January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

With DD we had her crib next to the bed until we moved the crib in to her own room at 7 months. With this one we will probably do the same but play it by ear as to when to move her out of our room.

Breastfeeding was a big part of the reason I started co-sleeping plus DS just would not sleep without me. I was in the middle of nursing school and couldn't get a wink of sleep. So into bed he went with me. I'm really hoping not to do it with this one, but it's crazy how breastfeeding can make it so much harder. I definitely want to keep baby close though so I'm thinking a co sleeper that attaches to the bed. Then at least I don't have to get out of bed, but baby is still sleeping alone. Then move him to crib when he starts sleeping longer periods. Which will be in our room.

I could not sleep last night, but without thinking I drank too much caffeine. I drank a stronger brew of coffee without thinking about it. I decided to have a cup to keep my bowels moving and whoops. Baby was sure calm compared to last night, but I wouldn't. Won't make that mistake again. Just glad I don't make it as strong as they say to make it.. I feel bad enough as it is!!

As for emotional. I'm definitely more emotional. I was crying over characters dying on a TV show which is not like me at all. I'm more emotional than I ever was after becoming pregnant with my first son, but during pregnancy it's 100 times worse!

We will do a bassinet next to the bed until I feel he has a strong enough neck that he won't get in a bind.

I have been super emotional. I just was almost crying yesterday because I made a pizza and I couldn't find the pizza cutter and the pizza was too hot for me to cut with a knife and hold steady with my other hand. I was pretty hungry and couldn't wait one more second. And I cry over every movie now.

I also have my nights that I'm awake till 3!

Danser, I hope you feel better!

Thanks everyone. I feel somewhat better today.

I think for the first few months I want to do a pack and play in our bedroom, then move her into our nursery.

We dont have a spare room. Babe will be with us till moves in with DD2...but thats ok...im not expecting a good sleeper so probably another 3+yrs co sleeping lol DD2 still sneaks in with DD1!

I tried with my third to do it by putting down in a moses basket at night but my babies have been so greedy and waking every half hour.. I lasted a night and back in bed she came.

Just thought I'd share my 21 week bump.. it's looking more bump now than bloat I think but I still feel like ive put loads of weight on lol! :D

Attachments

• phpcZDtvNAM.jpg
    phpcZDtvNAM.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 5
I think i will aim for moses basket and co-sleeping, thanks all for replying :)

glad to see im not the only emotional one then, i dont think my dh knows what to do.

anababe- defo looks like a big beautiful baby bump :)

froggyfrog- your story about the pizza is making me emotional!!! my SIL said she once burst out crying because her DH bought pink toilet roll instead of white.... the things we cry over could make quite an interesting thread haha.

I am still co sleeping with my 4 year old :blush: I expect she'll be one side and the baby will be in a cot with the side down next to the bed. We will leave it completely up to Anabella what she does sleep wise when he does arrive. Right now she is saying she wants to stay with me, but she maybe more inclined to try her room again once she realises what a newborn is like! But we'll see. We have a moses basket from last time, but we'll keep it downstairs for daytime naps.

I am also super super emotional. I also have no patience when it comes to my husband at the moment :(

midnight - I didn't realise things were tough with your mum right now and she has MH issues. It's tough isn't it. My mum is pretty bad all the time :(

What a lovely bump Anababe!

Lovely bump anababe!

As its my first I'm not sure what We'll do with sleeping arrangements. I was thinking Moses basket, but also something that attaches to my bed. The co sleeping thing scares me slightly as I roll about a lot during the night so I'd be scared I'd roll over baby! obviously ive no real experience so don't know. 🤔

Sunshine - You'll be amazed of how aware you are of your baby. It's always best to be safe and follow co-sleeping guidelines, though! You'll find something that works for you.

I really enjoy co sleeping, but at the same time it's caused its own problems. Like now DS would much rather sleep with me so if I'm up and he wakes up next to DH he'll go looking for me. Makes some awful goodbyes in the morning when he starts crying and is obviously heartbroken when I leave. He generally won't fall asleep without one of us as well. I know he'll independently sleep some day.

Also when I work 12 hour days, sleeping is about the only bonding time I get with DS. It won't be any different with our next. Makes it hard to not allow them to be next to you when you know they miss you.

I will have a bassinet by my bed and will try to use it as much as possible (especially in the newborn stage when they are so delicate!) but like quite a few others, I'll probably just end up co sleeping. I had to laugh at midnight fairy's comment about being "too lazy." I am the same! If anything can buy me more sleep, I go with that. Dd is still sleeping with me, but she does spend the first few hours of the night in her own bed. Really don't feel comfortable sleeping with 2 in the bed, so I am hoping I can transition dd to sleeping by herself before the baby needs to sleep with me.

I am not so much emotional as really, really cranky and impatient. Everything irritates me, especially my husband! It has felt like 4 long months of bad PMS. I get a lot more emotional when the baby is born, but I actually enjoy that because I find it very relieving to cry (I think I tend to bottle up my emotions otherwise)!

Sunshine Star- its my first too, don't feel like i know anything really, this is why i love this site and forum!

Literati_Love- yesterday i felt in a mood with my hubby all day, then this morning after a good sleep i wake up and feel so much better. Must be so confusing for him, one day i hardly talk and avoid him, no cuddles and next day i'm the opposite.

x

I used to sleep curled around babies if makes sense? So knees up and I used to stay in same position...even when asleep. You just are aware of them. I found I used to fall asleep anyway, which was unsafe, so I decided to make the bed safe for co sleeping instead. I once woke to my D raspy breaths and she was blue and very ill. I am glad I was next to her to hear x

Bedsharing for sure. DD slept on my chest for a couple weeks, then moved to a bassinet, then bedsharing at 3.5 months when her sleep went to crap. There were times early on when I wanted her in bed with me but I resisted because I felt I "shouldn't" and didn't want to set up "bad habits". What a waste of time worrying about that. One of us still sleeps with her most of the time now and she's nearly 3. It's how she is and I don't care. She'll sleep independently eventually. Hopefully this one will be a better sleeper, but if not at least I'm prepared to just go with the flow!

I'm finally feeling a lot more definitely movement. Lots yesterday!

They educate "in the crib on their back", but I think they should stress that it is the safest, but if you're going to fall into co sleeping then also provide education for that. So many mothers don't get the sleep they need because baby will just not sleep well without that comfort. I always felt guilty and like I was doing something wrong because he was in bed with me. Breastfeeding seems to make it so much harder as well.

We went to my cousins 10 year anniversary celebration. My son succeeded in stealing even more hearts. He had a blast running around with his cousin and totally expected him to pass out on the hour long drive. Nope. Not even when we got home past his bedtime.

I, too, struggled with guilt and even embarrassment over co sleeping with dd! I didn't want people to think I was unsafe and ill informed, because I wasn't! That was simply the only way dd would sleep, and I needed sleep too, so I made it as safe as possible and just went with it. I actually also felt safer co sleeping because I could constantly monitor her breathing and check on her in the night. However, with a bassinet beside you, you can also check on them quite closely. :)

I sleep exactly the same ad Midnight.. curled around baby. It's pretty impossible to ever roll on the baby and it just makes feeding so much easier. I have a very light cover over me that doesn't go over baby and baby has her own small blanket.

I too was very embarrassed especially with my first as I'd set out to do everything 'properly' however fell into co sleeping when I kept falling asleep during feeds which was dangerous so I started to find safer ways to do it properly. I would lie to the Health Visitor and say I use a moses basket until I got to my third baby and I stopped lying as I'm confident and happy with the way I sleep. I now tell them from the start they don't need to explain to me about 'safe sleeping' as I do it my own way and in my opinion to co sleep is the safest way to sleep (for me personally, obviously what works for one doesn't for everyone)

My only concern because I've never had to deal with it before is co sleeping with my partner in bed with me with a newborn. We have a kingsize bed but he's not the lightest of sleepers so we need to discuss the best option with that.

I am so unbelievably irritable and impatient and argumentative with OH at the moment it feels like we are on a huge roller coaster fighting like crazy one min and fine the next.

Baby is fine today though very active and starting to get a bit more routined with her movements. I'm just finding I'm finding it difficult at night and starting to get a bit short of breath when lying down. Forgotten how uncomfortable sleeping starts to become the bigger we get!

Midnight_Fairy- makes sense, and agree with the other, co-sleeping seems natural and easiest way to check on baby. We are going to buy moses basket too, just for sleeping during the day.

slammerkin- yah for the more morement, it's lovely isn't it :)

AliJo- your son sounds adorable, but you must be tired haha.

Anababe- sorry to hear your having a hard time with OH, it must be harder on top of the preg hormones. Hope things get easier for you both. I haven't found a pattern to movements yet, but they are quite regular.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005...e+'n+care+2-in-1+bassinet+and+incline+sleeper
We're leaning toward using that bassinet beside my side of the bed for her first several months. I liked the halo bassinet but dh likes the price of the above bassinet better and I like that it has an incline option.

Dh finally felt baby from the outside but I had to ask him about 5 times to put his hand on my stomach and then it freaked him out to feel and see my stomach moving haha. I'm not really noticing a pattern yet as far as when she moves, but she does move more when I drink or eat certain things or move positions. I only feel her when I'm sitting or lying down, haven't felt anything when standing and moving around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->