january 2012 mums to be!!!!

Hi ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well!

Coco, loving the bump picture!! I am going to take one of my bump tomorrow as I am 30 weeks :happydance: Glad to hear your nursery is coming along well. I have nearly finished mine and cant wait to have my little girl here!!

Claire & bellaxgee, sorry you have both had scares and I am so glad that everything is going well for you and your little ones :hugs:

Well I am hoping I only have 3 full weeks of work left now (if HR haven't messed up my holidays) and have nearly everything in order! I cant wait to get my energy back though! I have been told that my iron count is low and have been put on iron tablets which are not great lol!! Hopefully it will come back up soon and I wont have to take them for much longer.

Hope everyone else is ok :hugs:

Pinky, yey work almost over, although I don't know how you are still doing it. I'm quite tired and achey right now and think I ate too much as my belly is killing me! It feels like it's going to explode!

just wondering how everyone maternity leave works? i just met with human resources and am basically screwed. i just found out that i only have 2 weeks sick time which i knew because i work in a school so i don't have vacation time but i only get disability until the baby is 6 weeks old and that is only like $150 a week!! i normally make $3000 a month, so thats about $2600 less! i am freaking out!

Glad to hear all is well Pinky, im finishing on 2nd dec...cant blimmin wait :) Starting to struggle now xx
My bump feels like that sometimes coco x

just wondering how everyone maternity leave works? i just met with human resources and am basically screwed. i just found out that i only have 2 weeks sick time which i knew because i work in a school so i don't have vacation time but i only get disability until the baby is 6 weeks old and that is only like $150 a week!! i normally make $3000 a month, so thats about $2600 less! i am freaking out!

Im in the UK and our basic maternity pay is £127 a week, we get that for 39 weeks I think?
Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a shock xx

i just cant imagine having to leave my baby at only 6 weeks old :(

i just cant imagine having to leave my baby at only 6 weeks old :(

I couldnt either!
Is there any other way of finding out more information? I would have a fit if I only got paid for 6 weeks :(

theres no other way - unless they fire me! then i could collect unemployment but that will never happen...plus i kind of need a job to come back to lol. we will figure it out because we have to. my husband was out of work for almost 4 months during the summer and we survived on one income so i guess we can do it again.

god thats crazy....i work for the NHS so thankfully i am getting full pay whilst sick, and i get full pay for 8 weeks and half pay and stat pay combined for 4 months then just the stat pay for the next 3 and then unpaid for 3 more months......

i think ill be going back to work after 6 months, couldnt imagine 6 weeks x

Coco- I dont know how I am doing it either! I have been struggling but hopefully I will only have a few weeks left! It doesnt help that I have low iron and I am not sleeping so I am exhausted all the time! I cant eat a lot at a time as I suffer really badly from acid indigestion and heartburn so I end up being sick a few hours later! Its so frustrating!

Bella- So sorry to hear about your maternity pay! that sucks! My work have a really good maternity pay for us. I get 90% of my pay for the first 6 weeks plus the SMP (Statutary maternity pay at £127 a week) and then for the remaining 20 weeks I get 50% pay plus SMP so I dont loose out too much. Hopefully you will find a solution so you can stay at home for longer with your little one :hugs:

Claire- I am hoping my maternity will start on the 1st December but it may be the week after and cant wait!!

trixie- Wow your maternity is good!! I am off work in total for 9 months but that is holidays and maternity pay!

Well I hope every one is doing ok. I am still struggling with various things and cant wait to be off work. I was advised by someone from sure start to ask about being induced at 37 weeks with all the issues I have had so far. We will see what the midwife says on monday......

I cannot believe I am 30 weeks today!! :O

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love the first day of a new week. i wake up and practically yell to the baby like this morning "lex you are 31 weeks today!" haha every week/day is a milestone to me!

Yay for finishing work soon Pinky! I cant believe we're all pretty much 30 weeks or more, seriously is anyone shocked how quickly this has gone or just me??
We're all counting down to maternity leave, the next milestone after that is having our babies!!! :)
We'll all then be telling our birthing stories and comparing nappies! Fingers crossed for all of us our labours are quick and straight forward ;)
Ive got my antenatel classes starting 6th dec, have you all started or plan to start them soon? Did you find them helpful?

As for me, the hospital app went well. Baby doesnt seem to be measuring too small, but still slightly below average. I also had less fluid then my last app, so have to go back on monday to get more baby measurments and check fluid. They dont seem too concerned about it, so fingers crossed.

Hope you're all ok xx

Claire, glad all seems OK, I'm sure it is.

I've finished my antenatal classes. The breastfeeding one was definately the bet, made me feel much more confident about it and got more info. Basically she said if you persevere you will succeed.

im hoping to breastfeed too coco, but havent attended classes! im a health visitor so pretty much know all abt the theory.....i just hope i can put it into practice...

im hoping to breastfeed too coco, but havent attended classes! im a health visitor so pretty much know all abt the theory.....i just hope i can put it into practice...

Ooh I'm sure you don't need the classes then! That's true, when it comes to it I'm sure I'll have some 'this is impossible' moments but it comforted me to be told if I'm determined I can do it. I also mentioned that some people have ended up supplementing with formula because they don't think the baby is getting enough and she said that shouldn't need to happen if they are latching on and feeding properly and that more skin to skin will help...

There's just SO much to think about :wacko:

had my shower this weekend - it was so much fun and the amount of gifts is overwhelming at the moment. can't wait to organize everything which brings me to a question .... are you planning on washing every piece of clothing? including blankets, sheets, EVERYTHING?

have opted not to take the childbirth classes as they are quite expensive ($200+) but we are taking the breastfeeding and also a parenting childcare class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->