Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Hi JoJo I've had a look but couldn't find anything, it would be great if you could get the link for me!

Florida it's so nice to hear some of the positive outcomes!! There's so much negativity about! Im meant to have fortnightly scan but it's I've not got another scan for 3 weeks! I'm hoping it's ok and I don't need it! But I'll do anything to keep this baby safe!
Hope all you lovelies are feeling ok!

Found it! https://www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/newssummary/news_3-8-2016-16-17-26

Hope it is helpful 😀

San Jan that is fantastic news!!! So happy for you :yipee:

Cupcake I hope the pelvic/groin pain has eased. You were missed while you were away on holiday. How was your time away?

Everything that was an awful thing of her to say, I'm sorry. I've also been getting BH. Hope they aren't too bothersome for you.

Florida I'm glad you guys weren't hit hard. Thinking of you as you come up on making a decision whether or not to go/change your appt., etc.

Vankiwi I'm glad your vacation is going well :)

Bselck I hope you're all settling in nicely

Jlou praying that your cervix doesn't shorten much more before your next appt. 3 weeks seems ages away :hugs: Are you prepared to go on bed rest should the need arise?

Sorry it's just a quick catch up ladies, I'm glad that so far everything seems to be going well for our sweet babies.

I updated the front pg with 20 wk scan dates for easy reference. Praying for healthy little munchkins all around! Let me know if I've got the wrong date down or if you'd like yours to be added.

JLou, That's still a good measure for cervical length - as long as it stays in this, you don't have to worry about it. I can give you some first hand info on cervical length - Mine is little lower than yours, around 2.8-3.0. I have started on weekly progesterone injections which will help in maintaining and improving cervical length when it's in the border. So, if it does decrease closer to 3, you can ask your mw for the same. Also, as long as they don't see funneling it's good. But, 3 weeks does seems like a long period to check for this. I have started on the injections and being monitored weekly to see how it progresses with the same. So, if you can try and get the appointment a bit earlier that would be good. Because, if the need for cerclage arises, its better to get it done earlier.

As for me, I had a cervical length assessment today and it's staying the same with the weekly injections. Have another one on next Tuesday. Got a scan appointment for anomaly scan on 22 September :happydance:

I don't know why I thought having to wear scrubs to work would be fabulous with a big belly. its the opposite. they have become my worst nightmare. no stretching and so restricting. the tops are ok, but the pants are torture. gonna have to break down and buy maternity clothes this weekend. and some new underwear. all mine are too small. I have only gained 6 lbs but id swear it was more than that how bloated I am.

Glad the injections are working for you SanJan

Sorry your uncomfortable Jami. I hated scrub tops while pregnant due to their stiffness. Hope you can find some comfy tops and bottoms that don't break the bank.

How is everyone's weight gain going?

Jami 6 lbs seems great at this point.
I'm still at about a 10lb. loss, I put most of my weight on in 3rd tri.

JLou, That's still a good measure for cervical length - as long as it stays in this, you don't have to worry about it. I can give you some first hand info on cervical length - Mine is little lower than yours, around 2.8-3.0. I have started on weekly progesterone injections which will help in maintaining and improving cervical length when it's in the border. So, if it does decrease closer to 3, you can ask your mw for the same. Also, as long as they don't see funneling it's good. But, 3 weeks does seems like a long period to check for this. I have started on the injections and being monitored weekly to see how it progresses with the same. So, if you can try and get the appointment a bit earlier that would be good. Because, if the need for cerclage arises, its better to get it done earlier.

As for me, I had a cervical length assessment today and it's staying the same with the weekly injections. Have another one on next Tuesday. Got a scan appointment for anomaly scan on 22 September :happydance:

Thank you SanJan I thought it was abit far away! I'm going to ring my midwife and speak to her! I'm on the progesterone pessaries and it's got shorter since so maybe the injections would be better! Il see what they say! Glad all is staying well with you! Xx

I've put on 10lbs I'm a stone heavier thank i am normally after spending the year eating my feeling! I've started feeling nauseous, so I'm having to eat little and often! I'm also feeling so emotional, feel really lonely! 😔 Xx

What's the likely hood that I have an anterior placenta that just wasn't mentioned at the 12 week scan? - Im still feeling very little movement, and it's usually only on my left hip or when lying on my left side....some days I feel lots and others nothing at all. It starting to bother me quite a lot actually :(

Im up 5lbs since 10 week booking. So about 10lb in total. I'm off food again now though!! - Especially evening meals yuck!!

We announced to Facebook aswel haha. So now everyone knows!

So I just went to the toilet and have a yellow mucus discharge about the size of a penny! Should I be worried or is this normal! It was also about an hour after using my cyclogest pessary! Everything is a worry and I'm driving my self nuts! X

So I just went to the toilet and have a yellow mucus discharge about the size of a penny! Should I be worried or is this normal! It was also about an hour after using my cyclogest pessary! Everything is a worry and I'm driving my self nuts! X
Hi Jlou, sorry, don't know the answer to this but hopefully one of the other ladies will be able to help you x

Sanjaun lovely news, so happy for you.

Jlou I'm sure the discharge is ok, just keep a close eye on it, any further changes don't hesitate to call the hospital.

Lucy does your scan report mention placenta location? It's also taken a long time for me to feel movements, my placenta is posterior so I did have some worries.

I'm still having pain but I'm getting used to it, my pelvic floor must have no muscle tone as it feels that baby might fall out sometimes, I get this horrible dragging feeling, it feels so weird, have no idea what baby is upto in there!

I've started to feel more movements now, even dh felt some, they are still very gentle but I'm noticing a pattern which is nice.

I'm also a scrub wearer, I've gone up a size, hoping it stays that way! I've not weighed myself, too scared to see the numbers 😆

I had a lovely holiday busy, thanks for asking x

Lucy j found out from a private scan. It's not a bad thing so they don't even tell you most times unless you ask.

I've gained about 6-7lbs and I'll be 19 weeks. Hoping to stay here until late 3rd tri then gain a little more.

Jlou sorry you are feeling lonely and worried about things. Maybe give a ring and ask if the discharge sounds ok?

Cupcake that's fantastic that your DH has been able to feel some movements. Our LO is cheeky and quiets whenever DH tries to feel. :haha:

Lucy it's really only been in the last 1.5 weeks that I've had strong, regular movements. Hopefully you'll be feeling baby much better really soon. Wonderful news that you've announced!!

We've still kept things quiet. Anyone else doing the same? Or have announcements they're willing to share

Felt the baby a lot today, still only on left hip and occasionally just above public bone. No mention of placenta at all on scan report!

As for mucus, since my BFP if had great goblets of snot type mucus (sorry for the Tmi!) - mw says it's normal, aslong as it's yellow and doesn't smell (ugh again sorry Tmi!) as then it could be a UTI causing it

Hope everyone is well :)

Thank ladies it is Yellow and doesn't smell and is normally after a BM! Sorry for TMI! X

Jlou I get was now than before and it'll freak me out at times because I think it's blood:/. But mw says its normal normal as long as no odor. I believe it's helping to build the plug.

Busy when do you think you'll tell? The whole world knows now for us. It's good and bad. I miss the intimate times of just us. The quick belly rubs when no ones looking.

Forgive me for this mini rant:
I didn't want a baby shower as I hate being the center of attention or having people purchase things maybe they don't even have money for. My family and dh's(this is his first biological child though he's always claimed our 3 and is adopting my oldest) are basically saying nope you're doing it. Our church family is also really excited for us but I just want to relax. Baby shower is 6 days before my classes are finally over and it's right before Christmas. I feel like we can handle plus we have been so blessed to have I many people give us things(cribs, bassinets, a ladies is getting me a great deal on diapers weekly). Is it just me? Is anyone having a shower? With dh's family they are starting to rub my belly(I hate to be touched, my mother wasn't very affectionate so it's weird when women touch me and I don't like men touching me much either lol) and I feel like a walking incubator to them. Geez I sound ungrateful. I just know how it feels I have right funds yet feel obligated to bring what you can't afford. I mentioned that and they said you DO NOT come to a baby shower empty handed. I said you can come to MINE as its to celebrate that she's going to be here when we never thought she would after 6 mc. Ugh I'm moving away from family as soon as dh finished his classes lol

I rung my midwife and she said as long as no odour or any blood them it's fine! I didn't have anymore either! I'm feeling baby a lot after eating! Clearly likes good like his/her mum 😂😂
Ahh Florida I didn't have a baby shower for wither or my two children and this time everyone is saying I should have one! I too hate being centre of attention and am just grateful I'm having a baby!

Also people telling me that I should find out what I'm having! I do t tell people who do find out that they shouldn't so I don't understand why they feel the need! Rant over haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->