Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Glong! I was in the January group with you, so happy to see you here! Congratulations!

Thanks for the welcome Tulip! I'm due January 8th.

Been feeling sick on and off, but not too bad most days luckily.

Hello to all the new ladies!

So I had some good news today... The EPU rang and have booked me in for a scan on the 23 June, so I have just over a week to go hopefully until I get to see a heartbeat. Really excited and nervous at the same time. I'll be 7 weeks on the scan date.

Have been feeling pretty rubbish for the last few days but not nauseous as such. Just tired and worn out. Have a feeling that the MS will hit soon though.

I think we will find out the sex of the baby when I get to 20 weeks, we did last time for practical reasons.

Hope you are all doing well x

yay for feeling sick! Sorry nothing sounds good to eat though. How are you feeling about your appt. being a ways out?

Yeah it's a fair way out, the receptionist said they didn't offer appt before 10 weeks :wacko: just aswel I'm booking a scan for 7 weeks! Only 2 weeks to go! Hopefully see a sticky bean with a heartbeat :)

Hey ladies, hope you're all doing good.

JoJo - I have a scan next week at EPU too when I'll be 7 weeks. Mine is on Monday 20th, I'll be 7+1.

Re gender, I have 2 boys and I really wanted a girl 2nd pregnancy. I had an early scan to give myself more time to get over the disappointment if it was a boy. I think I just felt I couldn't possibly love another boy as much as DS1. I am totally smitten with both my DS's and know I would be with another, and so I said I wouldn't bother finding out if I had a 3rd baby. Similar to SweetKat though, I'm thinking it would be a good idea so I can stock up on some pink things.

Starting to feel hungry and a bit sick if I haven't eaten for a while, and a bit sick if I've eaten a full dinner. So I guess MS is coming on nicely :thumbup:

JoJo - I have a scan next week at EPU too when I'll be 7 weeks. Mine is on Monday 20th, I'll be 7+1
Good luck with your scan next week. I'll be 7+1 when I have mine as well. Let's hope we both get to see a heartbeat x

Welcome to all the new ladies!! Sorry you have loaded but so glad you're joining us on this rainbow journey :hugs:. Fx for all the scans coming up. Post pictures so we can see the lo's!!

Let me tell you the one symptom I have the worst... Stinky awful pregnant lady farts lol. My husband gets mad every time I do it, he says its killer lol. I tell him it's the baby doing it not me.

Argh I wish sometimes I could detach my brain from myself.

This morning I had a very PMA, felt truly excited and fine for the first time for this pregnancy.
This evening my anxiety has crept back In, I'm nervous, nervous as hell. I don't think I could cope if there wasn't a heartbeat, or with another loss
I'm a statistics person, but I can't seem to find any reassuring facts on the likelihood of a second MMC to set my mind at ease. :(

I'm feeling really very nauseous, which didn't happen last time....so that helps, but argh my brain is in overdrive tonight :(

Eta: did a little Googled, turns out whilst it does happen, the chance of another MMC is something like 10% instead of the typical 25% for a Mc in any pregnancy. The odds are in my favour, also for many many women they just didn't get symptoms, much like me with my MMC and as I'm suffering cramps, nausea and sore Boobs this pregnancy is already very different. Il just need to try and control my anxiety until I see a heartbeat, when the risk of a Mc drops to 3%

Ugh sorry for the rant
I do go on a bit :dohh:

Lucy you really don't need to apologise! Have you seen how long some of my posts are?! :rofl: At least what you wrote was interesting haha!

I had symptoms with my MMC, but they definitely reduced at 9 weeks. I worried, but Dr Google reassured me that it was just the placenta taking over (even though I knew my MS hadn't faded until much nearer or soon after the 12 wk mark with my DS's). When I went for the 12 wk scan, I found out the loss of symptoms was when my baba died (8+5).

Florida :rofl: at stinky pregnant lady farts! Mine were actually worse every month the day after I ovulated, totally eggy and gross :lol:

Jojo glad your scan date has come through.

lucy ooh 2 more weeks, that's not bad at all. It's hard not to have a wobble given your experience. Unfortunately I fall in that 10% of unlucky individuals that has had more than 1 MMC and the unluckiest 3% that has miscarried after seeing a HB. Those bad feelings are bound to come and that's okay as long as we don't dwell there. :hugs:
Today we are pregnant...
And sharing your feelings will never be seen as a rant or a burden here, standing with you luv.

You as well Everything. Loads of scans soon. I'm praying for lots of great outcomes and looking forward to sharing pics of our rainbows.

Florida had to laugh at your stinky bum :haha: Pregnancy is SO glamorous.

Hey ladies, hope you're all doing good.

JoJo - I have a scan next week at EPU too when I'll be 7 weeks. Mine is on Monday 20th, I'll be 7+1.

Re gender, I have 2 boys and I really wanted a girl 2nd pregnancy. I had an early scan to give myself more time to get over the disappointment if it was a boy. I think I just felt I couldn't possibly love another boy as much as DS1. I am totally smitten with both my DS's and know I would be with another, and so I said I wouldn't bother finding out if I had a 3rd baby. Similar to SweetKat though, I'm thinking it would be a good idea so I can stock up on some pink things.

Starting to feel hungry and a bit sick if I haven't eaten for a while, and a bit sick if I've eaten a full dinner. So I guess MS is coming on nicely :thumbup:

Everything- I think I may be having another boy and I think I would be slightly disappointed only because my DH says this will be our last child (as he has two daughters from a previous marriage). I told him let's have s healthy second baby and we will go from there and see what the future holds for more children. :) but he wants another boy to even out his two girls.

I'm also in the exact boat as you when it comes to the nausea and eating habits. I'm nauseous and feel like I need to eat. Then I look into the fridge and nothing looks appealing. Then I eat something but the nausea doesn't always go away.

Welcome to all the new ladies!! Sorry you have loaded but so glad you're joining us on this rainbow journey :hugs:. Fx for all the scans coming up. Post pictures so we can see the lo's!!

Let me tell you the one symptom I have the worst... Stinky awful pregnant lady farts lol. My husband gets mad every time I do it, he says its killer lol. I tell him it's the baby doing it not me.

Florida- i was dying when I read this!! Totally in the same boat last week!

Jojo glad your scan date has come through.

lucy ooh 2 more weeks, that's not bad at all. It's hard not to have a wobble given your experience. Unfortunately I fall in that 10% of unlucky individuals that has had more than 1 MMC and the unluckiest 3% that has miscarried after seeing a HB. Those bad feelings are bound to come and that's okay as long as we don't dwell there. :hugs:
Today we are pregnant...
And sharing your feelings will never be seen as a rant or a burden here, standing with you luv.

You as well Everything. Loads of scans soon. I'm praying for lots of great outcomes and looking forward to sharing pics of our rainbows.

Florida had to laugh at your stinky bum :haha: Pregnancy is SO glamorous.

Busy and Lucy- I have had a MMC and MC both after seeing heartbeats :cry: so I too must fall into that 3% :( but that does not define very pregnancy I have and I refuse to let that define this pregnancy! :hugs:

I also had symptoms with my first MMC, really bad MS with throwing up which suddenly vanished for a few days at 8&5. Which is what prompted me to get an early scan at 9&3. Was told no heartbeat and baby measured around 8&3/ 8&4.

I am 9&4 today, and of course feeling mega paranoid. I have seen the heartbeat several times now and last time last week at 8&5. I am ok some days or parts of days and then feel really anxious at other times :(

Don't know whether to pay for harmony/ scan or just wait til 12 weeks. My appointment hasn't even come through yet. I didn't call the GP until yesterday to even ask for it as was feeling so paranoid, so fx it comes through this week or next week.

I am feeling sick and throwing up every morning, which sort of makes me feel a bit better. The irony lol

Oh God I'm so so sorry ladies that have had more than one MMC/mc :( how do you continue? I'd be such a wreck... I suppose theres not a lot we can do but hope and prey our current pregnancies continue well, please forgive me for saying I really hope I'm not also going to be in that 3%:(

Oh God I'm so so sorry ladies that have had more than one MMC/mc :( how do you continue? I'd be such a wreck... I suppose theres not a lot we can do but hope and prey our current pregnancies continue well, please forgive me for saying I really hope I'm not also going to be in that 3%:(

Hah, there's nothing to forgive... of course you don't want to be in the 3%! :thumbup: I hope none of us are again. I'm also a 3%er (there's a lot of us on this thread isn't there?!). I saw HB at 6+2 before my MMC. It was tough, I can't lie. I lost the baby only 5/6 months after having my ectopic when I lost my ovary and needed 4 pints blood transfusion. 2015 was annus horribilus for me - I also turned 40 that year, argh! I have everything crossed that 2016/17 is going to prove to be the healer for me and for all you girls :hugs:

I also belong to the 3%. I have experienced recurrent miscarriage. I have 3 children youngest is 6. Then since December 2012 I lost 6 babies back to back before March 2015. I've had mmc but I knew when it was over. I just could feel it. This pregnancy I prayed for no symptoms and God delivered lol. I sometimes get a icky stomach but not often and my boobs feel heavy some days but that's it. I pray for this baby, thank God for this baby, and speak life into this baby everyday. I dreamed about (her hehe) last night. In my dream I had the most beautiful little girl. My husband as busy at work and she was born at I believe 35 weeks and I said I'd have a sip and see since she was too early to have a baby shower lol. Then I woke up and dream of her again. She was gorgeous.

I'm really not to sure about booking this scan in that case, I don't want to get my hopes up if they're is a heartbeat only to potentially get it dashed later on, I'm really on the fence. I thought 3% was pretty good odds, but there is a lot of lovely ladies that seem to fall into that category anyway.

I'm so sorry girls, life is incredibly cruel.

I dream of my baby too, well actually I dream of twins, so most probably am actually dreaming of my last pregnancy. Two tiny babies in a basket, weirdly in my cousins house. It's a dream that is so lovely when asleep, but complete torture when awake, it feels like my heart may burst.

Onto lighter things, I haven't felt so nauseous today, probably because iv eaten when I'm supposed to. Cramping is moving a little higher up, Boobs still sore, but more a shooting pain in the nipple and general heaviness than anything.

Hope you lovely lot are well :)

Oh and ugh, we have torrential rain here in the UK (Derbyshire) the farm is flooded and the animals are not happy, business is not going to be good this year!

Hello ladies, been awol due to horrid shift pattern plus sickness/ nausea.... I also have the lovely symptom of increased saliva ☹️, it's so disgusting, my mouth is constantly full, had enough so finally went to the GP to get referred to the midwives and to get some antiemetics, taking cyclizine, still feeling rough but the nausea is at bay. My boobs have got massive, started off as an a cup but definitely a c/d now, my hormones are going crazy, a work colleague hugged me the other day and I wanted to yelp in pain.

It makes me so sad to read about recurrent miscarriages, I don't think I could ever cope again, my own mc was the most heartbreaking personal experience of my life, I keep telling myself to remain positive and all these lovely symptoms will be bring me closer to my baby, I just have to get through each trimester.

Hi all :hi:

I'm just cautiously joining over. Based on my LMP, I'm close to 6Weeks, but I must be less than that as my cycle length is around 32-33 days. Will get it confirmed on my first scan on 21st.

This is our second pregnancy. With Ananya, the pregnancy ended sadly in 29 weeks due to severe IUGR, low-nil amniotic fluid and me getting pre-e. So, hoping and praying that we get our rainbow baby this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->