January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

AliJo- hope your day goes ok and isn't too stressful

midnight- ive had quite bad heartburn and don't feel like eating much, but i feel massive anyway i don't mind not feeling too hungry!

My belly also feels huge and uncomfortable already. I kind of hate it. It's just going to get worse. Pregnancy sucks when you're small and short.

haha let us know if the test worked midnight fairy!!

slammerkin- i am small and short, already have my days when i feel so uncomfortable.

I'm the same very short and my bump is already starting to feel big. But trying to make the most of it now because I get huge by the end and with my back problems I imagine I won't be very mobile when I'm really big.

So coming back from my third ultrasound, and I'm so happy, they did a much better job then the other place. And..... ITS A GIRL!!!! most importantly baby looks good and healthy

Congrats on having a girl momtastic!! So exciting! I'm really tall, but still find myself uncomfortable sometimes. It's just the beginning though!! Tomorrow is my anatomy scan and 20 weeks!!!!

Congrats ladies on all the gender scans!!

Sorry I've been scarse around here. DH was out of town for several days. And then the day he came back, DS came down with pink eye! the next day, I caught a bug. Spent most of the weekend in bed (that k goodness for an amazing husband and a 3 day weekend!) trying to recover. It turned into bronchitis and I wound up in the er yesterday for it (since all the doctors offices were closed). I have a long history of bronchitis and pneumonia. Really glad I didn't let it sit another day as the pneumonia tends to come on extremely quickly. DH is out of town again today so DS and I are just hanging out at home. In any case, with all of that, I have had no energy to get on and read/catch up!

To add to a couple of the conversations- with maternity leave, it really does depend on the company here in the states. When I was preggo with DS, the company offered 12 weeks leave (full salary) plus whatever vacation time off you had accrued to that point (we got 4 weeks a year with a bit of time accruing each week). Fathers got 4 weeks paternal leave that could be used anytime in the first year. It was awesome but one of the better policies. Still way behind most of the rest of the world though.

For sleeping, DS was a TERRIBLE sleeper until he weaned at 17 months. Now at nearly 2.5, he is a dream. 2 hour nap during the day and 10-11 hours at night. We partially co slept with him until he weaned. All at the same time he stopped nursing, STTN and in his own bed. With this one, rather than a bassinet next to bed, we will get an attached side sleeper for the first 2 months. Then transition into a bassinet in their own room. From there, its up to baby. Praying they are even a margin better than DS but if not, I'm prepared lol. I Dont see myself stressing over it as much as I did with DS.

Have been feeling baby move every day for a couple weeks now. You can also see nearly all their movements from the outside so its fun getting a little show every day lol.

Sorry about feeling uncomfortable at night for those dealing with it. I'm tall and am also having night issues so you're not alone!

Is anyone still suffering with MS? I finally cracked and called my doctor for meds. Have been taking diclegis for a few days. Have definitely seen an improvement!

Sorry I can't reply to everyone but thinking of you all and hoping you're doing well! Here soon we are going to be hitting v-days!!

Momtastic- congrats on the girl!!

Froggy- good luck at your scan tomorrow, can't wait to hear how it goes!

Kk- so sorry you were sick but glad you caught it before it got worse. Also glad the MS meds are working. Thankfully I haven't had a bout of sickness since 15 weeks, MS is awful.

KK - I am still having occasional bouts of MS. It has become less and less, but even this morning I very nearly threw up from the smell of our fridge. Thankfully, I feel well enough the majority of the time now that I don't think I need meds. I'm glad you finally got some! It sounds like you're really suffering. I am definitely looking forward to getting rid of these icky hormones which make everything smell yucky and make me unable to drink my beloved coffee! Pregnancy isn't the most fun in the world! Haha.

Momtastic - congrats on the GIRL!

Sorry to those of you who are so uncomfortable already! I'm
Not too bad yet but definitely getting there.

My ultrasound appointment is in 4 HOURS!!! Woohoo! :happydance: Really hoping we can find out the gender and that baby is very healthy! I will update you all after.

Momtastic101- congrats :) lovely news

Froggy- best of luck tomorrow!

kksy9b- sorry to hear ypu've been unwell! glad you are better now. I never got MS at all, but i feel for you, and hope you feel full relief soon! my main issue is heartburn, its such a nuisance!!

Literati_Love- good luck!! looking forward to seeing update :)

for those with heartburn- my SIL told me to have airwaves menthol chewing gum- worked a treat. Feeling much better. Worth a shot! x

Good luck tomorrow froggy!

I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night may be 4. I am exhausted, work was hellish today and probably will be all week. Is it Friday at 5pm yet? I hope this week goes by quickly. My stomach already feels heavy. I had a hard time sleeping I was so uncomfortable my back was hurting I couldn't get comfortable. Meanwhile I love that I am feeling so much movement.

How was the appointment, Literati?

Ally, thank you for the heartburn advice, tums didn't work the couple times I used them so I figured I would have to just deal with it, but will now try that menthol gum!

Well the ultrasound went well. The tech was training another girl, so we got to listen to her explaining everything as she took all the pictures, so that was helpful.

Here, the tech isn't allowed to tell us if the baby is healthy or not so I really have no idea. I assume if there had been a big problem they would have seemed more concerned or gotten someone to look at things though. So hopefully all is well?

But we found out it is...another GIRL! Woohoo! :happydance: I think DH was initially a little disappointed, but we have both processed it now and are very excited! Everyone is surprised though because they all guessed boy!

So glad to hear it went well! The tech that did mine wasn't allowed to say a whole lot either (although she did say everything looked good), I had to meet with my doctor directly after the u/s. Yay for another team pink, congrats!

Congrats Literati! I'm excited about two girls too! Our techs can't tell us if healthy or not either, frustrating isn't it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->