january 2012 mums to be!!!!

Trixie- sorry to hear that you have had problems with infections. I know how you feel as I ended up in hospital with a kidney infection a few months ago. I now have a UTI as well which is pants! I hope you are resting up and feeling much better :hugs: I have a bum trying to go through my ribs at the minute!

Bella- how exciting and scary at the same time! Looks like your little one is desperate to come out! Be careful if you do work but I would say rest up and stay at home :hugs:

Claire- I know how you feel with feeling yourself. I can't wait for these hormones to go and me start feeling myself again. I don't think being at home all day by myself helps :(

Coco- hope your doing ok :hugs:

Is anyone suffering with SPD? I have recently started up with it and its quite annoying as it stops me from doing a lot. I found out I had a UTI last week by letter from the doctors... Or so the receptionist thinks! I got a letter telling me that following the results of my urine test the relevant medication is waiting for me at the surgery. I went to the surgery and was given a prescription and asked what it was for and was told it was probably just an infection. :growlmad: I have the midwife on thursday so will see what she says.

Only 6 weeks to go now!

i went to the doctor yesterday to get cleared to work but my primary doc wasnt in so i had to see some random guy with a really thick indian accent that i couldnt even understand. it was horrible. it took him 15 min to find the hb (which of course made me panic) then he told me that my cervix is closed and the baby is high and that i will go to 40 weeks (basically the opposite of what the other 3 doctors have told me)

i left my appointment in tears and confused. needless to say i will be keeping my regular appt with my primary doctor for tomorrow.

Mucas plug started breaking away yesturday, irregular contractions started and bump has dropped...

process has begun :) YAY!
Midwife has assured me that if bubs is born anytime soon he will be healthy and a good weight, so that is a nice reasurance xx

Oh my gosh, its all going on! Hope you're feeling ok Steffy, keep us up to date...how exciting!
Sorry your visit didnt go well Bellaxgee, I dont think I would have been full of confidence either. Hope your next app goes well x

My response was going to be the same Steffy - oh my gosh, how exciting!!

Bella I wouldn't be convinced either! Let us know how your real app goes!

I washed the baby clothes today! :) I really can't believe I'm going to be a Mom! A baby? In this house?!!! Crazy! I have been with my b/f for 7 years and we have lived together for 5 so it's going to be a massive change! Can't wait though!

I am such a banana!!!

- I had a lovely bath to recover from yet another hard day of Christmas shopping with mum, got out of the bath, slipped on the floor and landed on my bump.

TWERP!!!

I waited about half an hour, sat down and calmed down. Harvey is kicking and moving fine and I have had no bleeding. Another reasurance. Called up L&D and they said come in to be on the safe side... problem is, I then remember I have left my green notes in the back of my mums car - DOH!

Harvey is fine, I know he is... I didn't land hard on my bump I just kinda slipped. Poor boy!

Oh my gosh Steffy, that literally made me lift my hand to my face! Yikes. Hope everything is OK.

Steffy- Glad to see everything seems to be ok with your little one. Take things easy :hugs:

god steffy are you ok??? i have premonitions sometimes that i fall daown the stairs or slip out of the bath....thankfully they dont come true! im a little weird!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you in labour???

i have thrush from those damn co-amoxiclav! i wonder if a pessary would do any harm??? the cream is useless....

anyone elses sex life gone down the swanny????

Nah not in labour but ladies... guess what???

OMG I want to find my memory device to show you the picture, but my bump has dropped so much!! I'm so excited, been awake all night with pains and such, I don't know why but I have this feeling in my stomach baby is going to be born after Christmas, between 35 weeks and 37 weeks. Just a gut feeling, but I cannot believe the drop in my stomach overnight :D

EKKKK!!!

god steffy are you ok??? i have premonitions sometimes that i fall daown the stairs or slip out of the bath....thankfully they dont come true! im a little weird!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you in labour???

i have thrush from those damn co-amoxiclav! i wonder if a pessary would do any harm??? the cream is useless....

anyone elses sex life gone down the swanny????
Erugh, im the same as you. Ive got thrush aswell at the moment, not quite sure why though? Prob just being pregnant cause ive not had antibiotics or anything?!
Ive bought a cream that seems to be doing the job, midwife said it has to be 1% or something and you cant take anything orally. Might be worth asking about the pessary?
Oh and yes, sex life seems non existant at the moment. Hubby just generally not up for it and I feel huge :(

Ahhhh Steffy so exciting! How are the pains today?

pains are on and off today... tightenings, but no pain.

Just come back from midwife and she said he's head down and engaged which is why I feel pressure in my bum. BP was fine and his heartbeat was perfect, although there was trace of protein, keytones and lucazides in my urine, but possible due to infection? Who knows...

It's just exciting to know that my little man could come anyday now. So excited to meet him :)

How is everyone doing? Steffy are you OK?
Midwife last week said baby not engaged yet and back to back. Next app is Jan 5th.

Has everyone finished their hospital bag? I was wondering how many giant maternity pads you think I need?! For bag and altogether.

Coco, I havent finished my bag but have most things in it I need. I really need to get round to washing the babies clothes!
Ive really struggled to get any thick maternity pads, ive been in boots twice and theyve not had ANY...just thin ones, and thats pretty much the same everywhere else ive been. So ive resorted to buying 2 packs of always night time for now, and will have to keep an eye out for thick maternity pads.
I would say your gonna need a few.I would pack one full packet for hospital and have a few packs for at home.

Coco, I havent finished my bag but have most things in it I need. I really need to get round to washing the babies clothes!
Ive really struggled to get any thick maternity pads, ive been in boots twice and theyve not had ANY...just thin ones, and thats pretty much the same everywhere else ive been. So ive resorted to buying 2 packs of always night time for now, and will have to keep an eye out for thick maternity pads.
I would say your gonna need a few.I would pack one full packet for hospital and have a few packs for at home.

Thanks. I have put a pack of 10 in my bag and have a pack in the cupboard so will get some more. I got them from Tesco.

Ooh that reminds me I need to wash the moses basket covers and geta sheet for the mattress!

Ive looked in tescos and they didnt have any. What are they called, i'll have another look.
I need to do the moses basket as well x

hello ladies its been a while :)

i got my maternity pads from tescos at a measly 90p for a pack of 10!! so i got 4 pack just for after labour. im guessing im going to need to change often and will get some better ones for when im home.

im booked in to be induced on 7th Jan due to GD and him already being ove 7lb already!! my big boy, so 2 weeks on saturday for me im so excited lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->