Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Wednesday my OB's office called with my beta and progesterone results and everything looked wonderful. They asked me to go in the next day for a scan. So I went in yesterday afternoon and was able to see my sweet little baby with it's beautiful heart just beating away. I was overcome with happy tears. Given my history my OB will be having me go in for weekly scans for a while. My milestones will probably be baby steps for a time. They found a very large bleed and I'm praying it resolves by next week's scan and that baby is still very healthy.

No big plans for me this weekend...still on modified bed rest. As per doctor's orders now.

How is everyone getting on?
So pleased you got to see a heartbeat. That is fantastic news!

So I rang my doctor today and my blood tests all came back normal, but when I asked about the referral to the EPU for an early scan the doctor hasn't done the referral so I need to go back on Tuesday for another appointment to request the referral again. So annoyed! Apologies for the rant, but I kind of feel I am in limbo till I see a heartbeat.

Rant on, I'd be irritated as well as it means more waiting. Why must you have an appointment to ask for a referral? If he's already said he was willing wouldn't a simple reminder do? Perhaps that's another difference between there and stateside. Sorry Jojo, roll on Tuesday

Back to 3+. 6 weeks today. Another friend is pregnant. She just told me and she's quite far along. I wonder if she didn't tell me because of my losses. Trying not to feel what I'm feeling but it's always easy for others and such a struggle for me. This is my first rough day. Going to eat ice cream sandwiches and get over myself. Congrats to all who are hitting milestones and having great scans.

I'm glad it was just dilute wee and you've got 3+ again. :hugs:
It's okay to have a wobble, we're here for you!

So I rang my doctor today and my blood tests all came back normal, but when I asked about the referral to the EPU for an early scan the doctor hasn't done the referral so I need to go back on Tuesday for another appointment to request the referral again. So annoyed! Apologies for the rant, but I kind of feel I am in limbo till I see a heartbeat.

Glad your bloodwork came back normal but I would be irritated too!! Like busy said, maybe you can just call them?

Back to 3+. 6 weeks today. Another friend is pregnant. She just told me and she's quite far along. I wonder if she didn't tell me because of my losses. Trying not to feel what I'm feeling but it's always easy for others and such a struggle for me. This is my first rough day. Going to eat ice cream sandwiches and get over myself. Congrats to all who are hitting milestones and having great scans.

So glad you got another 3+!! It's so funny how that can calm us down !! It's totally fine to have a rough day, I wish I was ther eating ice cream sandwiches with you! If your friend did wait to tell you, I actually think that was kind of nice so you didn't see her passing all of these milestones so easily that would be difficult for us.

Hugs to all of you ladies!

Cupcake- I have nausea after taking my prenatal about 1 1/2 hours later and carbs are the only thing that keeps it down lol. And we all nothing tastes s good as carbs lol

Jojo- glad all labs are good. I'd call to. If the day no can oh get a private scan?

Bselck and Busy- thanks for being here for me ladies. I cried, I prayed, I only ate 1 ice cream sandwich lol, and I took a 2 hour nap. I feel a lot better. I don't plan on telling anyone about my pregnancy until I can't hide it but I think it was just the thought another person not having to go through all this difficulty and just able to fly through pregnancy. But I don't want anyone else to go through this either.

Busy- I now i said it before but I'm glad you saw bubs and everyth of looked good. You said you're getting weekly scans? That's exciting! I hope it'll ease any anxiety you have.

I do feel better. My friend who is pregnant we are very close and now my 2 closest friends are pregnant and quite far along so it's hard at times but I'm extremely happy for them. Though I do miss my babies. Keeping the faith for this little one growing inside of me and resisting the growing urge to get a scan. I've only made it to 8+4 bit I've mad anywhere from 4-8.4 so the next few weeks will be rough. I've stayed pregnant up until 10 weeks in one of those pregnancies. So these are my rough weeks. Dh is taking me out tonight so I'm going to study and get ready to be a regular adult with no kids tonight lol.

5 weeks 4 days. Bloods last week went from 94-667 in 4 days. So great. Had sono today. Saw gest sac and yolk sac.. but Dr made a comment that the gest sac looks small. He then said everything looks great....but I'm freaking out about the small comment.

Jami- don't let the dr upset you. They say things they don't realize drive us batty. It sounds like you had a great us.

Thanks ladies for your advice, I did ring my GP and they said I had to come in again, so.... Guess I'll just stick to my appointment on Tuesday and see what happens. Will pay for a private scan if they don't refer me.

Am feeling really moody at the moment and know I am not being very nice to my OH and LO. I think it is stress mixed with pregnancy hormones. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Jojo- I usually am good about not giving in to those feelings but sometimes it gets me. I don't feel that way today but it's hard at times I know. I just am keeping the faith and believing in my own blessings.

Hi Ladies! I'd love to join you all! I found out a couple weeks ago I was pregnant again! My EDD is Jan 25th!

A bit of my history is that when first trying to get pregnant I had 2 miscarriages then an ectopic in my right tube. I had surgery but the doctor saved my tube. I then went on to have my first rainbow baby ( my DS) .. Then a few years later my oh and I decided to try again ., I ended up back in the hospital with a ruptured right tube (Jan 2016) to my surprise a couple months after I got my :bfp: since then I've been to the doctors they monitored my hcg and took an early u/s at 6 weeks at I got to see my tiny baby in the right place with a heart beat!

florida good for you for only eating 1 ice cream sandwich :thumbup: Rest does a lot for a weary heart. I hope that you had a nice night out with your OH. Praying for you as you head into testing week. We MMC one of our twins at 9.5 weeks and only knew about it through ultrasound at 12. You're not alone in those fears :hugs:

Glad you could join us Jami. Forgive me, when are you due again? Like the other ladies said I wouldn't let the doc's comment eat away at you, especially if they said everything looked good...you're still really early.

Hope time flies for you between now and Tues. Jojo and that everything turns out okay.

Hi Skeet :wave: My you've dealt with a lot. :hugs: We're very happy to have you join us here. I'm so glad that your LO is doing well and in the right spot.

Hi skeet. :hugs: you have been through much but I'm hoping this is another rainbow for you! So glad bub is in the right place and growing strong!

Welcome skeet! :wohoo:

Florida- I am so proud of you for only eating 1 ice cream sandwich!

I got into a HUGE fight with DH today- (it was over him saying he needed to clean the house today because "it never gets cleaned during the week" and for me in retaliation saying I'm the only one taking care of the baby) we talked it out but I did end up getting three pints of HALO top ice cream and 2 cupcakes- I also seriously told my step daughter that if she touches my protein ice cream that I will seriously snap and cut off her allowance :haha: sorry not sorry lol

Hello ladies

I am still here - period of relative calm after my scan on Wednesday. Still very worried but I seem to have MS again and well I can't go for a scan again, so just waiting for a week or so and will either go for a scan and harmony/ panorama at just over 10 weeks or for the usual scan at around 12.
I have been so paranoid that haven't made the appointment with the Dr to refer me for 12 week scan, will do that first thing tomorrow.

Skeet - welcome. Fingers crossed this is your rainbow :)

Jojo - I totally understand about the rough weeks. Tomorrow is how far along I was with my first loss when I was told there is no hb :(. Hope they sort out the EPU referral for you. When I needed a referral for my DD I had a massive argument with the receptionist who said your case isn't urgent. I was like wtf, you aren't even medically qualified, put me through to the GP right now!!

Re other ppl being pregnant, my Oh's good friend has just announced his gf is 13 weeks. What's odd is he said to me she didn't want children at all and wanted to adopt. I remember this really clearly as was the date I tested positive (which turned into my second loss). My pregnancy now is first cycle after that loss, so they were actively trying to get pregnant while saying they don't want children! The friend then said it took them ages to get pregnant.

BSelck- well done on getting 3+. I got my 3+ at 5.3 (the day we got back from hols I sprinted off to the local pharmacy to get the test). And then counted the days down until could have the scan at 6.3. I would have done clearblue every day except I was on hols and they had crap tests that didn't show a positive until 3 days after a missed period which really confused me cos had tested a faint positive with FRER a whole 5 days before missed period.

So I actually thought was out and had drinks on 3 occasions convinced was out and then my period never came. And on top of that the stupid pharmacist at the one pharmacy in the resort gave me funny looks cos I came in every day for a week and pretended she didn't understand what I wanted!! lol

Iv a feeling my morning sickness is on its way, I keep smelling awful stuff....like we are farmers and I can smell the lanolin from the sheep miles off, I wouldn't normally smell that...it stinks. Theb I opened the medicine cabinet and that made me heave. I can smell vitamins lol oh and then I went to roll OH a ciggy and the smell of tobacco turned my stomach, it's usually a smell I love...it's a good sign, I never had that with my miscarriage :wohoo:

I'm thinkingo booking a scan for 7weeks, the twins stopped growing at 7+4, so figure that's a good time for a reassurance scan.
And I shall take my last digital test this week and hope to see a 3+ come up!

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Bselck- dh's just don't truly understand even though baby is so tiny we are really fatigued. And when I was a stay at home mom to toddlers let me tell you, I am a nurse and I save lives and rib all day but it's still less tutoring than being a full time mom lol. Good for you! I support all ice cream consumption lol.

Sweetkat- I understand what you mean :hugs:. I know it's hard. We think it's hard when we are go if through the weeks we have mc but the real tough time is when we are in uncharted waters. When we get past those weeks it feels like navigation the ocean all by your self. We are here for you. Try to keep your calm and I hope you get your next scan soon.

Lucy- it's weird because you want to say sorry you are getting ms but inside I'm saying yay! She's having ms lol

Lucy- it's weird because you want to say sorry you are getting ms but inside I'm saying yay! She's having ms lol

I definitely want people to say yey! I literally can't wait to be bent double with sickness, how ridiculous is that! After I'd posted I decided to get out the bleach, thats what made me retch in my two successful pregnancies, needless to day after I'd cleaned the floor I had to stand next to an open door trying not to throw up....I'm hoping it's a good sign of things going as they're supposed to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->