January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Vrogers - everyone told me at the time you just won't care, but I actually really did care! And cared after too! If you are a private enough person you just do. But I still survived! It was definitely nice having someone who knew what she was doing!

Froggy - great idea! Another L&d nurse mom! It's so good to have an advocate in there, as you said.

Froggy- your mom sounds amazing! I'm sure it will be comforting having her there for you guys!

Literati- I have a strong feeling I'll care haha but like you I'll get through it and try to remember they have seen and done it a thousand times

I just want to share the birth with my DH. I personally couldn't imagine any other members of my family there however, I'm really excited for the first visiting time and get to share a special moment with my family at that point. The birth is just something I want to remember with my husband. :)

I don't care about the nurses and doctors seeing, although if it was anyone other than DH I would. I also know a lot of nurses around here from going through school and I DO NOT want one I know personally to be there when I deliver my child. I'm a private person and it would bother me especially if there were one I went through school with. I don't want to have my next one where I'm currently going for care, so I really should decide where I'm going.

It'll just be me and my husband at the birth. There is no one else I would want in there with us. The hospitals around here are strict with visiting times, so visitors will have to wait! Suits me :thumbup:

It's great some of you have such great relationships with your mum's that you'd feeling comfortable having her there with you. In all honesty, I couldn't think of anything worse but then my relationship with my mum isn't the best sadly.

Slammer congrats on the boy!

Vrogers- I am private as well, and it will only be DH & I in the delivery room. I haven't discussed it yet but I am hoping H will be ok with not telling any visitors to come by ( mostly grandparents) until we have had a few hours to bond.

I've been miserable since last night and got freaked out today, but luckily a quick call to my OB calmed everything down for me. Two words anal fissure. I don't wish this on my worst enemy.

Danser that sounds horrible!! Hopefully it heals soon. I couldn't imagine.

Danser- exactly how I feel!! And oh goodness so sorry, that sounds unpleasant! I hope you feel better soon!

My mum was amazing at the births x

Have you told your mum yet that you're pregnant? :)

Yes finally! Lol! She is ill at moment though :( and we were not getting on at all....but hopefully she can be better soon. (Mental health...I know you know how frustrating it can be).

I had my mum at births as I was so young. My sister was unintentionally there as fast labour, then I wanted her at 2nd as she was so helpful. My MIL was there by accident as fast labour but it was ok. I didnt care at the time!

We are considering saying no visitors for 3 days...its my OH first...he has 5 brothers all close in age so dont wanna restrict too long?

pompeyvix- congrats on the boy!!! lovely news.

danser- oh my goodness, sounds awful. hope you feel better really soon!!

Anyone else feeling superemotional? the smallest thing sets me off. not sleeping too well either, and feel like it's all getting a bit much at times.

Congrats on boy pompey :-D

With my first I had my mum and dad with me through labour and delivery, my second my dad and my best friend at the time.. by my third I'd got a more clear idea of what I wanted was a bit older and as much as i love my parents I wanted my third to be natural and a little more private so i had a home water birth, mum and dad were there but in the next room and I just had my doula in the room with me.. I actually left it too late to call midwife and ended up delivering myself with just my doula present, it was lovely (although scary and wouldnt wait so long again!), my 4th again was at home..

This time it will be just my partner and doula with me. My parents wont be in the house at all. This is my last and I want it to be very private and to share it with my OH.

I generally don't like visitors other than my parents for the first day after giving birth, then close family can come but friends I prefer to wait a week or so. This is my partners first baby so I'm more aware of not letting him feel pushed out so we will have visitors when he's ready and has had some time with Evie just ourselves.

I'm a bit overprotective after giving birth anyway and won't usually allow anyone to hold baby unless sitting down on the sofa with me next to them. Even my mum who obviously knows what she's doing, but they all understand my anxieties with this and generally don't overdo it with handling of baby in the first days.

Yes. So emotional. Went to chessington yesterday, left at 7am and got in door at 9.45pm SO tired x

Danser hope your feeling better soon!

Ally - I'm the same, I don't sleep great anyway but I'm quite emotional at the smallest of things, I have had a few tears last day or two when I think about how soon it's actually going to come around, a mix of being excited and nervous all in one. Everyone is talking about how close Christmas is and getting excited for that and all I can think about is how I'll be in my last 3-4 weeks of pregnancy then.. I'd be lying if I said I'm not a bit scared at how fast it's all going.

anababe and midnight fairy- glad i am not alone. I normally sleep through the night and sleep so well, so not sleeping well is tough for me... but maybe i better get used to it. I hope he is a good baby that sleeps a lot!
i can just tear up at anything, right now house is messy and making me emotional. We still have to buy baby things, but part of me is reluctant, i dont know why. Maybe it makes it all feel really real, and that it is all going to be so soon..

out of interest- im thinking of just a moses basket on a stand for baby at first, but what are you guys doing? moses, crib, co sleep? i feel like i know nothing about baby stuff.

We have a moses basket but my 3rd ended up co sleeping so we have hired the NCT next to the bed crib instead x

I have a moses basket for downstairs for daytime sleeps but I co sleep at night, I can't even cope with a sleeper next to the bed baby is in bed next to me from day 1. It's so much easier when breast feeding and the only way I can get any sleep otherwise I'm constantly waking and checking if everything is ok. Plus they wake so often for night feeds it's easier just to have her next to me latch on and go back to sleep than keep getting up out of bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->