January Babies?

Aww beautiful scan lotti!

&list has been updated ladies

It's such a relief, i never know if little pulls or twinges I feel could be a problem but to see that happy little one waving and his or her heart beating, is just such a miracle :)

My doctor said I can even go ahead and tell people now, so I'm telling my grandparents and very close friends.

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a great fourth! I have a tough question for all of you. I had to deal with a very uncomfortable situation yesterday and I wasn't quite sure how to deal with it, hoping to get some opinions. A distant relative of mine whom I see quite regularly recently had a miscarriage at 4 months 2 Weeks approached me at a family gathering yesterday and sparked up a conversation about my pregnancy. I didn't think about it and just all her questions. I didn't gush or anything just light chit chat.but then she started saying she was very happy for me but also how jealous sure was. She reiterated this a few times before I finally Just had to look for a quick way out if the conversation. I didn't know what to say! She also kept comparing my pregnancy and hers very recent miscarriage and sharing all off her symptoms and everything. She was talking like she was still pregnant. (which is understandable) this also isn't her first..apparently she's had a few pregnancies which ended at around the same time.I don't know if I should avoid pregnancy questions around her or what. I never had to deal with this when I was pregnant with my DD. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Wow, well that's terrible news that she's having a hard time in keeping a pregnancy.
I would try and avoid the topic or change the subject if possible once it gets uncomfortable. DH and I have close friends who lots theirs at 6 weeks after trying for nearly a year, I try and only talk about a bit before changing the topic. It's for her sake that I don't want to keep going on it.
I'd suggest listening to her so she doesn't feel completely ignored but the comparing would be awkward. :( Not exactly what you want to be thinking about....

Just had my ultrasound and everything is really good...looking forward to babymoon on the Baltic Sea in 2 weeks...hope everyone else with appointments coming up has happy little babies as well!

Ours even waved to say hello! :happydance:

Yey! So pleased for you! Cross your fingers for me that mine goes as well :)

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a great fourth! I have a tough question for all of you. I had to deal with a very uncomfortable situation yesterday and I wasn't quite sure how to deal with it, hoping to get some opinions. A distant relative of mine whom I see quite regularly recently had a miscarriage at 4 months 2 Weeks approached me at a family gathering yesterday and sparked up a conversation about my pregnancy. I didn't think about it and just all her questions. I didn't gush or anything just light chit chat.but then she started saying she was very happy for me but also how jealous sure was. She reiterated this a few times before I finally Just had to look for a quick way out if the conversation. I didn't know what to say! She also kept comparing my pregnancy and hers very recent miscarriage and sharing all off her symptoms and everything. She was talking like she was still pregnant. (which is understandable) this also isn't her first..apparently she's had a few pregnancies which ended at around the same time.I don't know if I should avoid pregnancy questions around her or what. I never had to deal with this when I was pregnant with my DD. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It's a very difficult one. I think I'd try & stay clear of the pregnancy topic as much as possible.

She might feel like she should make an effort to show she's happy for you & is therefore trying too hard & it's going wrong. Or perhaps she really wants to talk about her pregnancy but hasn't had the chance to, in which case I think you're the wrong person to talk to anyway!

I think you're doing the right thing - just keep it short & change the subject.

I'm having the opposite problem with my sister. She has been TTC for a year now & I accidently got pregnant. She was nice about it when she found out, but since then has never mentioned it & snaps/makes rather short remarks if I talk about it within earshot (eg to my mum - my sister is often at their house as mum looks after her daughter). She's never said anything nasty, but it's very clear she's not enthusiastic. I understand why, but wish she could be happy for me. I do understand as I MC'd not long after she had her little girl, but I made a huge fuss over her daughter. Even though it broke my heart a little I was so pleased they had their little family & my neice was beautiful. I just hope she comes around (or even better, gets pregnant!!).

You should absolutely NOT feel guilty about being pregnant. It is understandable that a woman who recently MC'd or has had difficulty TTC would feel envy but it's inappropriate for her to actually discuss it with the pregnant woman! Then to go so far as to say she is jealous over and over AND discuss her miscarriage with you? Awkward and downright insensitive. She can discuss those things with ANY OTHER non-pregnant girlfriend. We preggo ladies worry too much as-is without hearing unsolicited horror stories.

It is reasonable to expect the same level of respect and sensitivity from the other woman that she deserved during her difficult situation. I don't know if she was working through unresolved feelings, but, as with any loss or difficult outcome in life, she absolutely must be responsible for her words and actions.

You did exactly what you should in a difficult situation. Well played.

Hello girls :hi: my I join this thread?
I'm also due in Jan the 17th (my b day is the 19th!)
my ticker is a few days off, I had my 12 week scan today and I'm measuring at exactly 12 weeks.
This is my 2nd kido, I have a DS who's 6yrs old and is thrilled for a little brother or sister (he wants a brother) I also have a 9yr old step daughter (she wants a sister)
I'm SUPER excited to add to our family, DH and I had been ttc for over a year before our little miracle. My dr was ready to put me on clomid and while I was waiting for a new cycle to start, so I could start it, I got a susprise BFP!! We were SO happy to concieve naturally!

So glad to join you ladies on this adventure into the new year!

Good luck blossom! I have my fingers crossed and thumbs pressed for you!

Good luck blossom! I have my fingers crossed and thumbs pressed for you!

I'm back now. It went well, but really quickly as they were running late! I've been put back a few days to 10+6, but that meant no NT measurements could be taken so I get to go for another scan on Thurs 19th when I should be 12+5 :)

Think OH was more emotional than me in the end!

Thanks for the good thoughts! x

Hello girls :hi: my I join this thread?
I'm also due in Jan the 17th (my b day is the 19th!)
my ticker is a few days off, I had my 12 week scan today and I'm measuring at exactly 12 weeks.
This is my 2nd kido, I have a DS who's 6yrs old and is thrilled for a little brother or sister (he wants a brother) I also have a 9yr old step daughter (she wants a sister)
I'm SUPER excited to add to our family, DH and I had been ttc for over a year before our little miracle. My dr was ready to put me on clomid and while I was waiting for a new cycle to start, so I could start it, I got a susprise BFP!! We were SO happy to concieve naturally!

So glad to join you ladies on this adventure into the new year!
We have the same BDay!!! It's funny that babies tend to be born near when one of the parents are....

JCh that's so cool we have the same baby!
When is your due date? I am 12 weeks 1 day today so were exactly a week appart.
My best friend was prego last year at the same time, our due date are just days appart, she had he little girl on Jan 10th, about 2 weeks early though

Do you have a motherly feeling about the gender yet?
I have a really strong feeling its a girl, iv had it since the day I found out I was prego!
Yesterday I had a 12 week scan and I asked the tech to look "down there" fo a moment whil we had time and she said it could be either but it was clearly the 3 line sign!

JCh that's so cool we have the same baby!
When is your due date? I am 12 weeks 1 day today so were exactly a week appart.
My best friend was prego last year at the same time, our due date are just days appart, she had he little girl on Jan 10th, about 2 weeks early though

Do you have a motherly feeling about the gender yet?
I have a really strong feeling its a girl, iv had it since the day I found out I was prego!
Yesterday I had a 12 week scan and I asked the tech to look "down there" fo a moment whil we had time and she said it could be either but it was clearly the 3 line sign!
Due date is Jan 10th, so we're 1 week off from each other.
I've kinda got the boy feeling going on, so have most people who have guessed so far but we'll see - still have a while to find out :(
Now I have a reason to like January - I didn't like having a bday in winter or that close to christmas but this will make it better!
I just can't wait to find out the gender! This is my first so it's not disappointing or anything if it's either gender.

I know what you mean about a winter b day, it kina sucks lol
I grew up in Fl (til about age 13) so most of my childhood I got to enjoy nice weatheer for my b day, although I always did have to share a b day with my little brother, his is the 16th, so needless to say we had one big b day bash! Lol
But when my parents got divorced I moved up north to PA and have spent every b day since cold and snowy :-(
I totally know what you mean, def gives the cold month of Jan a different meaning :)
Although I don't look forward to bundling up a little new born in snow suits to take her/him out for apointments, stores, etc.... for the first few months lol

This is my second pregnancy. I have a son from a previous marriage. And DH has a daughter.
So either boy or girl its going to be a first for one of us :) I kno DH is secretly wishing for a boy but he'll be happy either way

Blossom, that's funny they put me at 10 weeks 6 days yesterday too! but they aren't changing my due date cause she says there is a five day margin of error. So you get to see your little one again at 12 weeks 5 days? I can,t wait to hear how it goes!

I have to wait til 19/20 week for my next ultrasound!meanwhile my parents sent me the cutest care package from america with some cute maternity tops (that could be really cute even before I start showing) and two bars of chocolate, one pink and one blue covered with wrapping paper. The card said the one I open first is the gender and I opened the blue bar, soo maybe it will be a boy. I thought it was a really cute idea :)

I'm going to tell everyone they aren't allowed to give "combo" gifts. A birthday is seperate from Christmas :)
I hated getting combo gifts growing up! Plus with the cold weather/ snow - I always had to have indoor birthdays. Lucky you having those early years somewhere warm, I'm SO jealous!
But you never know, this baby might love winter and winter activities....

I was dated 5 days earlier at my 8 week scan but it's being kept the same.... We'll see at the next one - whenever that is....

Lol I still laugh at myself when I think about how extremely excited I was the first time i saw snow! I thought It was SO great
Now that I'm older and have to drive in it.....not so much.
I only own a 4wheel drive suv, there's no other way lol

Blossom, that's funny they put me at 10 weeks 6 days yesterday too! but they aren't changing my due date cause she says there is a five day margin of error. So you get to see your little one again at 12 weeks 5 days? I can,t wait to hear how it goes!

I have to wait til 19/20 week for my next ultrasound!meanwhile my parents sent me the cutest care package from america with some cute maternity tops (that could be really cute even before I start showing) and two bars of chocolate, one pink and one blue covered with wrapping paper. The card said the one I open first is the gender and I opened the blue bar, soo maybe it will be a boy. I thought it was a really cute idea :)

How weird :) Could end up with babies at the same time!

They haven't changed my due date really either, gonna wait & see after next scan. I'm not 100% on the date of my LMP as the pregnancy was a nice surprise, so I knew it could move. I'm excited about seeing it again!

Your family sound lovely... what a sweet idea! It reminds me of the care packages my parents used to send me when I was at University - always made me cry (in a nice way). Will they come & visit when the baby arrives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->