Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Hi ladies. Just checking in. Hope everyone had a lovely holiday season.

AFM - I threw my back out a couple of days ago pretty severely (and painfully). So, I went to the Dr Tuesday (pulled muscle confirmed), and I stayed home yesterday. I'm feeling a bit better today. So, I'm going back to work. I can't afford to use up all my leave early!

Ouch TTC!! I hope you heal quickly!

Busy- anyway you could add the date the babies are born next to our EDD on the first page!?

Lately, I've noticed that every time I stand up, I think my baby girl falls onto my bladder. I go from thinking I might need to use the restroom to darting to the restroom in one fell swoop! Anyone else have this going on for them?

Hope all you lovelies have had a lovely Christmas and new year! Can't wait to hear more announcements of our beautiful baby's being born! Xx

Happy New Year ladies! Eek, now we're finally in January my baby is going to be born this month! Less than 4 weeks to go :happydance: I hope you have all had a great Xmas and new year. I've had a lovely one - hubby's work closed down for Xmas so we've spent lots of time together as a family and it's been awesome.

Lately, I've noticed that every time I stand up, I think my baby girl falls onto my bladder. I go from thinking I might need to use the restroom to darting to the restroom in one fell swoop! Anyone else have this going on for them?

My baby sits low on my bladder, so I'm going loads at the moment. We watched a film in bed last night and I went to the loo at least 6 times :haha: I can't walk very quickly or very far now without her starting to grate on my cervix either. Maybe this is all because my pelvic floor is weak.

Happy New Year!

Ive been generally well, pelvic pain and feeling that lo is jumping on my bladder doesnt help, Im also still vomiting 😣 its usually only once in the morning but just annoying at 36 weeks, anyone else?

We have finally got ourselves sorted and started buying all the bits we need for baby, can't believe my due date is in 27 days!

I know what you ladies mean about pelvic pain and grating. I don't know what I would do without a day of pelvic burning from ligaments and the feeling that her little head is grating on my pubic bone!

Did I mention that on our 34 weeks appt (Jan 18th), we're going to pick a mid-Feb date to induce?! I'm so excited!

Happy New Year to you too ladies! Lots of pelvic pain here as well. I guess this is how it will be until I give birth! Have had a really lazy Xmas and New Year but back to work on Tuesday for a few more weeks until my maternity leave begins. Have managed to sort out bits and pieces for the baby over Xmas and am starting to feel a bit more organised. I have a scan on Thursday to check the babies position and make sure everything is ok. Baby has turned in to a bit of a gymnast lately so will be interesting to see how she is doing.

No vomiting for me Cupcake. Sorry you are still having to put up with that.

That's exciting about picking your induction date TTC74!!

Yes On the peeing all the time! I kinda have to go, but once I stand up, I really have to go!
So glad it's finally January! My dr said we could induce January 30th if I haven't had her yet....so in the last home stretch. Christmas hit my family with alot of problems. One thing after another went wrong. Last night I had to babysit my drunk husband and clean up puke all night. I love him....but it was ridiculous. I am so tired of being around drunk people and being the designated driver. Again were here at another friends house for dinner and drinks and I've secluded myself because everyone else is 3 sheets to the wind. I am so glad the holidays are over and I'm days away from having my body back.

TTC - Same here about rushing to the loo :wacko:

cupcake - Not me, but I have a friend who had vomiting till the end and once a day just like yours. It went away right after delivery for her.

Florida - thinking of you :hugs: Hope Zuri is doing good and hopefully back home soon.

As for me, can't believe I'm close to 35 weeks :happydance: I have already started my leave as I had around 25 days of paid leaves that'll expire by June. And got the date for my cerclage removal on 17th Jan when I'll be 36+5. Only thing is, baby has turned breech in my 34week scan - he/she was in head down position till 30w :dohh: So, if baby doesn't turn by 37 weeks, I'll have to have an elective section at 39weeks. I just hope baby turns by then.

Hey girlies, so sorry I haven't popped in recently, using my phone is a nightmare for bnb.

It's a year today since I lost the twins, I honestly don't know where that year went - I thought I'd be more broken than I am, but fortunately although I miss that pregnancy, I'm so excited to meet this little girl.

34 weeks now, back down to prepregnancy weight due to the gestational diabetes diet! And feeling lots of pelvic and back pressure now. Hoping she's finally engaged! Will find out if I'm going to 40 weeks in the next two weeks or whether they will want to induce me! Will have to see what babies size is at 36 weeks.

Hope you are all well!

Big hugs to you Lucy...thinking about you xx

P.s. that is great news you are back to your prepregnancy weight! Haven't been weighing myself this pregnancy but am sure I can't say the same!

Hi all. As always glad to see good updates. Was readmitted Monday due to some chest discomfort and found out I have a pulmonary embolism. No dvts found. I know I'm so luck and blessed to be here but am just utterly terrified everyday all day.

Everything I remember you've dealt with dvts. How do you cope? How do carry on with life?

Hi all. As always glad to see good updates. Was readmitted Monday due to some chest discomfort and found out I have a pulmonary embolism. No dvts found. I know I'm so luck and blessed to be here but am just utterly terrified everyday all day.

Everything I remember you've dealt with dvts. How do you cope? How do carry on with life?

Florida, I'm so sorry to hear that :cry: You've been through so much! I've had 4 DVT's now but luckily none of them have progressed into a PE. I was only 20/21 when I had my first. The hospital offered me counselling but I didn't appreciate how serious it was back then so declined.

The 2nd time was just before I started trying for DS1 when I was about 34, and again I was pretty laid back about it although slightly more worried because I had only been on a 2 hour flight.

My 3rd was 10 weeks after having DS2, a post partum thing caused by change of hormones (probably the same reason you got your PE). That one really upset me... it was a bad one - the whole of my right leg clotted, and it was the first one since I'd had children. I was just so scared I would die and leave behind a baby and a 2 year old. I got a few panic attacks, which ironically can mimic PE symptoms. It just took me time to get my head round it and to feel safe that the clots weren't going to move.

I got my last one during this pregnancy. I caught it really early and so it wasn't very big, and to be honest I was so worried about the pregnancy that the DVT was not so significant in comparison.

As soon as they get you on blood thinners, you're already a huge amount safer. It stabilises the clots almost immediately so they are unlikely to move and they won't get bigger. Your body will already be attacking the clot(s). I really hope your pain is manageable - I'm sure within around a week of all of my clots I've been pretty much pain-free so I hope this is the case for you too (my mum had a PE but honestly it was a long time ago and I can't remember if her recovery was as fast but I do know she is completely symptomless now, as am I.

Sending you massive hugs and please keep in touch to let us know how you are doing :hugs: x

Hey girlies, so sorry I haven't popped in recently, using my phone is a nightmare for bnb.

It's a year today since I lost the twins, I honestly don't know where that year went - I thought I'd be more broken than I am, but fortunately although I miss that pregnancy, I'm so excited to meet this little girl.

34 weeks now, back down to prepregnancy weight due to the gestational diabetes diet! And feeling lots of pelvic and back pressure now. Hoping she's finally engaged! Will find out if I'm going to 40 weeks in the next two weeks or whether they will want to induce me! Will have to see what babies size is at 36 weeks.

Hope you are all well!

Lucy! Pre-pregnancy weight! You go girl! Im up 25lbs! But I'm the opposite- I'm actually happy for my weight gain since with my son I lost weight the whole time.

Florida- omg how scary! You've been dealing with so much! What is a dvts?

As for me, my IPad has been broken so I have been offline for a while! I had to go to the ER two days ago because I had a stomach bug and could not stop throwing up! They had to give me an IV of fluids as I ended up becoming dehydrated and was given anti nausea medicine. It helped greatly immediately but I was given an ultrasound to check my gall bladder just in case.

All was well and the ultrasound tech snuck us a peak of the baby!!

The blessing in disguise of throwing up all day (and my mother scaring me into thinking it could be the beginning of labor!) was that we got to see baby one more time before delivery! A few things amazed me... His eyes were open! I have never seen that on an ultrasound before! (Especially considering my first son was born with his eyes still fused shut!), the baby was not only opening his mouth but sucking on his hand!!, and lastly, he has hair! She clearly showed us and it was so cute!!

Anyways, the pain and sickness was worth it for that surprise ultrasound!

So ready to meet baby boy!!

Bselck- dvt is a deep vein thrombosis, a clot in the veins usually of the legs

Everything- thank you :hugs: yes they called it a provoked clot caused by pregnancy and all the time I spent in bed in and out of hospitals. I saw cardiology yesterday and he actually said he believes it all traces back to the preeclampsia and the toil it's taken on my body. It's definitely very strenuous getting myself to understand I'm ok and they won't move. And that has been my hearts biggest issue the fear of leaving my children and husband. Thank you for your kind words. Will keep you guys updated.

Hey gals. Had a good false labor Saturday. Didn't go to the hospital cause I figured that's what it was....but we packed the hospital bag and cleaned the house just incase. I started having contractions that were 3 minutes apart and starting to hurt. I got up after 2 or 3 hrs of that and thought if I start moving they'll probably go away. They didn't at first....but after another hr or so, once the house was all cleaned....they just stopped. Nothing since. Man these last few weeks are so intense and have me anxious.

Omg Jami! How scary! I'm glad you held it together enough to not go to the hospital and walk it off! So proud! I probably would have went in! Keep us updated!

Yes, very exciting Jami! Maybe baby will be here by themselves by the end of the month, which I know is what you want xx

Jami - how scary :hugs: you are really brave to figure out and stay at home.

I think, for most of us, the countdown has started :happydance: Time for our rainbows :cloud9:

For me, things are going OK at the moment. Only thing is we found out at 34 weeks appointment that baby is breech and yesterday at 36weeks appointment, baby is still breech. Most probably we'll have to go with planned section in that case and Dr said we'll see next week and if baby is still not turned, they might not remove the stitches as planned on 17th. I'm just praying that baby turns by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"