January Babies?

I have decided to get a private 2D scan done at 15 weeks. It determines gender, you get 5 scan pics, 10 minute DVD, and 30% a future 3D or 4D scan. This is the smallest package offered and costs $79. (3D scans start at $165.) However, I'll get a 3D scan at 20 weeks.

I'm so excited about this. DH and I are making this a date! :)

This place starts gender predictions at 14 weeks, if they can't tell or baby doesn't cooperate. You get a rescheduled visit free. If they predict the gender wrong, you get your whole package refunded.

That sounds awesome! Good luck, I hope your little bean coorporates :) do you have a date yet?

I wonder if they do them here in pa?
We have an ultrasound school here in town and you can schedule a visit and let the students scan for free, its practice for them and a free scan for you. Everybody wins! :)
I'm going to try and go in august

Blossom, that would be too cute to have same day births :)

My mom will come for the birth to help me out and all. Then sometime after that we are going to try to fly to America so my friends and family back there can meet him or her. My grandma is getting very old and I really would love for her to meet the little one, so that's our plan for now anyway.

We have to get registered with the American embassy very quickly after the birth to get the paperwork that we need so the baby can be both German and American. my husband is German so we will be having a bilingual baby :)

My husbands cousin is due six days before me and my step sister 4 days after !!! January is gonna be baby busy :)

Blossom, that would be too cute to have same day births :)

My mom will come for the birth to help me out and all. Then sometime after that we are going to try to fly to America so my friends and family back there can meet him or her. My grandma is getting very old and I really would love for her to meet the little one, so that's our plan for now anyway.

We have to get registered with the American embassy very quickly after the birth to get the paperwork that we need so the baby can be both German and American. my husband is German so we will be having a bilingual baby :)

That's lovely that you'll be together for the birth & how wonderful that the baby will learn both languages. I'd love to be fluent in another language, but haven't put the time in to get beyond holiday phrases in French & Italian.

We have friends in America with family in the UK & they don't find the journey too difficult with they're LO, so I'm sure you'll be manage it. I would have loved my grandmother to meet my son & the little one on they way. She'd be very happy that I'd had a boy as she always said she preferred boys!(I never took offense as we got on well!) :)

Yes, it will be really nice :). I am excited about the language, but I'm still nervous that Im not fluent. I hope I understand the other moms well enough!

Haha sounds like he would have made your grandma very happy! My grandma does not seem to have a preference but my father in law wants a son badly, he mentions it every time he talks about the baby, it makes me a bit nervous he will be disappointed :/

How old is your son? Have you told him he is going to be a big brother yet?

He's nearly two, so it's difficult to know how much he understands. We keep telling him there is a baby in Mummy's tummy & when we used to ask if he wanted a brother or sister he would laugh & say no as though it was the most rediculous thing on the planet, but he's stopped doing that now & just says OK.... Except today I asked him what was in Mummy's tummy and he said "a cow!" LOL!

Don't worry about the sex of the baby, your families will fall in love with it either way. So many people I know we're adamant they wanted a boy or girl, but got the opposite & now can't imagine having anything else.

That sounds awesome! Good luck, I hope your little bean coorporates :) do you have a date yet?

We have an ultrasound school here in town and you can schedule a visit and let the students scan for free, its practice for them and a free scan for you. Everybody wins! :)

That would be so awesome. I scheduled it for July 26. :)

What a great idea! I don't think we we have this in the UK.

Wow. I think it kinda sucks that you have to pay for scans.
All the basic maternal care here is free. Appointments, scans and blood tests.
Anything extra (3d scans, extra work requested by the mother) has to be paid though...

I am on cloud 9! everything was a-ok and bump was waving at us during the scan! I even got my gtt results and I am not diabetic, she said my results couldnt get more perfect. Bump was wiggling around all over the place, the scan tech had a hard time getting measurements. They put me forward by 3 days, so my due date is now the 19th of Jan. I AM SO HAPPY!!

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 8
January 19th here! Anyone around the same date interested in being bump buddies?

My date may change tomorrow as we have our 12 week scan! :D

Hey CharlieO same date as me! Interested in being bump buddies?

xx

I am on cloud 9! everything was a-ok and bump was waving at us during the scan! I even got my gtt results and I am not diabetic, she said my results couldnt get more perfect. Bump was wiggling around all over the place, the scan tech had a hard time getting measurements. They put me forward by 3 days, so my due date is now the 19th of Jan. I AM SO HAPPY!!

Great pic!!! :happydance:

Yey! So happy for you!...and it really is a beautiful picture!

Hi can you add me to the list! I'm due 14 January 2013. We had our scan last week! After 3 years of trying after our miscarriage this baby has never been more wanted! X

I'm almost there with you girls! My due date is Jan 17th

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->