Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Ok, I think I can cope with that. Haha. I'm doing the two hour one.

Yer I had the two hour and passed last time but I had GD in my first pregnancy! So they check all the time! Ahh good luck at your appt vankiwi x

No,iv never had a doppler check with a consultant so I don't believe.its routine up here unfortunately.

I bloody hate the gtt because I can't sit still, they may aswel chain you up, not allowed out of sight of reception. I walk about 7 miles a day and would never ever ever consume that amount of sugar at one sitting and then not be active afterwards, so for me it seems silly because it's not going to be giving a true reading, I will likely fail and end up taking bloods for 20 weeks only to stay diet controlled because I haven't really got it.

Sorry another rant there, it just seems a waste of mine and they're time but I don't want to argue the toss haha

Thanks Jlou! She asked if I wanted to do the 1hr test and I said yes of course! Woohoo! Heartrate was 148 and I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead already - I'm thinking long legs are to blame again, DD's femurs were off the charts :haha:

Ahh lovely I'm hoping I go choose the one hour option!! Ahh lovely I've had long babies my other half is very tall!
I've woke up this morning feeling so poorly, sore throat,
Headache and sniffles, I've got friends round for lunch too 😭

Has anyone heard from Busy?

I'm still not feeling much movement and it's getting me down. I can't help but worry something is wrong. I've been getting more cramps too and feel like my period is coming on

Hello ladies.

Florida, cute baby bump.

JoJo glad your scan went well and congrats on your little girl:cloud9:

Lucy good luck with your GTT- I declined mine as the only risk factor I had was my grandmother who had type 2 diabetes and got it with old age, they did test my hba1c at booking and that was nice and low, if it was high I would have happily got the gtt.

Jlou and SanjaunI hope your scans goes well.

Jami don't worry about this 'friend' you really don't need her in your life.

USAFwife, I only started feeling proper movements from 20 weeks, I was so worried, even now baby has started moving I’m worried about everything, just trying to reach milestones now.. Now waiting for 24 weeks!

I'm so anxious at the moment :nope: hate feeling this way, not sleeping well and just generally in a 'mood', I hate it, it’s so unlike me.

I’m on annual leave at the moment so I’m trying to chill and to cheer myself up I was slightly impulsive and bought my pushchair today... I really shouldn’t be allowed to buy baby stuff without adult supervision :haha: went over my budget :dohh:

Busy... Where are you? please message anyone of us to update, so worried about you xxx

I'm starting to feel a fair bit of movement, but again only in one place and still not strong, but I'm happy that it's baby and it's sort of reassuring :)

I'm exhausted today though, needing lots of sleep! Also feel as if I have a cold coming, which is the last thing I need!!!

Am checking in regularly to the thread to find out if Busy is ok too. Busy - please let us know if you are ok, even if it is just a quick message xx

Ladies I'm feeling like I've got flu and my stomach is really sore! I don't know if I'm worrying and it's just a flu symptom or if it's baby! I've not felt much movement since this afternoon but I've been asleep a lot! Would you go and get checked over or just sleep it off! Xx

Ladies I'm feeling like I've got flu and my stomach is really sore! I don't know if I'm worrying and it's just a flu symptom or if it's baby! I've not felt much movement since this afternoon but I've been asleep a lot! Would you go and get checked over or just sleep it off! Xx

I'd probably sleep it off if I were you hun, depends tho onhow I'll you really feel, have you got a temperature? X

Hi ladies
Very, very sorry to have caused so much worry. Life has thrown a few curve balls, some of them not so kind and I have been busy dealing with things. I'm going to play catch up and may update in next post or later depending on how long my LO naps.

Catching up:

Congrats on joining team :pink: Everything! That's very exciting news :) Love the scan pics! FX'd that placenta moves up as your little girl grows.

Jami I'm sorry that your OH is still having a hard time with gender disappointment. Praying once baby arrives it will be a completely different story. Sorry about your 'friend'. I've learned some people aren't good to be around because all they do is drag you down with them. I wouldn't feel bad at all about slowly cutting ties, visits, etc. with her.

Jlou the pessaries are a right mess aren't they? I hope that they'd be open to offering you shots. Hope that you start feeling better quickly. I would probably just sleep things off unless you start running a high temp that won't come down with meds or aren't able to keep anything down for over 24 hours. You poor dear.

Lovely name TTC. I hope you don't mind I've added it to the front page.

Florida I love how her name reflects your heritages <3 I feel the same about this thread. I really worried at first as I've taken over some due date threads before only to watch the ladies go on without me. I am beyond thankful that we've been able to share a lot of good news with one another. I hope that you are feeling more at ease about baby being on the smaller side and that you've enjoyed being away on your babymoon! Oh and AH! that bump! Gorgeous!!

Cupcake I'm very sorry that the sonographer rushed through. It's really sad when you've looked forward to seeing your LO for so long and they don't sense the heaviness of the situation. :hugs: Glad all was well with your LO. That is a sweet little profile pic, I'm glad you've got 1 decent 1 at least. I don't think your weight gain is bad at all. I don't blame you for cheering yourself and making a baby buy, I'd be off doing the same if I could :) Is there a stock pic you could share with us of what you ended up with? I hope you're able to enjoy the rest of your leave.

Bselck happy half way mark! 20 weeks :dance:

Jojo yay for more little :pink: bundles!! So glad all was well! She's going to have your OH wrapped around her little finger, so cute. Glad you were able to get some answers about why you're not feeling movements as well.

SanJan I'm so thankful the progesterone shots are doing the trick for you. We've not shared yet either. FX'd for a fantastic scan for you tomorrow. I'm glad that they were able to move it up. Amazing news that all was perfect with amnio :yipee:

Vankiwi I hope you're not utterly shattered and you're internal clock is regulating. I missed wishing you a Happy V-day! Not much longer and you'll hit double digits :wohoo: Glad all was well at your appt. and that you'll get by with doing the 1 hour gtt.

Lucy I'm so sorry that they didn't do a doppler check. :hugs: So glad you've been able to feel movements, but can understand the worry lingering. Hope they get stronger and more reassuring. Good luck to you Fri (GTT). Whoever was spreading around rumors of 2nd tri energy increase is a horrible person. I'm still exhausted as well. I do hope it's not turning into a cold for you.

USAF have you called in to see if they would like to see you and check on your little guy? Praying everything is alright.

I'm sure I've missed someone if I did, just know it's not intentional.

Busy so good to hear from you! Hope everything is sorting itself out!

I've got a temp but it's going down my only worry is I've got pain in my back and tummy but I've got pain everywhere xx

Again I apologize for causing so much worry and I want to add that I'm really overwhelmed by all the concern and well wishes. I'm really thankful for each of you :hugs: <3 :hugs:

Unfortunately our scan experience was similar to cupcake's and really rushed. It was to be a detailed scan lasting an hour long and she took all of 20 minutes. To be fair LO was moving around a great deal, but I felt like she didn't even try very hard. In the end she didn't even end up getting all the pictures she needed. Which I suppose is fine since I'm scheduled for more scans in the future due to having complete previa. It's just concerning as the pictures she needed were of LO's heart. I saw my OB afterwards...well almost missed him actually. I waited nearly 2 hours to be told that he was at the hospital. Once I consented to be seen by the nurse practitioner he walked through the door. Talk about timing. Sadly we won't find out the detailed results of the scan until our next appt. but as far as I know baby looks pretty good and weighed in at 13 oz. :) Still team :yellow:!!! My OB seemed happy with the preliminary results so I'll go with that. Here's one of my scan pics.
IMG_3653bnb.jpg

Weight wise I gained a little, but am still at nearly an 8 lbs. loss for the pregnancy. But the big thing is I'm measuring 6 weeks ahead!! No seriously!! I am huge, feel huge, and OB confirmed. No wonder I've been extremely uncomfortable already. Wowza :shock: He said I'm carrying pretty high and baby is all out in front. I have a short torso so there is just nowhere for my LO to go.

Anyone else feeling ginormous already and have to seriously have a chat with oneself before bending down to get things?

Jlou if it's really flu those muscle aches make sense and wouldn't be worrisome. If you're dehydrated that could worsen things as well. Drink loads and loads of fluids, if you can and rest, rest, rest. Wishing you back to health!!

So good to hear from you Busy!! Glad all is ok! Six weeks ahead on dates? Wow!!

So good to hear from you Busy!! Glad all is ok! Six weeks ahead on dates? Wow!!

No hun, I think baby is measuring right on. When he checked fundal height I was 6 weeks ahead, so I'm measuring big, but LO is bang on.

Glad all is well with you and lo! Hope everything else is ok or getting better:hugs:

Is anyone having lightening crotch? I've gotten it maybe 3 different days over the last week. Not very fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->