January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Aww you look lovely Londonkiwi!! Impressed you stiii have the energy to dress up!

Jessy that’s so ridiculous they asked about hb. I wouldn’t have a clue what is normal.

I have first hospital appointment here on Wednesday. Does any know if we have one at 38 or is next one 39?

Soph great photo! And Kiwi!

Jessy how frustrating I feel you though, my midwife doesn't inform me of very much at all I better go armed with questions at my next appt because if at 36 weeks there's no discussion about my birth plan I'll go mad. Not that I have one but she could at least ask me and take an interest. Found all her appts an utter waste of time.

I don't have hospital appts?? Just midwife ones. Had one at 34 and then every two weeks until 40 when an induction date will be set.

By the way....do I have to go along with an induction?? I'm all for baby's safety but it surprised me as I'm dead against induction before 42 weeks....I just was surprised by the assumption rather than a conversation.

Feels very much like a well oiled machine. One pregnant lady out, another in. Ergh.

Here my next app is 37 weeks then 39 i believe but if i am having a section 37 weeks may be my last.

Sorry I mean midwife it’s just my apoibtmebts before were in my GP practice and from now on will be at the hospital which I’ll have baby in. Ah ok then maybe I won’t have a 38 week one. That would make life easier because it falls the Christmas week which will be manic anyway.

Oh yes Soph....mine is Thursday Xmas week...I said can it not wait until the week after and she said 'why you going on holiday?' :haha: she seemed quite unkeen to defer until 37 weeks which is silly!

Lol!

I feel slightly neglected and thank god I haven’t ended up with preeclampsia again. I last saw a midwife at 32 weeks and I’ll next see one onWed at 37. I must just have 39 one after that where she will do sweep and then it’s c section at 40!

I think how often you ar seen depends on whether you are midwife or consultant led...I've been consultant led on both of my pregnancies so cant really comment if you are midwife led

I've got my 36 week review with the consultant today and I believe my last growth scan so I should hopefully know what's happening. I'm hoping they've found my notes from my last EMCS so I can make a more informed decision about my birth plan, if they haven't found them it'll definitely be a section whether its what I want or not.

I've also got DD home from school today as she's really not well...collected her from after school club yesterday and she came home and went to bed which was roughly 5:30 and she's still in bed now :-( she's got a bit of a temp and is coughing and sneezing but I'm keeping a close eye as there's been a few confirmed cases of chicken pox and scarlet fever in her school this last week or 2...really not what we need right now. I'm also gutted as its her Xmas play today and she's missing it - it would have been the 1st one I've seen as I couldn't get the morning off from work last year :-( never mind, there's always next year!

Oh no wills that’s such a shame! I hope she is better soon. Rubbish time of year to be ill.

I am consultant led.

Aww bless her Wills, hope she makes a speedy recovery.
I am also not well today... have an awful cold / flu. Woke in the night freezing then sweating then freezin. Have a terrible cough and I've been sick a couple of times during a coughing fit.. feeling sorry for myself over here!!

I have my 36 week growth scan tomorrow then consultant appointment on Thurs (I'm shared midwife/consultant led according to my notes) I'm over 37 weeks now but opted for this week as I'm not working. I then have the midwife on 27th Dec.

Soph, hope you feel better soon.

hey ladies,

Poor DD has been so ill today bless her, really high temp, coughing sneezing etc managed to get a quarter tin of soup into her and some fluids so am hoping she has a good night and is feeling better by tomorrow as I hate it when shes poorly :-(

AFM - had my last growth scan and baby is still measuring ahead and is estimated to be around 7lb as of today! Went in and saw the consultant and they basically still cannot find any notes relating to my previous EMCS and said its a joint decision on how to proceed. We chatted about what I believed to have gone wrong last time and also what my concerns were and this resulted in a mutual agreement of an elective section which has been booked in for 11th January when I will be 39+3. I have said if I go naturally before this then I want to try a natural birth but have the consultants word that if its not progressed as expected by 4 hours that I will proceed with a section. Now that I've got a plan I feel so much better but knowing my luck my waters will go the night before the elective section!!!

Has anyone else got a section date scheduled yet?

London - sorry to read you are poorly...typical that its as soon as you are off work! Hope you're feeling better soon though xx

Soph - hope you feel better soon too x

I’m midwife led, next app at 38 weeks, then 40 & 41 (let’s hope that one isn’t needed!)

Sorry to hear some of you ladies and your kiddos aren’t well, it’s a rubbish time of year to be poorly, and even worse when you’re pregnant!

37 + 3 today and my last day at work! Wahoo! My team gave me some lovely gifts yesterday as it was the last day we were all in together. Can’t wait for 4.30pm when I will be out of the building until Jan 19!

Am I the last one to start mat leave?

Oh wow well done you for going for so long Daisies!

Thats lovely they gave you a nice leaving gift.

I said the same when i left see you all in January 2019! Chances are i will need to return before then but sort of hoping i will find a different more suitable job and not need to go back at all.

Sorry your daughter isnt well Wills. Mine finished nursery last thurs and i must admit, she is driving me slowly insane. I just want to sleep and rest and eat and she is 4 and wants to play and play and play! Thankfully only this week is a full week then my OH will be off 2 days next week and 2 the week after before she then starts her new nursery on 8th January.

Sorry to hear that your daughter isn't well, Wills :( always a crap time of year for the little ones to end up poorly. We've had a sickness and diarrhoea bug here too but luckily it seems to have been a 48hr thing and has passed through us all now.

Sorry to hear that your also feeling a bit neglected Jessy :( I would absolutely question them next time you see them, for them to be so blasé about a difference of 2 weeks in measurements is shocking really. They need to be more on top of things than they are. Don't ever be scared to tell them that either, coming from a healthcare worker, it's so easy to fall into a rut of see one person, move on to the next, see them, on to the next and become very automated with people but you don't deserve that and sometimes they need telling, I would expect to be if I were treating you in that manner.

I've got my final (that I know of anyway) growth scan this afternoon and then an appointment to see my consultant next week, probably because of Christmas. Little lady is 'supposed' - and I use that term lightly, to be around 4lb 7oz now, but as she was around 3lb 7oz 4 weeks ago... I severely doubt that she is following the average this time which means I'll be booked in for a secondary GTT test, which will come back negative, like last time and like the last 2 I had with Logan. Waste of time, I just have bigger babies.

Wills I can't believe you have your date!! How excited must you be right now!! I won't get mine until I'm 38 weeks :O

Happy last day at work daisies! Hope it’s a good day.

Well that’s my section booked for 9th Jan when I’ll be 40 weeks exactly. Obviously I hope to go into labour before and will have sweep at 39 weeks but at least I know the definite end point. I do have another appointment next week at 38 weeks and then 39.

Yay for your last day at work Daisies!

Ohh Soph exciting that you have a date, baby will be here regardless in 3 weeks :)

I had my last growth scan today (37+2) she's estimated 6lbs 9ozs

Consultant appointment tomorrow.

Got quite a close up of her face today.

Well done daisies for staying so long! I'll be leaving next Friday at 36+3. Decided I can't hack it until +5 this week is proving tough!

Oh I'm so jealous of everyone not going back until 2019 :( I go back September 2018 boooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->