didn't get attached, as in my heart of hearts i thought sth would go wrong, but I still didn't expect this to happen three times in a row.

I had a grim experience at 8&4 loss, where I took the medication, bled for a day, then all was quiet, and then two weeks later had a horrendous bleed for about 5 hours. It was so heavy I thought I would have to go to A&E. I am scared it could be worse as am 10 days further along. The consultant said I might end up in A&E anyway for emergency surgery. And I don't think I could cope with waiting for 2 weeks again :(

So sad that instead of a baby I get to have surgery under general anaesthetic :(.

I am also scared of trying again in case the same thing happens almost 11 weeks in. Sigh.

Thank you for your support.

I am so very sorry for your loss SweetKat.

Yes busy I will have scan of my cervix from 16-24 weeks, because they don't know why I miscarried, but they believe it was due to an incompetent cervix or my placenta detaching. So I am on Asprin and will also have a detailed scan at 20 weeks to check the blood flow to the placenta.

We had our Avery sent away for testing, unfortunately we didn't get any answers. Most people don't.
I've only ever MC naturally, our latest lost was 9+5. I've heard that a D&C is much kinder on you physically that far gone.

Thank you for your kind words. I sort of didn't get attached, as in my heart of hearts i thought sth would go wrong, but I still didn't expect this to happen three times in a row.

I had a grim experience at 8&4 loss, where I took the medication, bled for a day, then all was quiet, and then two weeks later had a horrendous bleed for about 5 hours. It was so heavy I thought I would have to go to A&E. I am scared it could be worse as am 10 days further along. The consultant said I might end up in A&E anyway for emergency surgery. And I don't think I could cope with waiting for 2 weeks again :(

So sad that instead of a baby I get to have surgery under general anaesthetic :(.

I am also scared of trying again in case the same thing happens almost 11 weeks in. Sigh.

Am so sorry you are having to go through this again. My heart goes out to you xx

Am so sorry you are having to go through this again. My heart goes out to you xx

Thank you. I was hoping for a baby this time, but clearly not meant to be :(

Sweetkat - my heart breaks for you, you and your family are in my thoughts. How life can be so cruel as to do that to you not once but three times I will never know. Be kind to yourself over the next few weeks :(

Hi ladies!!

I've been lurking while on vacation but I had to stop in and give hugs to you sweetkat!! So very sorry for your loss! Praying for you! :hugs:

I will give my update when I return home in a few days!!

Sweetkat, I'm so sorry to read your sad news :cry: It feels extra cruel to have seen the heartbeat, and so painful for it to happen so close to your scan. Please take care of each other and grieve for your loss.

I hope you get some answers. Did you say your OH is on methotrexate? Have you mentioned this to your doc? Only, I read that both men and women should discontinue its use at least 3 months prior to trying for a baby, so this could be the reason (I'm no expert though, just what I read on the Internet).

Sending you hugs :hugs:

Busy- I'm super late but no i don't have to take injections anymore. I never really needed them. It was more of a throw everything at the wall and see what sticks kind of thing. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Ttc- welcome and hoping this is your rainbow!

SweetKat- sending you so much love and hugs. I know how hard it is to have multiple losses in a row. I know methotrexate can cause issues with dna as its given to cancer patients and alters Dna and replication. I'd talk to your dr about it. I didn't have a d&c but I went in to my ob and I was actively mcing, she was able to send my baby to be tested and it was a chromosally normal baby as well. It may give you some insight of you do it. Either way we are here for you.

Hi all!!! Been on vacation. Glad to see so many symptoms coming, scans, etc. I'm still hanging in. Having mainly good days. Some nausea here and there and tired of course. Still haven't scheduled a scan or appt. will be 8 weeks Friday. I also haven't gone over to any first tri boards. I have found in the past they don't really understand.

. I also haven't gone over to any first tri boards. I have found in the past they don't really understand.

I hover in the first tri, answer questions mainly about worry/anxiety or I go on symptom searches haha

I must say this group is my saviour, all you ladies are fairly regular in here and it's so nice to have people who understand, I can't wait to all have babies together and all be on a parenting board together :) :hugs: for all my 'friends' in here x x x

omg sweetkat im so sorry. how devastating. this is so unfair for us ladies who keep having miscarriages. there are people out there who have plenty of children and have never had one single miscarriage and then women like us who have them repeatedly. it is not fair at all. one day you will get your baby...so hang on. and when you do you will cherish her/him more than life itself. I lost my first 2 at 12 and 8 weeks before I had my son. after the second they discovered my bloodclotting issue. I got on bloodthinners and the next baby like magic was born fine! the 2nd as well. and wouldn't you know, I didn't take meds anymore because of insurance issues and sure enough I had two more miscarriages. now im back on the shots and just saw a heartbeat. I would be asking the dr not only to test the baby but to do bloods on you. rule out RH factor, blood clotting disorders, and what not.
hugs to you and keep trying. it WILL happen :hugs:

Only had my scan on Monday, but now I'm worried again already. That didn't give me relief for long did it? I woke an hour or so ago (which I have been waking around 1am most nights). I've laid here for an hour messing around on my phone but don't feel sick :shrug: I had got so I was having to go downstairs for food because I felt so sick. I didn't feel so bad last night but I put it down to having a late dinner. I ate a little later last night, but I woke 2 hours later too so I was asleep for the same time since eating. Not feeling sick at all. Oh please don't do this to me again :cry:

Sweetkat, I'm so sorry to read your sad news :cry: It feels extra cruel to have seen the heartbeat, and so painful for it to happen so close to your scan. Please take care of each other and grieve for your loss.

I hope you get some answers. Did you say your OH is on methotrexate? Have you mentioned this to your doc? Only, I read that both men and women should discontinue its use at least 3 months prior to trying for a baby, so this could be the reason (I'm no expert though, just what I read on the Internet).

Sending you hugs :hugs:

Thank you so much for your response.

Yes the insert in the medicine says stop for at least 6 months. He did stop for a year with our DD.

After that he tried to stop but he is in a lot lot lot of pain and his consultant (nothing to do with fertility) said that it's safe to get pregnant on it or at least there is no evidence it causes miscarriage.

I have mentioned it to all the Drs I have seen during my MMCs and they all say this could be the cause but it's not proven. Personally I am convinced it's the medication :( causing poor morphology (94% head defects and that's where all the genetic information is) and that in turn causes late miscarriage.

Now I am scared to try again and am seriously considering trying with a donor/ splitting with OH. I know it seems extreme but I am desperate for a baby and my one dream is snatched away every time. I have been pregnant three times since September and no baby :(

I really hope all you ladies get your rainbows and I am sorry the rainbow thread is full of sad MC stuff because of me. After seeing the heartbeat 4 times and being told there is no issue whatsoever and everything looks good, I was totally shell shocked for the consultant to say no heartbeat. With my DD I had my 12 week scan at 11&5. So just a week's difference with where I should be today :(

Only had my scan on Monday, but now I'm worried again already. That didn't give me relief for long did it? I woke an hour or so ago (which I have been waking around 1am most nights). I've laid here for an hour messing around on my phone but don't feel sick :shrug: I had got so I was having to go downstairs for food because I felt so sick. I didn't feel so bad last night but I put it down to having a late dinner. I ate a little later last night, but I woke 2 hours later too so I was asleep for the same time since eating. Not feeling sick at all. Oh please don't do this to me again :cry:

My MS vanished at 8 weeks but everything was fine then. It came back two days later. Keeping everything crossed that you are ok :)

omg sweetkat im so sorry. how devastating. this is so unfair for us ladies who keep having miscarriages. there are people out there who have plenty of children and have never had one single miscarriage and then women like us who have them repeatedly. it is not fair at all. one day you will get your baby...so hang on. and when you do you will cherish her/him more than life itself. I lost my first 2 at 12 and 8 weeks before I had my son. after the second they discovered my bloodclotting issue. I got on bloodthinners and the next baby like magic was born fine! the 2nd as well. and wouldn't you know, I didn't take meds anymore because of insurance issues and sure enough I had two more miscarriages. now im back on the shots and just saw a heartbeat. I would be asking the dr not only to test the baby but to do bloods on you. rule out RH factor, blood clotting disorders, and what not.
hugs to you and keep trying. it WILL happen :hugs:

I am going to have some testing done this time. With 2 losses I just thought it was bad luck, but now seems there is a reason this keeps happening.

Sorry for your losses :(. It's all very unfair and fx for a healthy baby.

Sweetkat - my heart breaks for you, you and your family are in my thoughts. How life can be so cruel as to do that to you not once but three times I will never know. Be kind to yourself over the next few weeks :(

I don't understand why this happened three times either. Seems that the percentage of women who have recurrent losses is tiny, and I am in that minority :(

Sweetkat I'm so sorry! I too would be questioning the mtx, given that that is the drug that is given to a woman for a MMC. So sorry you're going through this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->