january 2012 mums to be!!!!

Lovely pics flora, Gosh your bump grew loads between weeks 20 and 22! Gorgeous bump!
Ive not had any braxton hicks, just lots of kicking!
Ive got my 27weeks check this week so will see how things are.
We're mega stuck for boys names, but have our girls names.
I have been nesting like crazy, im not going to have anything left to do when im on maternity at this rate! :)

Hi all, baby wriggling like mad, love it mostly except when I'm trying to sleep! No braxton hicks yet.
Good bump flora, grown a lot in the last 2 weeks too :)
I had my names picked before I got pregnant!

Hello! I hope everyone is well. Time is ticking along now. I had my gestational diabetes check and so pleased to say that I dont have it. From what Ive heard it can be a real pain if you get it. Everything else at the check went well, my BP is good and so is the babies heart beat. So far baby is head down, but that can change.
How is everyone? Not too many aches and pains I hope?
Oh, and Im officially on the count down to fininshing work...4 weeks and 3days woooo!!!

Good to hear all is well Claire. All good here although I feel I'm a lot more tired and achey when I do more these days. Had a halloween party yesterday, we used to throw a lot of get-togethers but this was the 1st in a long time, and I was quite stressed and had to hide upstairs for a bit and have a little cry! I was fine after. the baby was moving like crazy too which made me feel guilty like it was sensing my stress. My back was killing by the time I got to bed at about 12.30. I'm just not cut out for these shenanigans anymore!!

Got breastfeeding class on thursday, and midwife.

Aww, you poor thing coco. Glad you felt ok in the end. Its amazing what the baby can pick up on. Mine did something similar when I was upset recently...bloody hormones ha ha.
Hope you breastfeeding class and midwife go well xx

hi girls glad things are going well....im only getting pains under my boobs, like the baby is pushing up.....the doc kind of laughed when i told her....she said the diaphram is the cause, because its an unused muscle....i think alot of people complain abt that as she laughed!!!.....im not finding it funny!

Thanks Claire :)

Trixie, what a pain! The baby has been crazy this week, it's trying to break out!!

Hi ladies,

Sorry I havent been about much, its been a bit of a roller coaster few months for me!! I am currently signed off work after being in hospital but hoping I am going to return to work next week! I am just hoping I can cope with it as at the minute I can barely do housework :haha:

I hope you are all doing well :hugs:

Trixie- Hope your pain has eased a little. I seem to find myself short of breath even when sat still and they say thats due to the baby pushing on the diaphram. Fortunately I haven't had any pain though!

Claire- I don't have long left at work (once I get back there!) I am hoping to finish in the 1st week in December as I have loads of holidays to take!! What date are you finishing??

Coco- I know how you feel hun, I just cant do a lot of social situations that involves me doing a lot at the minute. The baby does sense things but I am sure it was still quite content. Everytime I feel rubbish and want to rest up in bed my little girl treats my tummy like a jungle gym!! at least I know she is ok when I am not too good :haha:

Flora- Loving the bump pictures! I have a moses basket to start with and then have a cot for my little girl. The spare room isnt that big so I have to think about good space saving ideas! I havent had braxton hicks yet and am not looking forward to getting them yet lol. As for names, we haven't decided on a name yet but my husband has found one he likes and since then hasn't liked any of the others. So for he time being we think she may be called Daisy Lorraine (Lorraine is the MIL name). I hope he considers other names properly but only time will tell!

Anyway, I have some ironing to do before I head to see my Grandad for his birthday in hospital. Hope you all have a lovely day :hugs:

hi girls,

i am glad everyone is doing well. i haven't had a very good week (and it's only wednesday!) hubby and i had a little getaway this weekend and i definitely overdid it. baby wasn't moving as much so i got nervous and went in to be checked. everything was fine but doctor said i need to take it easy. i also had to do the 3hr glucose test yesterday because i failed the 1hr by 1 friggin point! it was horrible. i got sick 45 min in so they had me wait a little bit then drink some more. it was torture. when it was time for the last prick it was almost 5 hrs later and i was so dehydrated that they couldn't find a vein easily. today i am just feeling out of it and exhausted. i feel so guilty about missing work but i don't know what to do anymore. i pushed myself to go in today but i really don't want to be here!

Hope you feel better Bellaxgee and pinky...pregnancy is really hard sometimes.
Fingers crossed you pass your GD test Bellaxgee :)
Im finishing work on the 2nd of december Pinky, like you I have holiday to take first...I can not wait :) Starting to struggle a bit now xx

Hi ladies,

Sorry I havent been about much, its been a bit of a roller coaster few months for me!! I am currently signed off work after being in hospital but hoping I am going to return to work next week! I am just hoping I can cope with it as at the minute I can barely do housework :haha:

I hope you are all doing well :hugs:

Trixie- Hope your pain has eased a little. I seem to find myself short of breath even when sat still and they say thats due to the baby pushing on the diaphram. Fortunately I haven't had any pain though!

Claire- I don't have long left at work (once I get back there!) I am hoping to finish in the 1st week in December as I have loads of holidays to take!! What date are you finishing??

Coco- I know how you feel hun, I just cant do a lot of social situations that involves me doing a lot at the minute. The baby does sense things but I am sure it was still quite content. Everytime I feel rubbish and want to rest up in bed my little girl treats my tummy like a jungle gym!! at least I know she is ok when I am not too good :haha:

Flora- Loving the bump pictures! I have a moses basket to start with and then have a cot for my little girl. The spare room isnt that big so I have to think about good space saving ideas! I havent had braxton hicks yet and am not looking forward to getting them yet lol. As for names, we haven't decided on a name yet but my husband has found one he likes and since then hasn't liked any of the others. So for he time being we think she may be called Daisy Lorraine (Lorraine is the MIL name). I hope he considers other names properly but only time will tell!

Anyway, I have some ironing to do before I head to see my Grandad for his birthday in hospital. Hope you all have a lovely day :hugs:

Oh no I hope you are OK. and that you have taken it easy whilst being off!
Thanks, I'm sure a little stress won't hurt it since I've been so relaxed the rest of the time with not working and all. This should be a pretty chilled baby!

hi girls!

how is everyone coming along? we are getting to the end!

i have my baby shower next weekend so i don't really have much set up yet - how is everyone else's nurseries? what else do you still need to get?

hi girls!

how is everyone coming along? we are getting to the end!

i have my baby shower next weekend so i don't really have much set up yet - how is everyone else's nurseries? what else do you still need to get?

Hello! :) All good here. I can't believe 11 weeks to go!
Yey enjoy your shower. A friend asked if she could organise mine yesterday, phew, thought I wouldn't get one!!
Nursery is decorated but need cot and changing table - which a family member is making for us :) and the cot we are leaving for a bit since baby won't need it for a while. Oh and still need to get nursing chair! parents have got us a travel system inc, car seat. Need mainly smaller things, that all add up!

Hope everyone is doing OK :) xx

Gosh, you ladies are doing well with the nurseries. We havent started yet..thats going to be our xmas challenge!
We have all our big things, just need little things like blankets, muslins and some bottles etc.

I had a growth scan on monday and baby is measuring a bit small. They arent massivley concerned but I have to go for more tests next week to make sure the cord and placenta are working properly. Im hoping its just as small baby?

I think ive been paranoid since then though and went in today with reduced fetal movement. I hadnt felt baby move since about 10pm last night untill 2pm today. I was hooked up to monitor for an hour and all seemed well, heart beat and movment detected. I have an anterior placenta and think the baby was lying in a funny position so couldnt feel it. They were really good and made me feel reasured. So pleased I can relax now. Still have to go in next monday though for more tests and scans to see why baby a bit small :(

Gosh, you ladies are doing well with the nurseries. We havent started yet..thats going to be our xmas challenge!
We have all our big things, just need little things like blankets, muslins and some bottles etc.

I had a growth scan on monday and baby is measuring a bit small. They arent massivley concerned but I have to go for more tests next week to make sure the cord and placenta are working properly. Im hoping its just as small baby?

I think ive been paranoid since then though and went in today with reduced fetal movement. I hadnt felt baby move since about 10pm last night untill 2pm today. I was hooked up to monitor for an hour and all seemed well, heart beat and movment detected. I have an anterior placenta and think the baby was lying in a funny position so couldnt feel it. They were really good and made me feel reasured. So pleased I can relax now. Still have to go in next monday though for more tests and scans to see why baby a bit small :(

i went in last week because i hadn't felt her move either. same procedure - hooked up for an hour and all was fine. the doctor never gave me a reason i wasn't feeling her :shrug: but i also have an anterior placenta and am guessing she was just in a funny position.

i haven't gone for my growth scan yet, i think it's at 32 weeks. hope all goes well with your next appointment, i am sure everything is fine. :hugs:

i went in last week because i hadn't felt her move either. same procedure - hooked up for an hour and all was fine. the doctor never gave me a reason i wasn't feeling her :shrug: but i also have an anterior placenta and am guessing she was just in a funny position.

i haven't gone for my growth scan yet, i think it's at 32 weeks. hope all goes well with your next appointment, i am sure everything is fine. :hugs:

Sorry you had the same problem :hugs:, what a pain these anterior placentas are?! Maybe you have a tiddler as well? I think the fact that mine is a bit small, curled up in a teeny ball and have an anterior placenta all went againts me today...little monkey ha ha. Glad all is well with you though, hope your growth scan goes well. :)

Sorry about your scares guys. Glad all is well though. Hope you just have a small cute baby Claire! :)

Bump update!

Attachments

• 29 weeks 008.jpg
    29 weeks 008.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member