Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

How are you doing Florida? Have you been affected by the hurricane?

Hi ladies, hope you're all doing great :flower:

DS1 goes back to school starting Year 1 on Wednesday :cry: I've loved having him home for the summer holidays, so not looking forward to waving him off. Ugh, and homework journals start too :wacko:

We met up with one of his school friends at a soft play yesterday. We've done several play dates together and I'm friends with the boy's mum, but this was the first time I'd seen her since my scan so I hadn't told her my news. She didn't notice (was quite surprised because my bump is noticeable haha! I did have a baggy top on though). Anyway, she was really happy for me. I said I was 18 weeks, and her response was that I should be careful because her friend lost a baby at 20 weeks!! :dohh: Of all the things to say!! I changed the subject quickly!

I've been getting Braxton Hicks the last few evenings. They're only mild so I'm not worried, I had these early ones even with DS1. This time I first felt it at 8-10 weeks, can't remember exactly. They're so mild I can't actually feel them in my abdomen, but it makes my lungs tight. I only realised with DS1 that it was BH when I was in 3rd tri and it started happening at regular intervals like contractions do. Anyone else getting BH yet?

Jami it seems far bit I'm so busy with school, the kudos school, and now this storm it's coming really fast.

Lucy and jojo thank you for checking on us. It touched down a county or two north so we got mostly high winds and flooding. The back of our house flooded slightly as the back is built lower than the front. Porch flooded but not too bad. No real damage except to the back floor boards. The back is tile so it held up pretty well. Lots of down trees, power outages. 1 county over people's homes are halfway underwater. Such a sad state but I've heard of no lives lost so very grateful. Glad you are starting to buy a few things. When but in spurts. Have started buying diapers.

Everything she probably didn't even realized what she said. Some people are just kind of clueless when it comes to these things.

I have a dilemma ladies. Dh and I were supposed to go on a baby moon 9/22-9/27 as he has to find someone to switch 4 days off. He now says it'll be more convenient 9/15--9/20 because he'll off have to switch 2 days off and it will for his job. I just know I won't be able to relax taking a trip prior to it anatomy scan you know? They do the scan and tell you everything that day. I also have to pass an important test this coming Thursday on school to be able to go. I feel like he's outing a lot of pressure on me(he's really not) but it feels that way. We won't be booking into friday so I'll know test wise and can ask about changing my appt as well. Should I just move my appt up a week?(well try to) I just know my nerves will make it impossible for me to relax.

Florida in so glad you all ok and only small damage! Altho I'm sure it's still a pain! If you don't feel comfortable going away before your scan, I'd try and change it and if you can't change it, don't force yourself!

Everything, some people are so insensitive! I have people at work constantly making comments! My consultant has told me to take it easy and to sit as much as possible! I had a manager say to me, oh your not one of those that can't do anything now your pregnant are you! She is a new manager and doesn't know about my past! It really annoyed me! I'm pretty sure I'm having Braxton hicks too! But I'm not sure! I'm not feeling pregnant atm so I'm stressing out! Xx

Thanks Jlou. We are grateful because other homes under water. I am not making any decisions until Thursday then we are going from there. I won't enjoy the trip otherwise.

Florida I'm glad your house isn't too badly damaged!

Everything what a thing for her to say!! :dohh:

Glad everyone else is still chugging along. We are having a lovely time on vacation, still have almost two weeks to go.

Hi Florida, so glad that you didn't face so much damage.

Everything, what a stupid thing to say by that lady :growlmad:

Hoping that everyone is doing good.

We have a happy news - our FISH reports from amino have come and thankfully no trisomies :happydance: I just can't express how happy I am... I couldn't stop crying out of happiness yesterday... so, that's one hurdle crossed successfully. I'm waiting for doctor's mail on my next appointment.

I'm SO happy for you SJ! That's fantastic news! Upwards and onward!

Hey ladies!

Sorry to have been MIA but we've finally gotten internet in our new house! My parents have been in town and we have had a ton of visitors already! My step daughters bday was last week and we have been unpacking and organizing like crazy!

Did a quick read through and I'm glad everyone is doing so well!

Talk to you all soon! :baby:

Ahh SanJan, so happy for you! Fingers crossed for your next appointment xx

SanJan I'm beyond thrilled for you, the relief must be incredible!

Here's to hoping we all get healthy happy babys in 2017!

Had my scan today, to check my cervix length!! 3 weeks ago it was 4.6mm and today it was 3.6mm! The Consultant said anything over 3mm is fine! I've got another scan in 3 weeks! Hopefully it doesn't change anymore xx

Jlou hoping it stays the same :hugs:. What will they do if it shortens? Can they give you a cerclage?

SanJan that's great news! :happydance:

Jlou, keeping everything crossed that there's no change before your next scan in 3 weeks xx

Jlou hoping it stays the same :hugs:. What will they do if it shortens? Can they give you a cerclage?

Yer they said that at my next scan of its shortened more they will do the stitch! I don't know if it's normal for your cervix to change so much in such a short space of time! X

Yer they said that at my next scan of its shortened more they will do the stitch! I don't know if it's normal for your cervix to change so much in such a short space of time! X

If you do have to have a cerclage I was reading some research recently that said there is one type of material they can use to do the stitch that is better than the other in terms of outcomes, infections etc. If you google you should be able to find the article. Let me know if you can't find it and I will have a look for you x

:hugs: Jlou. One of my friends had the same issue in a previous pregnancy. So in the next one she had a cerclage put in and was on bedrest for quite a while with her last pregnancy but her daughter started pre-k this year. I hope you don't need it and most times they can't figure out why. Hoping all turns out ok. Will you be assessed more frequently?

Hi JoJo I've had a look but couldn't find anything, it would be great if you could get the link for me!

Florida it's so nice to hear some of the positive outcomes!! There's so much negativity about! Im meant to have fortnightly scan but it's I've not got another scan for 3 weeks! I'm hoping it's ok and I don't need it! But I'll do anything to keep this baby safe!
Hope all you lovelies are feeling ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->