January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

I had been wanting a banner to put in the nursery with the colors we want to do, but the ones on etsy I liked were a little too expensive. My bff and I went to good ole hobby lobby and found little wooden banner triangles for half off (so a dollar each) and some little wooden letters. The wooden banner is white and gold, we painted the letters coral, and found mint colored ribbon w/ white polka dots and made our own banner...I spent a whopping $13! In the next few weeks I'll start cleaning out the room that's going to be her nursery (although I'm not sure she'll be in it for the first few months).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 5
Omg vrogers it's beautiful!!! Love the name Lillian too. You're so creative!

Aw thank you chitown!! My dh actually thought of her name and it stuck. It's so fun to try to be all crafty especially when it's cheaper haha

Vrogers - Love it!! I love etsy.. for ideas. I can't stand the prices most of the time. If it's something I can do I will do it and often I come up with something better.

3 1/2 hours until my A/S I am so nervous I am getting nothing done here at work. I feel like I am going to puke.

Chit own- love he pictures of wee Ellie, especially of the feet, that is so amazing!! I love how they can capture that.

Vrogers, Lillian is a beautiful name and I love your wee banner! Cute!

All the best for your a/s danser!

Danser - I'll be thinking about you till you update!! You should have taken the day off, you deserve it!

really nice Vrogers!

danser55- thinking of you...

my 20 week scan tomorrow morn :D so excited and nervous at the same time xx

Thanks everyone. I hope I can report back this afternoon or tomorrow with good results. H's grandma passed away last week, so we have funeral arrangements and things to attend to the rest of the week. When it rains it pours for H & I.

danser - congrats! So glad you passed! Good luck on the A/S today. Keeping FX all is well for you. I'm sorry to hear about the funeral also. So much to deal with. :hugs:

chitown - a girl? Congrats!!

Thank you, ladies! I agree Ali, I've stuck to getting ideas from etsy for now, just not able to spend all that money for something I could make myself cheaper!

Danser, thinking of you Hun. I felt sick and was completely worthless when it came to getting anything done beforehand as well. Update us as soon as you can! Also I'm so sorry about his grandma. Both my grandparents on my dads side passed within 6 months of each other last year, took it a lot worse than I thought I would. I hope he's able to remember the good times as well as grieve.

20160821_171329-1.jpg

20160821_171411-1.jpg

I'm the same way, I made these to be hot air balloons for the theme "Oh The Places You'll Go". I didn't like any of the store bought stuff Sonim making my own. They were selling these for 50 dollars on etsy! One of them is messed up so I gave to fix it. I also made the garland to match, it took forever but only cost around 5 dollars to make and they are outrageous on etsy!

PhotoGrid_1472051816765.jpg

This is my 18 week bump pic!!

Looking forward to your update danser!!

Froggy - Cute decorations and bump!! Can you believe we're all starting to look pregnant for sure!

Oh my goodness froggy, it looks amazing, as does your bump! Where did you find the instructions to make the garland? I have a few on Pinterest I'm looking at making! Everything looks so cute!

Thanks!!! I found it on pinterest, that's my go to for anything. It took a long time but wasn't hard, just tedious. I wanted it to look more full than the ones I had seen so I made more. It's just tissue paper and I used twine to hold it. The instructions said to use a dot of super glue but I didnt, I was able to twist it tight enough to make it stay, it has stayed together since October when I made it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->