january 2012 mums to be!!!!

Coco, wow, your scan picture is amasing! I bet you were so happy when you saw it :hugs:

:wave: florabean and Sam :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing ok? I am off for an early night as work is draining me at the minute but I am glad I am feeling better than I was a few weeks ago. Hope everyones symptoms are easing too :flower:

Hi Ladies, I'm back from sunny cyprus! Had an amazing holiday, very relaxing. Did hardly anything...just what I needed! Flight went really well, I was a bit concerned about it, but it was fine.
Anyway, I was fine. My symptoms seem to have gone and feeling less tired. Just still really sore bb's sometimes.

I have my scan booked for next week...bit nervous!

Hope you're all well and looking after yourselfs.

Yay....nearly 2nd tri!!!!

Welcome Sam :hi:

Now the nerves for tomorrow are really coming in. What I'm finding scary is complete lack of symptoms now, being able to fit back in my jeans that I could a couple of weeks ago, boobs aren't so sore and of course reading others sad posts just brings home how lucky I will be to see a healthy little baby on that screen!
I know we all go through feeling like this though.
And then there is the other side, placenta is likely to have took over helping me feel better, haven't dealt with as much stress in the last couple of weeks either, and I've had no cramping or spotting to indicate anything amiss.
So in 24hrs and 17mins (roughly lol) myself and OH will be going into that little darkened room and seeing what fate is handing us.

Just had my booking appointment today and got my scan next Friday. Can't wait! Feeling very tired this week but other symptoms seem to be easing off. No ms so far. How about you girls? x

Hi Ladies! This looks like an active, talkative group! I am due in Jan too.

I still have m/s but hopeful it will go away, it is in someways a nice reminder that things are moving along since I can see any bump yet.

We're going to begin to tell more people once we get to week 13, though most of our close friends and family already know.

Congratulations everyone!

Saw your post about your appointment Sam, I had the most extreme exhaustion a few weeks ago, I literally had to keep putting a timer on to wake me up to stop me missing the school run!!
MS was never horrific (lucky me) did suffer with a chest infection when I got BFP which made me have a strained ligament, I'm thankful it cleared up. Still get the pulling pains occasionally but its good to know what it is.

Hi Birdie :hi: I love your due date on your birthday :)
Our pregnancy isnt really a secret, we told who we wanted early on as we told our children straight away, but after tomorrow we can be more open about it and I dont have to make so many excuses as to why I look like I've had breast implants put in lol

Thanks pinky, yes I was! Love having the scans!

Glad you had a good time Claire and that you are feeling OK.

5-a-side, I felt exactly the same a couple of weeks ago, literally had 3 weeks of nausea and tiredness, guess we are just lucky. You will be fine.

Hi Birdie and Sam :)

I agree on the implants! I've grown almost a whole size, how much more will I grow?
Ahh!

Somedays I think I look "poochy" but then (today) I think I look thinner than usual? IDK.

I am going to order that Bella Band- has anyone used one? I feel like I need to do something to prepare for the impending bulge!

M/S was less yesterday, let's hope the streak continues!

Sam, I didn't know about the placenta taking charge and that causes the change in symptoms. Thanks for the info.

Hi Everyone!
Nice to hear from all of you! Sounds like most of you have symptoms that are subsiding! Lucky you! I'm still feeling some nausea and get really tired mid day. I can sleep for 3 or 4 hrs during the day easily!
I was wondering if any of you have done/are doing the IPS screening test? It's for testing for downs syndrome and trisomy 18. It's in two parts and you don't get results until after the second part. Last baby, I just remember doing the NT scan and a blood test and getting my results shortly after. I just had an ultrasound for the NT and a blood test, but I can't go do the second blood test until 16-18 weeks and then they will tell me the risk of downs and trisomy 18. Has anyone else experienced this? Or have you all just done a test, gotten the results within the week?

Birdie, i used a belly band from about 30 weeks with my 1st one; it kinda helped relieve my back ache a bit as my bump got bigger.

anyone got a bump yet? I'm still waiting. Thanks to the MS i actually lost weight, but my boobies are getting bigger and my tummy's gone kinda hard at the bottom, so i know bubs is growing at least! I can't wait to start feeling him/her move in a few weeks time :)

Crispychewy I've got my nt test at my scan next week. Will have scan and bloods but not going to do the amnio if results aren't good, how about you?

crispychewy, i had my bloodwork done on friday then the nt scan done on monday and the doctor then gave me the results about 10 minutes later....

Sam182-I'm not going to do an amnio either if the results aren't good. I just don't like the idea of a big fat needle in my belly while I'm wide awake. It scares me!
Bellaxgee-sounds like your experience is like mine was with my first. I don't know why they're making me wait til 18 weeks now for the results. Maybe because I'm older now? I have no idea....
-I'm starting to get a bump for sure. With my first one, i didn't get a bump til 18 weeks. This one there is a noticeable bump at 12.

hey ladies, you've all gone quiet.
Scan was great, one little healthy wriggly baby in there (scan pic in Journal is you'd like to see) NT measurement was 1.4mm had bloods taken so will be waiting the results from that.

Other than no news really from me, went to Kiddicare but was disappointment with it really. But got a bargain from babies r us on the Tommee Tippee set, most places selling it for £99.99 BrU are selling it at £59.99 free p&p too.

hey ladies, you've all gone quiet.
Scan was great, one little healthy wriggly baby in there (scan pic in Journal is you'd like to see) NT measurement was 1.4mm had bloods taken so will be waiting the results from that.

Other than no news really from me, went to Kiddicare but was disappointment with it really. But got a bargain from babies r us on the Tommee Tippee set, most places selling it for £99.99 BrU are selling it at £59.99 free p&p too.

Yey, glad to hear, cute pic!
Good bargain, I bought a moses basket, it's perfect, someone was selling it just down the road for me for £25 :D

5-a-side what perfect pictures!!!! it looks like a little girly nub :)

5-a-side what perfect pictures!!!! it looks like a little girly nub :)

Ohhhh, you reckon?? the sonographer said he at one point (but so did I) but since saturday I've had girl vibes, we've even found another name we love, both been scared to mention it as we both were set on Katherine for a girl. But could well be growing a little Melody in there. Find out in 8wks!!!
Baby did a roll over but couldn't see anything to give us any hints.
if its a girl our family will be 5 vs 2. Girl domination.

Hi ladies,

5-a-side, I loved your picture, you can see so much of your little one. What a bargain from babies r us, I may go and look at that!

Sorry I haven't been about much but o have been working stupid hours at work as I am snowed under and have deadlines to meet. Hopefully things will become easier this week and ill be able to chill out.
I just got my letter about down syndrome... 1 in 100000 chance :happydance:

As for things that have been bought, the mil has gone crazy and we have loads of stuff at the minute like-
Baby grows, vests etc
Sleeping bag,
Cot and new mattress,
Moses basket,
Teddies,
Toys,
Baby bath,
Booties and scratch mit
Every time we go and see her there is something new lol. This will be her 3rd grandchild but the other 2 are over 4 hours away so I think she has just got excited

Anyway, I'm off for a nap to see if that helps me perk up a bit.

Hope everyone else is well :hugs:

thats so exciting pinky! i cant wait to start buying things!

Hi Ladies, hope youre all doing well. Ive got my 12 week scan on thurs, cant wait to see the baby for the first time. Bit nervous and excited.
We havent bought anything yet, but prob will when we've had the scan! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->