Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Hi ladies, had my scan today and everything is perfect with baby. They took about an hour checking everything over and no problems at all. So relieved. And we are definitely having a girl. Next scan is in early January at 36 weeks! Have attached a couple of pics, including a cute one of baby waving at camera :haha:

https://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q733/jodavies34/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/2016-07/1FCB8E8E-A29E-41AF-8FEF-7E1B8DF52BD3_zpsznlet8xz.jpg

https://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q733/jodavies34/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/2016-07/F616D41C-792D-4C8D-B97A-17CE39389002_zpsfmtdjytj.jpg

Jojo, yeeah great news! And lovely scan pics :cloud9:

Jlou, my nipples are a little cracked and I noticed the other day *tmi lol!* they were a little crusty! :blush: I think it's a little milk coming through and drying up in there. Also, I was with my friend and her 7 month old baby a few days back and I had definite let-down feeling in my breasts. It took me aback because I don't remember having this anywhere near as early with other pregnancies. My friend said it can happen when you see newborns, so maybe her 7 month old set me off! :haha:

Jami, cute bump pic.

Ahh jojo fantastic scan pics so glad your princess is doing so well!

Ahh everything that's interesting I have seen my friend and her 3 week old baby a lot this last week so that's could be doing it! I'm feeling really uncomfortable today my bum feels bruised and I can feel a lot of pressure it's making me worry a little! Don't know if I'm constipated or if baby's laying funny! Xx

Ahh Jami what a lovely bump 😍 Yer I'm so much happier it's cooler here too!
I'm so glad it's not just me! Must'nt grumble xx

Wow Jojo your scan pics are great!!! Mine are kinda crappy. This is from my scan last week.

Attachments

• 20160922_144324-1.jpg
    20160922_144324-1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 6
Wow Jojo your scan pics are great!!! Mine are kinda crappy. This is from my scan last week.
Your picture is good too! At the hospital I go to they don't do print outs of the photos, you have to take a photo of the screen, which feels a bit wierd! I noticed that we now have the same due date - Feb 8th 😀

yes I actually am happy that's my due date now. my bday is 3/8/88, my daughters is 4/8, my sons is 8/18....so its only fitting we have another 8 with her on 2/8!

Thank you busy. I understand that. Dh is here but he works in the er at least 4 12s a week then schools 2 days. Seems I'm a single mom most days. I am praying I can hang in there. After school is over I get to be lazy until she arrives.

Jojo love your scan pics! Glad all is well

Anyone still get nauseous? I have been hungrier lately but also nauseous. Joy lol

not too much nauseous florida, but certain foods are still making me gag. dh and I had a fav Pho place we would go to. its like Vietnamese soups. but I puked the curry around 12 weeks and haven't eaten it since. we went last night and I thought id give it a try...I didn't puke but I sure wanted to. baby girl does not like it at all I guess. so sad cause I miss our soup dates lol

Thanks ladies 😀

No nausea for me either but I've had an upset stomach on and off for about three weeks which is worse in the mornings. Have been to doctors but he told me it's just one of those things and it will sort itself out.

Jami I hate that! Lol having to give up what you love to eat it's so tragic lol. I joke with dh and say she's already telling me how to live my life lol. Ladies I think we are all pretty much halfway so congrats to us all and so glad to see us all hanging in here together. Now we are all following up behind van kiwi on reaching viability. I am so amazed and thankful to share this with you all. I hair want to throw a huge cyber shower lol.

Florida - when I get really hungry, I get nauseous. When I overeat (which is super easy these days presumably bc things are getting smashed into my stomach!) , I get nauseous. So, yes. I'm dealing with nausea, too.

Jlou I hope that you are able to find a new place that isn't too expensive soon.

TTC definitely sounds like LO is doing some great growing.

Cute bump Jami!

Great scan pics Jojo...a lot of little girls in this group!

I'm getting so full up quick! And I'm not feeling nauseous with food but certain smells! Omg I nearly vom!

I'm viewing some houses next week! It'll be a stretch while
I'm on maternity leave but hopefully will be ok! Might have to cut my maternity short but we will see!
I have a wedding of a friend to go to tomorrow and with all that's going on in dreading it and I feel like a whale! I can't even have a drink lol! Xx

Jami- great bump pic- even at work! Lol

Jojo- love your scan pics and the one waving!!

Glad everyone is doing well!! No crusty nipples here but def sore boobs again which is bizarre but I think they're growing!? Lol still having lower back pain and a little soreness in my butt from my progesterone shots but just like you guys, I'm not complaining!!

Coming up on 22 weeks and I had my son at 23 so I'm trying to stay busy and get past the next few weeks quickly! Def staying positive and taking it easy.

Busy- my step daughters are settling in great! We're still in a child support fight with my husbands ex wife (the girls mom) who is currently still collecting our $1400 in monthly child support even though we now have the girls full time (soooo frustrating and unheard of!) so that is a struggle but I'm glad they're here!

My son is FINALLY (knock on wood) sleeping in his own bed again (this time a twin bed, the last time he slept alone was in his crib) after co-sleeping with us for nearly 9 months so it has been amazing! It's been about a week and although he still wakes up and cries a time or two each night, I can generally get him back to sleep in his own bed. I'm so proud of him!! It's better sleep for him (not waking to my husbands snoring or tossing and turning) and much better for mommy and daddy cuddle and connection time!!

Oh TTC- also wanted to tell you you're not alone in the super hungry moments recently! I feel like I have been eating non stop and definitely notice my belly getting bigger!

Anyone else feel a difference in the amount of movement in this pregnancy versus other pregnancies? This baby is kicking my butt! Moving from morning to night and I feel like he's doing sumersaults!! With my previous son I felt more obvious single kicks maybe once or twice in the same spot and always around 6-7pm. I am not working this time around though so I'm also thinking I have more sitting time to feel the movements rather than being at work and on my feet.

Sorry for the long catch up! Talk to you ladies soon!

Omg bselck I love ur chipotle burrito ticker. That's hilarious.
But how scary to have previously given birth at 23 weeks. I was just reading miracle stories about babies born before 24 and a lot of times Drs won't save them, or the baby has major problems later. But ur son looks perfect!!! How did all that work?

Jojo lovely scan pics, so cute.

I'm still super hungry and nauseous when I don't eat! Feel like I've got a moon face now :haha:

Baby is moving loads, so active especially when I'm eating which is most of the time.

I've added my bump pic (sorry for the mess!) going out for a hen night and I struggled to get into this dress :wacko: buts it's the only nice thing I could get away with wearing, on the down side I've got a horrible cold and I'm back in work on Monday! Bad timing.

Happy 24 weeks busy xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 8
Jojo lovely scan pics, so cute.

I'm still super hungry and nauseous when I don't eat! Feel like I've got a moon face now :haha:

Baby is moving loads, so active especially when I'm eating which is most of the time.

I've added my bump pic (sorry for the mess!) going out for a hen night and I struggled to get into this dress :wacko: buts it's the only nice thing I could get away with wearing, on the down side I've got a horrible cold and I'm back in work on Monday! Bad timing.

Happy 24 weeks busy xxx
Enjoy the hen night. You look great 😀

Thank you jojo, I had a lovely evening.

Busy happy 23+1, think I got carried away on my last post 😬 Only 6 days to go for V day 😀

Omg bselck I love ur chipotle burrito ticker. That's hilarious.
But how scary to have previously given birth at 23 weeks. I was just reading miracle stories about babies born before 24 and a lot of times Drs won't save them, or the baby has major problems later. But ur son looks perfect!!! How did all that work?

Jami- I love he chipotle burrito ticker too! It keeps me smiling :)

And girl yes! A lot of hospitals will deliver you at 23 weeks but will not intervene or help in any way once the baby is born. Thank God we were at a level 3 NICU hospital that takes micro preemies as long as your sonogram shows they are above 500grams. Zack scanned at 550g but was actually born at 680grams do that definitely helped them intubate him!

It was so scary as we were given every horrible statistic possible about the chances of him even living past the delivery (I delivered vaginally) to the chances of them being able to fit a tube down his throat (to help him breathe since at that point the lungs are not fully developed) to the chances of him having cerebral palsy or a brain bleed.

We prayed and prayed and prayed and we are so blessed to say that there are no lasting effects or issues for Zack other than possibly needing glasses when he's older! Our hospital has used our story many times to get funding for their NICU to work on micro preemies and we keep in touch with them all of the time to provide before and after photos.

I'm not saying everything will be fine every time, im now just an advocate that at least doctors should TRY to intervene at 23 weeks. In fact out main NICU Doctor left his previous hospital because they would not allow help before 24 weeks as he is very interested in the smallest babies. He also said many studies are being done to now change the viability date to 23 weeks so who knows!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->