january 2012 mums to be!!!!

Good luck to all the girls having their scans today! :hugs:

Pinky, i live right on the border between fareham & gosport, so you'll be exactly in my neck of the woods, lol.
and 5-a-side, I spent 5 years in peterborough and grew up in Norfolk, so I empathise with you on living in the fenlands- flat & boring, lol, but still, at least the place has history & a famous uni :)

Good luck to everyone having scans or appointments this week :)
My hubby is from Purbrook (waterlooville) in Portsmouth.

Flora, They live just off Gosport road near the centre. I will wave to you next weekend :haha:

Hope all the scans went well :hugs:

I will be glad when these head aches subside! Woke up with a banging one today and its not dissapeared all day :( Off to bed for me. Nite ladies x

Hi Ladies.
Well, had my scan today at 3.30 and from what I could tell things seem ok. To be honest they didnt really say much!
I had height, weight, sample and blood etc. No blood pressure taken.
I got to see the baby twice cause apparently my bladder was empty...but felt like i needed the loo. So saw the baby then and it was moving tons, throwing its arms and legs around, crystal clear. But baby curled up so couldnt measure the neck. So I had to go away and drink lots of water to help push baby out of curled position to more flat position and measure neck. I had 6 glasses of water, and " my bladder still wasnt great?" Small bladder apparently?
The lady I saw the second time wasnt as nice and felt rushed, she didnt take a very clear pic either...silly woman! Plus the baby had flipped over and was doing a handstand type thing! But managed to get the neck measurment.
I just have to wait for downs results now. Oh and they have moved my date forward to 27th jan instead of 31st.
Hope everyone elses went well xxxx

at least everything is going well claire....i hate it when they rush you....im in the process of transferring hospitals so im in limbo.....got my 20 week scan for 8th sept but that will change now that im changin.
so going to the midwife today so they dont forget abt me!!! just want to hear the heartbeat, and maybe get another swab done!

hurrah the sun has finally come out in ireland!!!

glad your scan went ok though :)

My midwife app went well- everything perfectly normal BP & wee wise, and for probably the first time in my whole adult life, I'm not anaemic, lol! :happydance: Was able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time too, and my son (he's 21 months) was absolutely fascinated! :) I'd forgotten how cool it is to hear the heartbeat!

hope everyone else is doing ok :flower:

After a busy weekend I am just chilling today, girls still in their pj playing nicely. No much else happening really.

hi girls hope everyone is well.

just wondering if anyone else is getting sick from their prenatals? it used to happen every so often, now i get sick everytime i take them.

my doctor suggested the flinstones vitamins so i guess i will try those.

im just gagging at random smells....but the flagyl Kind of makes me sick anyway!

I HAVE FINALLY GOT A BUMP....NOT JUST FAT!!!

lol, i'[m still in the 'is she pregnant or has she just been over-eating' phase of tummy shape! I keep looking at all my bump pics from last time (i did a collage of them using picasa, lol) and it was 16 weeks last time & I'm 16 weeks today.... but i was thinner last time, so maybe it was just more noticable, instead of the podge i have now, hehe!

I haven't taken my vitamins for around a week now, they really made me feel rough and I struggled to keep them down. So I'm all for healthy eating and making sure I do my best to get the vitamins in food and drink.

ummm the gummy flintstones vitamins are delicious and i want to eat the whole bottle! lol i taking one in the morning and one at night is a little easier on my tummy.

yay for the lemons and OFFICIALLY 2nd trimester(ers)!

Hello ladies, hope you are all well? I had my NT and downs results today, can any of you shed some light. It says im low risk, but my NT result is 1.70mm is that high?? My estimated maternal risk is 1:1082 and my adjusted risk for trisomy "21" is 1:21644 ? Is trisomy 21 the downs test?

Trisomy is another term for DS (think its the actual medical term due to the amount of cromosomes or something)
I'm not sure the difference of trisomy and maternal risk though so I hope someone else can shed some light.
NT of 1.7mm isnt high risk (afaik)
maybe call your MW to talk to her about it. But if it says low risk I'd be happy, mine was worded "not high risk" I didnt like that.

Yeah I'm a Lemon!! 14wks seems a huge milestone!

my doctor said an NT measurement below 3mm is good. and your risk numbers are great! you have a healthy lil bean in there!

Thank you ladies, I understand now. And someone else said the numbers are good so I will relax now :) I really want to see the little one again...it was so amazing!

14 weeks is a true milestone, our babies are growing well!

Anybody noticing a bump yet?! I seemed to have gotten one in the last 10 days ish! Others have noticed too as they have joked that I should diet! and I know it's baby and not fat as I have lost 5lbs since being pregnant!

i definitely look preggers! and ive lost 10lbs! (although i can afford to lose it)

i am overweight to begin with so the doctor said it was fine. i have been craving veggies so have been eating healthier, have only been drinking water or seltzer, and am so tired that im in bed by 8pm most nights so no time for night snacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->