january 2012 mums to be!!!!

congrats EMZ! i would like to hear the birth story since i am expecting a big girl myself.

checkup today after work - i am hoping i have made some progress. my stomach has been really upset today. started this morning with lots of pressure and gas. now it has turned into cramping and diarrhea. hoping its a sign, but since i am at work i am soo miserable.

Bella that's what I had a few days ago. I hope you feel better soon.

went to the doctor and i had all the signs of preeclampsia (gained 7lbs in a week, swollen everything, headaches, floaters in vision) BUT my blood pressure was fine. was sent to L&D for bloodwork. was told if it was positive then i would have to deliver asap. well, i'm still pregnant and it wasn't positive. they said if they were to induce then i would have an 80% chance that it would fail and i would have to have a c-section. i go back friday for more monitoring and testing and may be induced then.

went to the doctor and i had all the signs of preeclampsia (gained 7lbs in a week, swollen everything, headaches, floaters in vision) BUT my blood pressure was fine. was sent to L&D for bloodwork. was told if it was positive then i would have to deliver asap. well, i'm still pregnant and it wasn't positive. they said if they were to induce then i would have an 80% chance that it would fail and i would have to have a c-section. i go back friday for more monitoring and testing and may be induced then.

Oh my gosh...drama! How weird though, all the signs but no high bp. Make sure you go straight in if your worried about anything. What a worry for you. Hope it all goes well for you xx

either way I look at it now ladies I am going to be having a big baby!!

Measuring 40 weeks pregnant today and Harvey dropped to being 3/5ths engaged.

Steph- Have they mentioned anything about inducing you early?

Bella- Hope all goes well for you hun. Fingers crossed :hugs:

Phew that it was negative though Bella! I hope it goes OK. So close now!

Wow Steffy!!

Stuffy, did they give you an estimate weight?

Put a call into the doctor because the headache and swelling has gotten worse. Have a little brown slimy discharge...light brown though. Hoping it's my plug.

Aw Bella, hope you are OK.

Has anyone thought about getting re-measured for nursing bras? I think I am going to go in next saturday and get re-measured for new ones. Hopefully they can advise me on what size to get for when my milk comes in.
Also do any of you know if when breastfeeding you need to wear nursing (non-wired) brasthe entire time you are BF? I want to wear pretty underwear again!!

Stuffy, did they give you an estimate weight?

lol... Stuffy love it!

Without scans they are unable to give a deffo estimate, but judgeing by weight gain in the last two weeks, midwife made a rough guess of between 8-9lbs at the moment. Probably not over 9lbs just yet, but if I get to 40 weeks Harvey could reach a whopping 10lbs +

my god steffy....good luck! mind you i think my wee boy is going to be a big boy too!!

congrats EMZ....we would love to know your birth story if you get any time!!!

bella good luck think this is it for you....we are all getting so close...i go in on monday and im hoping the stitch removal will start things...im soooo over it!!

Baby not engaged and still not turned around :( she estimated it will weigh 7lb 4oz!

Been in l&d all night and will be in until at least tomorrow morning. So miserable. They can't figure out what's causing the headache. Catscan showed nothing. Seeing a neurologist today and having a 24hr urine done. So far blood pressure has been fine. Also seeing perintology to speak about inducing and the risks of it being a csection. Although I'm petrified of a csection, at the point all this stress can't be good for my little bubs.

coco i dont think mine is engaged either....at least we know we will have a baby within the month!!!

ah bella you are having a shocking time...fx things move quickly for you and you feel better soon x

RANT WARNING!!

All of these nurses need to learn hot to keep their opinions to themselves. I'm tired of them telling me what's best for me and my baby. There is a reason youre a nurse and not a doctor!

The latest nurse just told me that I would regret it if I let them induce me because then it would be my fault if her lungs aren't developed and something goes wrong. Are you kidding me?

Aww Bella, im sorry your having a difficult time. You must really be on your last nerve now. I hope they can get to the bottom of it for you. Also, I thought past 35 weeks the babies lungs are developed??? Im sure your baby would be perfectly healthy if born now. Ladies have them every day at your stage, your classed as full term now!!!
Either way, hope all goes well for you.

Trixie and Coco, I dont think my baby has engaged either. Just feels really heavy.
Im sooo tired today, think I over did it yesterday with the cleaning, and have bit of a cold...rubbish!!
I also have a midwife app tomorrow, so fingers crossed all is well.

Oh ladies, when do they start doing internal exams??? Ive not had anyone go down there yet and Im a bit worried. x

THIS IS IT!!

Cervadil is going in tonight then induction in the morning. eek I'm so scared!

claire i dont think they routinely do internals in the uk....i didnt because of risk of infection and the doc wanted to leave well alone! but he started taking swabs from 32 weeks when i came off the antibiotic..........dont worry abt it though, its just like a smear, nothing to worry about. id say that unless you waters break, you lose your plug or start contracting they wont go up there....and at that stage you will want them to go up there just to get it out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->