january 2012 mums to be!!!!

Aww Trixie! Im sorry it didnt work for you, but at least you have another date planned and can be organised.
Speaking of hot baths, i had one the other day but it made me feel ill, might be worth another go now. Im so ready to have this baby now.

Sorry you havent noticed any change coco, me either!!

This is a bit off topic, but how have you all been with your oh's? We seem to be going through a rough patch and he seems really distant and has no interest in me. I know he wants the baby out soon, and I have been a complete nightmare with my hormones. Im just worried we wont have the same closeness we once had once baby is here?? He has alot of pressure at work and doesnt deal with stress well, so im wondering if this is part of it? Also, think cause im home alot now we have nothing to talk about apart from the baby, erugh, i dint know. Could really do with out this
Anyone had something similar or words of advise?

Sorry to be a downer ladies xx

my oh can be abit odd! dont worry i think its normal.....i try not to over talk the baby thing and it worked when it came to the name....he said to me out of the blue on friday "have you a name for him yet?" and i acted all cool and said, i think conor james... and he said he liked it and that was that!....i got him to put the cot up last week and he even cleaned the bathroom and toilets at the weekend!.....he was off for 2 weeks on xmas hol and is now back to work....thank god!!!

even when i went to get my stitch out onn monday he just left me up to the ward and went of to do some work stuff before work on tue....i said nothing....cause he has no patience and i loved the peace and quiet!!!.............

i think i have finally figured out how to work him after 5 years!!! he is not a cuddly person or very lovey dovey but shows me in different....

my advise is not to act bothered by him.....possible mid life crisis....let him get on with it!! he will soon wise up when your baby arrives!

Thanks Trixie and you know what...you're absolutley right!! I have learnt how to deal with him and moods etc alot better now. Its taken me 9 yrs!!! Im a slow learner. But it def helps when I back off, he seems to come round. Think this is how im going to deal with things now, I know I can be pretty full on sometimes. I always like to plan ahead, and think about the future and he is the opposite. He lives day by day.
With the affection thing, ive backed off and he now seems to be trying...men eh dont think i'll ever fully understand them.
But to sum up, we had a chat and things seem better. But I am backing off and letting him come round to things in his own time. Im almost ignoring the situation like you said and think it working.

Thanks again. Hope things go well for you, so exciting xx

Sorry to hear things aren't great with the OHs. Glad you had a chat with him though Claire.
I thought baby had calmed down but nope, crazy as ever!

im glad claire, i think relationships are hard work if you make it hard work! it feels like its taken me and james forever to get things right, but he was brought up on a farm in southern ireland and has a different mentality to different situations...

me and my family are very close and talk abt everything and he cant understand this!!! so i dont tell him the things we talk abt anymore and he doesnt bug me abt it....

dont get me wrong we have a fab relationship but i found that i had to change a little to adapt to the way he thinks in order to have an easy life!!!!! like cuddling or holding hands in public!!! he is 42 and im 32 so i think its an age gap thing too!

anyway....afm no labour pains yet, i reckon it will be monday when i get induced! think ill let him go on to work and take mum with me and call him to come when i start getting contractions!

Desperate to feel something, anything! Not even had braxton hicks. Don't think bump has dropped either.

Do you think if you have a lot of BH it means you may go into labour before your due date?

I was woken up at 2.15 by horrible stomach cramps... BH? Any discomfort usually turns out to be wind! But this was different, really not pleasant at all and I don't think it was gas!

Ladies....savor every last second of pregnancy. Enjoy every little kick, wiggle anD hiccup because you will miss it! Also, take as many naps as you can and enjoy the peace and quieT. I'm really struggling this first week between the pain of healing, pp depression and the oh so joyful breastfeeding.

oh bella i hope you ok, give it another week or so and you will be back to your old self....i would love to take your advise but i just cant wait to have him out....the pregnancy has been so tough, im hoping im going to have a better time when he is here!!!

Thank u Trixie....I'm just really struggling with breastfeeding. I know I want to stop I just don't know how and am so clueless....

if you want to stop just stop and give her a bottle...there are loads to choose from but aptimal is prob the closest in nutrients to breastmilk. your milk will dry up in a couple of days and your boobs will get back to normal in a week or so......just put loads of frozen cabbage leaves on them!!!

dont put any pressure on yourself! i plan to try to breastfeed but have my bottles and sterilisers bought!!

well ladies before I get swept away - just letting you know I am heading up to ADAU soon. The contractions are coming every 30mins-1hr and lasting not long, but I am more concerned about the fact the lump on my tummy is very very hard and painful, I am woried Harvey is being pushed against my pelvis with every contraction and he cannot pass through. That is a constant pain and has been getting worse all day :( that along with him not moving all day has got my worried. So heading up to ADAU to be safe... let's see what happens. I will make sure I text someone as I cannot access FB on my mobile.

Wish us luck...

Congratulations and good luck Steffy :)

A girl that I am friends with on FB that is due the exact same day as me has gone into labour today! :(

Past 2 nights I have been woken up by pains, feeling pressure low down and discomfort when baby moves in what I gather is my cervix! Feeling quite light headed and nauseous today and been going for number 2s (!) more often recently. I know this probably means nothing though, I feel like when I was trying to get pregnant again, symptom spotting!!

Nursing chair and stool arrived today :) so comfortable.

Went for a bra fitting but ended up ignoring their advice!! I was a 34B then at 12 weeks was measured at 34C and today she tried to get me to buy 34E! I told her that my bras are really tight and uncomfortable and she gives me the same size around! I wanted a bigger cup for when my milk comes in, hence the E! I ended up trusting my instincts and getting 36DD. There's still room to go bigger or smaller on the clasp so I reckon it'll be fine.
I also got home and immediately ordered a pretty one from Topshop's maternity range as I was annoyed at the thought of wearing such ugly bras for at least another 6 months!

How are you other pregnant ladies doing today?

Im still pregnant as well!
Hope things are going well Bella?
Coco, sounds like things are progressing a bit for you. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. I wanted one of those chairs youve bought but found them to be a bit on the expensive side, am currently looking for just a plain single chair.
Sorry to hear you are still prggers Steffy, but just think of the sleep we're all still getting :)
No news with me, feel exactly the same :(

Im still pregnant as well!
Hope things are going well Bella?
Coco, sounds like things are progressing a bit for you. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. I wanted one of those chairs youve bought but found them to be a bit on the expensive side, am currently looking for just a plain single chair.
Sorry to hear you are still prggers Steffy, but just think of the sleep we're all still getting :)
No news with me, feel exactly the same :(

Nothing since the cramps Claire :/ but still, a week to go before I get seriously annoyed!!
The chair was £95 including the foot stool :)

Here's my 39 week bump!

Attachments

• Jan 18th 39 wks 002.jpg
    Jan 18th 39 wks 002.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3
hi girls. recovery isn't going so well. 4th degree tear and stitches ripped open so they put some type of acid (silver nitrate) on to burn off the surrounding skin which will hopefully allow the wound to close. I have been in so much pain that i feel like i cant fully enjoy my little girl. luckily, she is an angel. she sleeps 4 hours eats and is up for about an hour then sleeps another 4 at night. here she is:

383114_673404994061_23000857_34026637_256999148_n.jpg

390784_673405203641_23000857_34026638_1186338472_n.jpg

408181_673405632781_23000857_34026642_2008316619_n.jpg

these were done in the hospital before discharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->