Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

5 weeks 4 days. Bloods last week went from 94-667 in 4 days. So great. Had sono today. Saw gest sac and yolk sac.. but Dr made a comment that the gest sac looks small. He then said everything looks great....but I'm freaking out about the small comment.

Did he give you a rough date for size of sac? I'd try not to let it worry you, I know it's easier said than done, especially for us MC mamas, but if he said everything looks great then I'm sure everything is great :flower: sometimes people, especially doctors or consultants are good at saying things without thinking. X x

I'm not really having any MS, which is very weird. I have a general 'yuck' feeling and don't necessarily want to eat. So far I've lost 6 lbs. but haven't been sick at all. Usually I suffer horribly with HG so I'm praying that stays well away.

We haven't really discussed having any extra testing done, given my 'advanced maternal age'. We wouldn't do anything to end the pregnancy if the results were less than optimal...the only benefit I see for us is having advanced knowledge to plan for extra care. Perhaps I need to ask more questions and do more research.

Let's talk cravings...
For the most part I'm not having constant cravings for 1-2 things in particular. They'll just sort of hit me out of the blue. A few nights ago it was apple juice...I HAD to have it, right then. The other day it was macaroni and cheese. And yesterday it was cake. Really I haven't liked sweets this pregnancy mainly hearty things. Even with the cake craving I couldn't finish the slice because of the sugar.

I'm not really having any MS, which is very weird. I have a general 'yuck' feeling and don't necessarily want to eat. So far I've lost 6 lbs. but haven't been sick at all. Usually I suffer horribly with HG so I'm praying that stays well away.

We haven't really discussed having any extra testing done, given my 'advanced maternal age'. We wouldn't do anything to end the pregnancy if the results were less than optimal...the only benefit I see for us is having advanced knowledge to plan for extra care. Perhaps I need to ask more questions and do more research.

Let's talk cravings...
For the most part I'm not having constant cravings for 1-2 things in particular. They'll just sort of hit me out of the blue. A few nights ago it was apple juice...I HAD to have it, right then. The other day it was macaroni and cheese. And yesterday it was cake. Really I haven't liked sweets this pregnancy mainly hearty things. Even with the cake craving I couldn't finish the slice because of the sugar.

I am 35 and also thinking of having extra testing done for peace of mind, but haven't decided for sure yet. I had my daughter nearly 3 years ago and didn't have any done then...

The risk of having a baby with Downs is 0.25 percent at 35, which is relatively small. Even at 40 the chance of having a healthy baby is 97% - which statistically is great :)

Let's talk cravings...

I wouldn't call mine MS yet, but I feel it's on the way. Fx your HG stays away! I hear it's truly awful.

Ah pregnancy cravings, with my daughter it was fish and chips. I'd wake in the night and just have to have it....no matter what time, I'd cry until OH went out, no wonder I gained 4 stone :dohh:

My son it was fruit and liquorice at any time, I lost 9lbs lol

No cravings here yet, but I'm sure they will come soon enough!

I'm only 24 so can't comment on maternal age, but what I can tell you is my mum has us (i say us, because I'm a twin!) at 38 with absolutely no complications what so ever, so I know it can happen! :flower:

I had general icky stomach most of today. Fx no one gets HG. As far as testing I wouldn't do anything regardless. I think I'll get an anatomy scan. If anything looks out of order I'll go from there. I plan on getting a private scan at 15-17 weeks and then booking my first visit to see my ob. And then setting up anatomy even for 20-21 weeks. Does anyone plan on finding out gender? I'm just blessed o be back on the saddle so im staying team yellow. I'm not good with surprises but it's just another blessing on what will be an amazing day.

Florida I was going to ask the same, but wasn't sure as we're all so early. I'll be staying team yellow as well. We love keeping it a surprise.

florida good for you for only eating 1 ice cream sandwich :thumbup: Rest does a lot for a weary heart. I hope that you had a nice night out with your OH. Praying for you as you head into testing week. We MMC one of our twins at 9.5 weeks and only knew about it through ultrasound at 12. You're not alone in those fears :hugs:

Glad you could join us Jami. Forgive me, when are you due again? Like the other ladies said I wouldn't let the doc's comment eat away at you, especially if they said everything looked good...you're still really early.

Hope time flies for you between now and Tues. Jojo and that everything turns out okay.

Hi Skeet :wave: My you've dealt with a lot. :hugs: We're very happy to have you join us here. I'm so glad that your LO is doing well and in the right spot.

Thank you! It really has been a lot and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified

Hey ladies! Hope your weekend went well!

It's funny that a few of you have mentioned your morning sickness coming on... Me too! And literally just yesterday and today! I'm definitely still able to eat, it's just certain things don't sound good to eat and I have an almost constant nauseous feeling. It started yesterday when I craved he cupcakes and ice cream (today I don't want them! Lol) then this morning I woke up nauseous and out of all of our breakfast items to choose from, I had to make myself a grilled cheese sandwich!

Then we get home tonight from a friends house and sure enough, all I wanted was a grilled cheese! :haha:

My mother called tonight with exciting news that my cousin Danielle, who has been TTC #1 for almost 1 year (and suffered a mc as well), was 12 weeks pregnant!! She hasn't announced yet do I can't say anything, by time sooo happy for her! I looked at DH and was like, can I tell her? He said "ya sure, go ahead" and I was like "well mom, surprise I'm pregnant too!" She was like what! I thought you were supposed to be on a break! I was like yea we were!! :haha:

I really hope this baby sticks as it would be so great to have a baby 6 weeks apart from my cousin!! And it was such a relief to tell my parents!

Of course my mom went into super mom worry mode.... "Don't lift the baby, rest, are you getting enough sleep? Put yourself on bed rest, are you eating enough? Stay relaxed, don't lift anything heavy" I was like yes mom!!

As for knowing gender- I could never be team yellow!! Omg I am so bad about not knowing and not being able to plan! I would want to know right away- which is the reason I would do the harmony testing... To find out the gender early!!

Talk to you all soon! :hugs:

I want to know the gender, as we have a house full of girl's stuff and if it's a boy then we will have to stock up on blue lol :). My daughter has a lot of pink.

I would do the harmony test for gender and peace of mind. I don't mind if it's a boy this time, but I would rather have a girl lol :). But as I have a girl already would be kind of cool to have one of each too. So happy either way...

I just woke up (5.30am!!) because this time of day I always feel sick. It's not terrible terrible but like i drank a glass of wine too many. I also keep wanting sth to eat but when I open the fridge nothing seems appealing. And I am totally off coffee and diet coke. Normally love them but diet coke only tasted good once (yest when we were out for lunch), whereas decaf coffee is like brown water lol. I still have it now and then as I always used to get a coffee on the way to work, but just not as enjoyable :)

Hi ladies! I'm hoping this is the pregnancy that will give us our long awaited for second child.

I've had two scans so far and have another on Wednesday as well as the NIPT testing. We will definitely find out the gender!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

I hope I didn't bother anyone with that question. I just try to speak things into existent. Love as if this baby is promised to me. I feel like once I see the baby at 20-21 weeks I'll want to know but I really want the surprise.

No Florida thank you for asking that and sparking conversations for our babies in the future! It keeps us positive and looking forward!! :hugs:

iv just been and booked my 1st midwife appt. 18th July at 9am.
Feeling particularly sick today, haven't been able to eat much and keep thinking of things that make me feel sick lol

I probably wont find out the gender this time round, as I have a feeling it will probably be our last baby - but we will see! x x

Sweetkat I switched to caffeine free diet coke and it's just not the same! At least I can still handle my decaf tea, I'd be lost without it. At what point do they offer the Harmony test?

Welcome Vankiwi :wave: When is your EDD and I'll happily add you to the front?!

Oh no florida, I wasn't bothered by it. I just meant I didn't want to get ahead of myself by asking...hopefully I didn't speak out of turn. I love and appreciate your positive attitude :hugs:

lucy yay for feeling sick! Sorry nothing sounds good to eat though. How are you feeling about your appt. being a ways out?

Bselck is it this week that you were going on a trip?

Hi can I join??

I had a miscarriage last month at 6 weeks, no period since and I'm now 4weeks 1day pregnant due 19th Feb?

We'd love to have you glong :hi:
Very sorry for your loss. We caught straight away after our MC as well. :hugs:

Hey glong!!

Busy- yes! I leave for my trip tomorrow!! I'm nervous for the flight with my son without my husband, but I'm excited to be back home for a week and a half! Plus, when I get back, I will only have a week or less before my first scan! :happydance:

Sending positive thoughts that your little guy will be well behaved for the flight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->