Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

It's great to hear from you, busy!

Busy, great to hear from you! I'm so happy all is well with you and your LO, and that's a lovely scan pic :cloud9: Sorry your scan was a bit rushed. My 20 week scan was also only 15/20 mins long, but baby laid in a lovely position and the sonographer got everything she needed without any problems.

Jlou, hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Florida, I'm not sure I've ever had lightning crotch. Doesn't sound very pleasant! I looked it up because I wasn't sure what it was, and had to giggle that one website felt the need to explain that it wasn't actually caused by lightning! :lol:

Glad to hear from you Busy!!

I've been just catching up today as my parents were in town since Thursday and just left this morning. It is always so nice to have them here because I get the behest break and help with my son! I feel like a normal human being when their here! My dad will watch my son and my mom and I will go shopping and it's just good to get out kid free once in a while!

So glad everyone's scans are going well! It's funny this is mostly a team pink thread because my other thread I'm a part of is all team blue except one!!

Can't wait for my scan on the 22nd!! Talk to you all soon!

So lovely to hear from you busy, lovely scan pic, I won't lie I was getting really worried about you and baby!

I've reached the halfway point ladies!! 20 weeks today 😀

Happy halfway anniversary Jojo! :flower:

Good luck for your scan today SanJan :thumbup:

I'm 21 weeks today. I weighed myself, I'm 9 stone 3 so I've gained about 12lbs x

I got a bugaboo bee, was not planning to purchase anything big before 24 weeks but it was just a good deal, and I fell in love :haha: Im not collecting it till december.

My mum has also bought me a troll bedside crib which she is keeping for me. Thats all I have for baby, I could go crazy but will pace myself:winkwink:

Attachments

• xb-236_3z.jpg
    xb-236_3z.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
That's great cupcake! I can totally relate. I found an Arm's Reach co-sleeper for a great price over the weekend and bought it.

I haven't gained any weight, but they are hoping my weight gain stays at 15 pounds or less because I'm already overweight.

Happy 20 weeks Jojo :happydance: I'll be there tomorrow :)

So great to hear from you busy. Too bad to hear about the u/s tech though.

As for me, got a good news an bad news.

Good news first, baby is doing fab. The blood flow is good, posterior high placenta, adequate fluid around the baby and the baby weighs 315g(11.1Oz) which as per their chart is bang on for my dates :yipee:

Coming to the bad news, my cervical length is reducing again :cry:
It has gone down to 2.3cm, so, going for a cerclage on Monday. I'm just hoping that all goes smooth and we don't get into any more complications.

And yeah, the Dr who did the U/S for us was really good and explained everything to us and we also got a couple of 3D shots :happydance:

Attachments

• JANAKI'S BABY MTAS_8.jpg
    JANAKI'S BABY MTAS_8.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 5
  • JANAKI'S BABY MTAS_28.jpg
    JANAKI'S BABY MTAS_28.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 5
Lovely photos Sanjaun, so glad baby is doing well.

I'm praying the stitch does the trick, I've seen it work wonders but it's obviously a scary time for you x

Usa- it's not terrible but it definitely gets my attention.
Everything the name is a great conversation starter :haha: I told dh I had lightening crotch and his face was priceless. Happy 21 weeks! That's good weight gain.
Jojo- happy halfway point! 20 weeks we are getting there!
Bselck and Jami- good luck on scans this week and anyone else that I forgot

Cupcake- love that!!! I bought our stroller/car seat combo as it was a good deal. Thinking of getting a swing as someone had a nice used one for $30 but can't remember if babies if use them a lot?
Ttc- I started over weight. I was over weight when I was 145 at the beginning of the year(insert eye roll) at 5'2. I was 2lbs from looking sick as I'm quite hippy due to my heritage(basically I've got a big butt no matter how small I am). At start of pregnancy I was 166 now 180-82 fluctuating. So about 14lbs for me. But I'll gain 2-3 lbs then not gain for weeks. Actually can me back from vacation lower weight but I ate a lot.

Busy I'm so glad all is well with baby and you, lovely scan pic!
Happy half way jojo!
Oh Sanjan do glad all is well with baby! Beautiful scan picture!
Fingers crossed the cerclage will do the trick! Rest and feet up!

I'm still feeling mega ill, hot and cold flushes, pounding headache, Vomiting, aches and pains everywhere! Felt baby abit this morning but haven't felt much since! But I've been in and out of sleep! 3 days til my scan 😁

good morning girls :coffee:

had the most horrific long lasting leg cramp last night!!!! ouch.... first one of this pregnancy. hubby tried to help and even said "well looks like this one is gonna make it" since I always get them towards the end of pregnancy.

big scan tomorrow at 8am!!! so super excited!!! even though I know its a girl...theres still a small chance of them being wrong...right??? oh well not getting hopes up for hubbys sake just hoping all is healthy and well.

started feeling sick in the evenings again. blech...wth??? I thought I was over this. even puked Monday :sick:

Oh Jami I feel you pain! I've been suffering from leg cramps for he last few weeks, it was so bad one time I was actually limping at work 😩 Not great when I'm on my feet all day.

I still have periods of nausea and vomiting, lovely increased saliva 😷 But it seems to have got better the last few days.

Hope you start feeling better jlou x

Happy 20 weeks Jojo :happydance: I'll be there tomorrow :)

So great to hear from you busy. Too bad to hear about the u/s tech though.

As for me, got a good news an bad news.

Good news first, baby is doing fab. The blood flow is good, posterior high placenta, adequate fluid around the baby and the baby weighs 315g(11.1Oz) which as per their chart is bang on for my dates :yipee:

Coming to the bad news, my cervical length is reducing again :cry:
It has gone down to 2.3cm, so, going for a cerclage on Monday. I'm just hoping that all goes smooth and we don't get into any more complications.

And yeah, the Dr who did the U/S for us was really good and explained everything to us and we also got a couple of 3D shots :happydance:
Happy 20 weeks for tomorrow!

Glad baby is doing well. Love the 3D shot!

Sorry that you are having to have a cerclage. Hopefully this will do the trick though xx

Florida - I used a swing with my DS and it was a lifesaver. There were some times when he was inconsolable after jabs etc and it always calmed him down. Would definitely recommend if you can afford it!

Busy I'm so glad all is well with baby and you, lovely scan pic!
Happy half way jojo!
Oh Sanjan do glad all is well with baby! Beautiful scan picture!
Fingers crossed the cerclage will do the trick! Rest and feet up!

I'm still feeling mega ill, hot and cold flushes, pounding headache, Vomiting, aches and pains everywhere! Felt baby abit this morning but haven't felt much since! But I've been in and out of sleep! 3 days til my scan 😁
Hope you are feeling better soon. Make sure you get lots of rest xx

I had a swing with my dd and it was awesome. it swung side to side. I had a very acidy reflux baby with my ds and he cried all the time. I wish I knew of this swing with him. so I got it for my dd and she would sleep in it sometimes and even just chill in it for hours without crying. I highly recommend one.

I don't have excess saliva anymore...but I do have this horrible taste in my mouth. its almost worse than the all day nausea from first tri. it goes away when I eat but comes back almost immediately after I stop eating. makes everything taste off. its terrible

Good luck for your scans Jami and Bselck! :flower:

SanJan, lovely scan pics. My mum had a cerclage with at least one of us (me and my 2 brothers) and we were all born healthy weights at 38 weeks. I hope it does the trick for you :hugs:

Jami, I've been getting leg cramps in the mornings when I wake too. Same as you, it was so severe one morning that I was limping for most of the day - that was Sunday, and I put it down to having worn high heels the evening before at a wedding. I feel your pain and hope none of us have to put up with them for too long.

Bselck, how lovely that you got a bit of a break while your parents were visiting! Sounds perfect :thumbup:

Cupcake, those purchases sound great. I've bought a cotbed from a friend because ours was broken. I don't really need much else because we have lots from our DS2. I just need girly clothes but I'm waiting until I've had another scan at 28 weeks so I can get them to double check we're definitely having a girl!

Jami! Scan day for us tomorrow!! Woo hoo!!

SanJan- love your scan pics!! So adorable! Glad they're getting you a cerclage right away! And I can't remember- we're you the one taking the progesterone supplements already or will they give you the weekly shots?

Luckily I've never experienced the leg cramps but my hips have been sore and I've realized in the past few days it's from my damn snoogle maternity pillow!! Every time I put a pillow in between my legs, I wake up with sore hips and strained upper butt muscles lol

Cupcake- that bugaboo stroller looks so cute!! I love it! I'm actually asking for a double stroller for Christmas from my parents :)

I will update after my scan tomorrow! My cervix was 4.77cm at my last appointment 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping that hasn't gone down at all either.

Healthy wishes to everyone!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->