january 2012 mums to be!!!!

I cant wait to start blitzing my house, I actually have a list of things I want do when im off!
Trixie its not worth you going back if your gonna struggle, put your feet up and take it easy I say!

I have no excuse for the house not to look perfect!

Happy about the weather, I love this time of year!

I do too, its such a lovely day here in the southwest.
Anyone know what you cant take for a cold, think you can take halls and soothers etc. But, anyone got a good natural remedy?

Not really, I was ill last week and just drank hot lemon and ate more fruit, and yoghurt drinks with the l.casai stuff! I had a few throat strepsils. If you have a sore throat you could gargle with salt water. and hot showers for clearing your nose!

ive used saline spray and breath rite strips for my nose at night. also drank hot lemon water for my throat.

Thanks Ladies, good tips on the saline and nose sprays. Ive heard hot lemon and honey is good.....of to the shops I go!

Hi ladies, just realised i been commenting in the other january thread and not this one! Hope your all well! Looks like most of us are reaching or past the v day mark now, wooooo :thumbup: Hows everyone enjoying the baby shopping? Im currently in the process of decorating the nursery but its taking a lot more time than i thought as some walls need plastering etc and the window frame needed new plaster boards! Happy pregnancies everyone :hugs: xx

hi tasha welcome back!!!.im absolutely dyin of the cold all weekend, i have only taken halls soothers and hot lemon with sugar, im soooooo over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ladies, how's everyone doing? How did you all cope with the hot weather last week? I was pretty useless- felt awesome! I'm definitely an autumnal kinda girl! lol.

My son just celebrated his 2nd birthday a few days ago which was awesome. He now gets that there's a baby in my tummy (but also thinks there's one in his too! lol) and everytime he sees something pink he starts pointing and saying 'for baby!' which is really cute.

Re work: last time, I worked full time shifts, right up until i felt i couldn't handle it anymore, so i took my 2 weeks annual leave, which took me up until 2 weeks before I had him, so 4 weeks prior to him coming in total. I was set to go back to work when he was 11 months old, but then changed my mind last minute as I just couldn't do it! So now I'm a SAHM & will be probably until this baby is about 2. (unless our financial circumstances change or something, in which case, I'll have to go back, but for now, my hubby earns well and loves his job & i love being at home with my little man and soon to be little girl.)

Today's my first day of the final trimester!!! Only 3 months to go- i hope it doesn't drag too much! I'm getting pretty huge now... or at least i feel pretty huge! I keep comparing my bump pics to last time round, lol! How's everyone else's bumps coming along?

anyway, best be going. got a day or painting, sticking and gluing planned with my son :)

Hi everyone. How's the poorly ladies?!
Had midwife app this morning. All good. BP and urine is fine so she said that my 'funny turns' must be down to overheating. (So Flora I did not do good in the heat, I am definately an Autumn girl) Not too happy about the fact that I wasn't given any info on antenatal classes. Asked today and was met with 'oooh they started last week'!! Grrrr! So Luckily I know the girl at reception and she asked the midwife if I could join who reluctantly agreed!

Hi tasha! we are going to look at a pram/travel system, it's second hand but a really good one, Bugaboo Cameleon I think.

Glad your wee boy had a good bday Flora.

Glad your little man had a nice day flora,I used to love painting and gluing!
Pleased to hear you can get in on your classes coco, thas reminded me to find out about mine. I havent a clue when they start?
Im feeling much better thanks, cold still there but not as bad. The hot water and lemon, honey really helped. So did the hot showers.
Im trying to up my fruit and veg intake as well now.
Bump is coming along nicely, lots of movment. It feels much higher up and stronger now. We should get some pics on??

will take a new one on wednesday - 25 wks.

Glad you are feeling better :)

baby is very active and feeling it much higher too... as I type! midwife said uterus is dead on 25cm!

Attachments

• 24 wks.jpg
    24 wks.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
Aww what a cute bump, wow 25mm and a ticker change. Its been stuck on papaya for weeks!
I tried to upload mine but it wont let me at the moment. Anyone else want to show off your bumps??

im much better, just feeling very big, like i cant stretch anymore!!! im off now on a months sick leave.....my mum bought my pram on wed...its an ego elegance, small light and functional....got it and car seat reduced from £399 to £199....so chuffed!

have decided to go for a cot rather than a cot bed and dad is coming over to paint and paper the nursery....he is 70 now but there is just no stopping him and me and oh have no say!!!!

cant believe im 25 weeks....i cant believe how far along everyone else is!! its amazing!

going to do some xmas shopping today, have to start getting organised!!! im im completely broke....i wish my trees in the garden grew some money!!!

im much better, just feeling very big, like i cant stretch anymore!!! im off now on a months sick leave.....my mum bought my pram on wed...its an ego elegance, small light and functional....got it and car seat reduced from £399 to £199....so chuffed!

have decided to go for a cot rather than a cot bed and dad is coming over to paint and paper the nursery....he is 70 now but there is just no stopping him and me and oh have no say!!!!

cant believe im 25 weeks....i cant believe how far along everyone else is!! its amazing!

going to do some xmas shopping today, have to start getting organised!!! im im completely broke....i wish my trees in the garden grew some money!!!

That's such a good deal on the pram and car seat :)

Why have you decided on a cot? I was going to get a cot bed because then I don't have to worry about buying another one later on but the space that wouls have been perfect for it is too small for a cot bed so I don't know what to do now.
Crazy that your Dad is doing that, bless him!

coco14- gorgeous bump!!
trixie79- that sounds like an amazing deal on the pram and carseat :thumbup:

How is everyone today?
Iv been a busy bee! cleared out my garage.. and generally spring cleaning everything else! cleaned the whole fridge out... sorted toy room out and vacuumed whole house, absoloutely exhausted now though :(
xxx

its soooo funny ....... we are nesting!!!!

decided on a cot, cause i dont know wer we will be living by the time he goes in2 a bed......you can get a junior bed these days for next to nothing!

i am definitely nesting big time!

i decided to put all new curtains up, wash the walls, vaccuum every crevice and get all new door knobs...all this weekend.

went to order the crib yesterday but its on back order for 3 months - boo! there is one left at a store about an hour away so i am waiting for them to open so i can put it on hold and hubby can purchase it today! yay!

We went for a cot bed for our son (which he is still in- it's freaking huge and he's a shorty, so he'll be in it till he's 10 at this rate! lol) For this one though, we're going moses basket to begin with, then she'll have our son's cotbed (with a new mattress) and we'll buy him a little cabin bed, probably around easter time i think, depending how big the new baby grows. (if she's a diddy one like my son, we wont have to buy one for much longer!)

I finally got round to organising my bump pics so far- will upload now.

Had 28 week midwife app this week- and I'm measuring 26cm at 28+4 weeks, so about 2cm behind. i was 2-3cm behind the whole pregnancy last time too, so i guess that's just normal for me. :shrug:

Anyone else getting lots of braxton hicks? i didnt have many at all last time round, but i get them every day with this one. i hope she doesn't have plans to make an early appearance or anything, hehe!

How's everyone else doing? Hope you're all well and growing nicely :)

Attachments

• Bump pics 10-28 weeks.jpg
    Bump pics 10-28 weeks.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 5
Oh and I meant to ask- anyone else struggling with name ideas? i thought knowing the sex would make it easier, but nope! It's so hard finding something we both like!!!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->