Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Hey Busy! Can you add my 20 week scan for September 22nd!!

For the ladies speaking of anterior placentas- I was told I have one this time around, so even though it'd my 2nd baby and I thought I would feel movement early on, I have just this last week felt nightly flutters.

As for the baby shower, my family does not believe in throwing a second shower for your second baby (which I totally disagree with because I don't want or need the girpfts but feel like it's a celebration of your new baby), so my girlfriends are looking into throwing a diaper party for me since we will have 2 kids in diapers now!

Doing well on the weight gain here... Just 2lbs so far but I started at 180lbs this time so I knew I wouldn't gain much. Just trying to eat small and often as I can still get nauseous every now and then and I don't want to lose weight.

Hope everyone is well!!

Morning ladies, I've never had a baby shower but I suspect a close friend of mine is going to organise one for me, I hate having attention on me and not a fan of gift lists but I do like the thought of everyone close to me getting together and getting excited about baby... And I love cake! 😁

I'm going to try and check my weight at work, I'm interested now to know how much I've actually put on 😕

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xxx

No baby shower for me either. It's not something my family tend to do. The presents arrive once the baby is born 😆

Am too scared to weigh myself. Will have to force myself eventually I guess. LOL.

Am feeling a few flutters but was hoping to feel more by now. Hope everything is ok. Am trying to resist getting a private scan before my 20 week scan on the 28th. My OH has unexpectedly lost his job this week so money is going to be tight from now on.

Jlou that's not their choice but for some reason people really think they should tell pregnant women what to do.

Jojo- sorry about dh's job. Hoping he finds something soon and you guys do ok. Do you have a Doppler? It's so hard at times to wait in between scans. Xx

Bselck- that's great on your weight gain and a diaper party sounds amazing. I had 3 under 3 years ago and I had one in pull ups(not for long lol) and 2 in diapers. So expensive!

Cupcake I hope you do get a chance to celebrate the little one! I think I'm the only person in Anerica who doesn't like cake lol. Not a sweet fan

Felt flutters yesterday. Lo doesn't like my bladder full and I got my first bladder shot last night lol. Raising a soccer player over here.

Busy my scan has been pushed up to the 15th so I'll have it before my trip.

Probably won't share until close to end of October and only because we'll start seeing family for the holiday season; otherwise I'd happily keep it quiet until LO's birth. That probably sounds really awful...

We won't be having a shower. I also don't like to be fussed over, but I do like the idea of celebrating each baby. A friend of mine held a 'sip and see' when her daughter was a few weeks old. I really like that idea. She just had some hors d'oeuvres set out and left a 4 hour window that you could stop by. It may help people feel not so obligated to bring a gift?

Bselck I've added your scan to the front :winkwink: A diaper party sounds grand!
The 22nd looks like an exciting scan day!!!

Happy 20 weeks cupcake! 1/2 way there :dance:

Jojo I'm sorry to hear that your OH lost his job :( Horrible timing (not that anytime is good). I hope that he is able to find replacement work very quickly.

florida glad you were able to get your appt. pushed up

Hope everyone is doing well!

TTC did I miss when your scan date was?

There are a few other ladies as well...sarra, glong??

I'm never really sure what to do about 'inactive' members...do I hunt for them? Has anyone heard from Izzy, lemsz, or skeet?

My scan date is Oct 27th bc they are doing a level 2 scan.

Opinions - is it okay to have a baby shower at 6 months? I just don't want to do it during or immediately after the holidays.

Updated TTC, thank you. I'm having a detailed scan as well due to being high risk and having complete previa. Do you think you schedule a private scan before then?
A shower at 6 months isn't the norm, but I could see why you would to avoid the hustle and bustle of an already packed holiday schedule. :)

Ttc I was going to as I think it's inconvenient to do it in December but with our history no one cares they just want to celebrate lol. Do what works for you.

Thank you Busy and Florida. We will be ok until my maternity leave starts if he can't find another job straightaway. Am trying not to stress and hope he finds something soon.

Have felt some movements today, I don't have a Doppler as thought it might stress me out more than reassure me if there are some days when I can't find a heart beat.

My scan date is Oct 27th bc they are doing a level 2 scan.

Opinions - is it okay to have a baby shower at 6 months? I just don't want to do it during or immediately after the holidays.
I say go for it!!

Thank you Busy and Florida. We will be ok until my maternity leave starts if he can't find another job straightaway. Am trying not to stress and hope he finds something soon.

Have felt some movements today, I don't have a Doppler as thought it might stress me out more than reassure me if there are some days when I can't find a heart beat.

That's how I feel about a doppler, I was getting concerned about movement and then felt 3 giant taps and then all quite again. we will just have to assume baby is still to small to feel regularly:hugs:

Im also very active, and baby is probably.moving during that time, however I also believe I have an anterior placenta (I did with my son) and that limits movements being felt.

AFM, iv been sick again, last night was horrendous, but I'm also starving. Like constantly.
Sheep breeding will begin soon, and il have to take a step back from that due to the risks of aborting diseases and it's also bloody freezing.cold up here in Derby!
Patiently waiting for my scan now! I want to buy a pushchair and other exciting things!!

Busy- thank you for updating my scan and I actually LOVE the idea of your friends "sip and see"! So cute and welcoming but gets all of the visiting done at once!

Jojo- so sorry about your husbands job! Praying he finds a new and better one soon!

TTC- with my son, I was only in town with family over the holidays so we had a baby shower at about 20 weeks as that was the only time I would see anyone! Not to freak you out or saying this will happen, but I needed up having my son at 23 weeks so it was blessing in disguise to have the shower so early! I say do what works for you and your family!!

I think it's fine having a baby shower at 6 months! Especially with the timing of the holidays etc.

I had a baby shower with DD but not sure if I'll have one with this one! Guess I'll see if my friends organise it :haha: I'd be happy to just go out for brunch or something too.

Jojo so sorry about you OHs job hoping he finds something soon!

Florida I'm so glad your getting your scan before you trip!

I say have the shower when never is best for you! Mufti end recently had her shower 2 weeks before her due date!

Lucy sorry your feeling sick,
I totally get the hungry all the time feeling at work I start to get really cranky at lunch times it's a running joke that I need to go on break first before I bite someone's head off.

I'm also really showing and everyone keep saying they reckon it's gonna be big 🙈 My other too weren't too big at 8lb5 and 7lb10, but my OH was 11lb praying this one doesn't take after his/her daddy!

Lucy sorry you haven't been feeling well. The thingsxwecfovtbroufh for these lo. Xx

Hi vankiwi! How are you and the littles?

Jlou- thank you! Wow you did have some babies on the larger side but if you weren't that large maybe baby will be in the middle? My friend had a whopper 11pns and he was a little early! He's still a big kid. Not hefty but tall and solid. He's in I think kindergarten now and is bigger than my 3rd grader!

I have been feeling movement the last couple of days. As I type this she is balling up or something in the center of my lower stomach. And she gives me flicks here and there. Typically if I'm in an uncomfortable position. Then I won't feel anything for the rest of the day. I saw a picture of myself the other day. Not happy with how I look at all! So silly but I feel like I look so wide :haha: joys of pregnancy.

Jojo so sorry about you OHs job hoping he finds something soon!

Florida I'm so glad your getting your scan before you trip!

I say have the shower when never is best for you! Mufti end recently had her shower 2 weeks before her due date!

Lucy sorry your feeling sick,
I totally get the hungry all the time feeling at work I start to get really cranky at lunch times it's a running joke that I need to go on break first before I bite someone's head off.

I'm also really showing and everyone keep saying they reckon it's gonna be big 🙈 My other too weren't too big at 8lb5 and 7lb10, but my OH was 11lb praying this one doesn't take after his/her daddy!

I totally relate! My DDs were 7lb2 and 8lb5 but DH and his brother were both 11+ pounders. Here's to hoping that since this is a little girl, she won't be huge!

I was a tiny 6lb2! My mum had all small babies! My mild smallest was 9lb and 4 weeks early! My OH is now tall and slim and the kids are taking after him! I'm praying this one is no bigger than 9lb! I've got to get him/her out lol!

TTC hopefully they will take after their mummy's haha! Xx

I had a 8lb 11 and an 8lb 9. Iv a feeling this one may well be a bit smaller :)

I feel huge today though! So bloated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->