Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Back from scan feeling terrible. Baby looks good according to md but she is measuring a little small. He thinks it's because dh and I are short people (5'2 &5'3) but I feel so terrible right now. I'm really scared.

don't worry florida, im 5'3 and dh is 5'6 and we have tiny babies too. son was 7.5lbs and short, my little girl was 6lbs and super teeny tiny. we called her chicken legs cause she was just boney lol. dr says its cause dh and I are small. my kids are still shorter than kids their age, and kids younger than them, but its ok. they are super healthy. good thing my son likes soccer and is good at it...cause I cant break it to him he'll probably never be a basketball player :haha:

ill also add, both were full term, son was 39 weeks induced, and daughter was 38 weeks all natural. I also gained about 40 lbs with each of them so it wasn't because of low weight gain on my part

Thank you Jami. They didn't check weight but her head measurement was about a week behind legs were 17+2-4 in length but as I said we are really short people and the head want his worry I don't think. We are going back in 4 weeks. Thank you for that I do feel a little better. Also my littles were 5,6,and 7 lbs. all short and my youngest is still one of the smallest in his class.

I think the head being off a week or two isn't a big deal. she could just be slowing down a little bit on growing since shell more than likely be tiny when shes born. the legs being short...well that's all height affecting so its not surprising that if any part of her would be small itd be her legs. I bet you go back next time and shes all caught up. plus the dr's measurements aren't always 100% accurate so shes probably fine.

I have my scan next Thursday and I wont be surprised if mine is measuring short too. ill definitely let you know!!!!!!!

Florida my son measured small too but he was fine! As long as baby keeps growing she will be good!

Florida, like the others say if baby measures slightly small it's more than likely because of you and dh height, I'm sure everything is fine.

Busy, any news on your scan?x

Thanks all. Yes I'm waiting to hear from Busy as well. Hoping her scan went wellxx. Going to check her journal.

Ahh Florida so sorry you are worried! I was told the whole way through with my son that he was going to be big 10lb but he was 8lb5 and my daughter they told me she was small then done growth scans and she was growing but still on the small side but she was 7lb10! She was a short baby where my son was really long! I know it's hard but try not to worry!
Hope the next 4 weeks hurry up so you can go get your mind put at ease 😘 Xx

No checked her thread. Nothing on there either. She's probably busy with her littles.

I'm so glad I have a dr appt tomorrow. I'm panicking today about my LO's well-being for no apparent reason.

Still really down about the appt but feeling baby move about in there makes me so happy, both kids got to feel baby move this evening, lovely sharing moments like these with them.

Bselck it's 11lbs! I think that's ok.. But slightly worried as I only ever gained 2 stone (28lb) throughout my previous pregnancies, hopefully my weight gain is now settling as I'm less nauseous nowadays and less inclined to stuff my face with carbs!😁

Cupcake- I've just started feeling movement this week and my oldest step daughter got to feel the first kick out of everyone else in the fam! It was definitely very special :)

And I think you are right on track with your weight gain especially with the 28lb average of your previous pregnancies!

Anyone else getting really hungry sometimes and not hungry at all at others?

USA- right now I am in a full on eat phase! Way more hungry than normal!

Back from scan feeling terrible. Baby looks good according to md but she is measuring a little small. He thinks it's because dh and I are short people (5'2 &5'3) but I feel so terrible right now. I'm really scared.

Florida- don't be scared! If the doctors were worried they would have told you! Was the baby measuring behind at any previous scans? Also they're harder to measure accurately the bigger they get right!? You got this girl! Stay positive for your baby and send good vibes :)

Cupcake - lovely scan picture and glad everything is ok with your baby. Sorry the sonographer made you unhappy at what should've been a lovely moment :hugs:

Florida - try not to worry. Genetics has a lot more to do with your baby's expected growth than any chart. It's great that they will scan you again in 4 weeks because they are monitoring it just to make sure there isn't a problem... it's highly likely baby is just on the small side due to you / OH height :hugs:

Ttc :hugs: I know it's an oxymoron after my day yesterday but try not to worry hon. Glad you're seeing your doc tomorrow.

Bselck- can't wait until we can feel her on the outside. That sounds amazing! Thank you. I feel better today. She was measuring perfectly or a day ahead plus their machine takes horrid pictures. Ill upload to show you what mean. But that was when they only dod crown to rump. Thank you I've prayed and now I feel better.

Everything- :hugs: thank you. I believe so I mean dh and I are tiny lol. When I'm not pregnant I'm 145 and 5'2 and my dh's dad, my sister, and grandmother are all 4'11 and below :haha:.

Had a good wobble last night. Cried my eyes out and then had a deep talk with the Lord. I feel better and will just be following up in 4 weeks. My biggest issue is the dr walked in and said she's a little small but looks perfect any questions? And then left. Less than 60seconds and of course I never had any chance to even consider my questions. Then after calling back twice, I called straight through to the nurse and they sent me right back to vm. I have had so many financial and issues with the front desk. The dr and midwifes all seem nice but it feels like the Walmart express line. Today I am 20 weeks! So glad to be halfway to holding our precious Zuri.

Ahh Florida, happy 20 weeks
I know it's hard and it's so easy to say and not at all easy to do, but try and not worry. They said by looked perfect which was good! All good things come in small packages! (((Hugs)))

Everything ok busy?

TTC I totally get where your coming from! I've been feeling baby move more and more and today I've not felt much! I e probs been to occupied but I started to panic! Managed to find hb on the Doppler which helped and I've felt a few
Kicks this evening! Try and stay positive for yourself and baby ☺️

Thanks ladies. Had my appt today and all is well. Hope all is well with busy.

Glad all was ok at your appt, TTC.

Busy, I hope you are ok and that everything went well at your scan :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back