January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Froggy hopefully the placenta moves! With DD I wanted a natural birth - no drugs or anything. I ended up with a c section after 20 hours of labour and pushing :haha: these kids have minds of their own! I was scared of a c section too but it was OK really. This time I'm opting for an elective c section.

froggyfrog- glad all went well in your scan :) my DH has only felt him a few times, once DH puts his hand on belly, baby goes quiet haha.

Anababe- glad you put yourself first, you need the rest and sleep much more than him. Hope you get better more restful sleep now.

newbie2013- will be praying for her... hope shes ok.

My movements are random, sometimes weak, sometimes strong, sometimes hours without anything, other days he's much more active.
I'm off to Italy on Monday, cannot wait!

So I'm back to work and I have to say this week has been HARD, and it's only been 2 days! :dohh: The first week of school is always exhausting and my feet always hurt ut this is worse. Yesterday by lunch I could barely walk. I'm just not used to being on my feet all day with this much extra weight. And I feel HUGE. Though people keep telling me that they think I'm still "so tiny" for being this far along. Probably helps that I've been exercising so I haven't gained a lot (size wise) in the rest of my body, it's all mostly in the belly.

Had my OB appointment yesterday. According ot my apps I'm 22w, and I change over on Monday's so yesterday I was 22+2, but when my nurse was checking my paperwork she mentioned 21, and would be 22 tomorrow (which is today). I wonder how they are different from my count...or if they have the date of my LMP incorrect on their computer. I don't know if it is a real big deal to be a few days different?

They also said that it looks like my placenta was a little low, so they would probably order another US in 3rd Trimester to make sure it moved out of the way. She did say not to worry because she says it's still in the normal range just a little on the low side.

As for the short/small ladies - I' with you. I am so uncomfortable already. :(

Oh and as for movement - I wasn't feeling a lot, especially now that I'm at work and moving all day, but last night she was kicking up a storm and moving around a lot. Hard enough that i think we might be able to feel her externally soon (as in DH will be able to feel it) ! Of course, part of that was after I got home and nad it had been a 12 hour day between when I left the house and got back so I had a small mountain dew (yes, bad for me, but I avoided caffeine and sugar all day and needed a pick me up to make it the rest of the evening) and so I'm sure she was all hyped up. :p

Literati - congrats on the girl!! Our tech couldn't say anything either. She went directly to show the scans to an on-site doctor (scan isn't at my doctor's office) and then told us things looked good and my doctor did a follow up at my next standard appointment. I think the only thing the onsite doctor would haev talked to us for was major things.

Momtastic - Yay! A girl! congrats!

froggy - sorry about the placena previa. :( Hopefully that resolves itself or they can do something? I don't know much about it just that it can put you on bed rest early.

Anyone else's nails amazing right now? Mine are like never before! Just had a manicure (thank goodness they're so affordable here) and even my manicurist couldn't believe it. They're stronger than they've ever been and growing like crazy. Wonderful symptom!

The teacher's wife is all good - what a relief

Newbie - My nails are so weak but during pregnancy they are amazing! Glad she's well!

Angel - My feet are always about to fall off half way through my 12 hour shift. They aren't getting use to it. Hopefully it's different for you.

Ally - Italy sounds exciting!

Anyone noticing any amount of swelling? Mine is just slight but it's starting. I can feel it more than I see it. It's just a small amount so I couldn't tell till this morning and checked again.

Ali, my feet started swelling at 20 weeks, pretty much on the dot. If I'm on them even for a short amount of time they swell and become a little painful. If I put them up for about 30 mins they are okay but it's really annoying!

Vrogers, it's definitely is! It got really bad with my last pregnancy.. I had to find loose shoes because they always swelled so much. I looked like a walking sausage, I swear! I gained so much water weight in the end I was swollen everywhere. Not excited for that. It got to the point where they were swollen 24/7 no mater what I did. Thinking about maybe getting some compression socks or leggings.

I haven't had swollen feet yet, but I'm sure it's coming. I'm sorry for all of you ladies having a hard time being on your feet.

It looks like I may have GD. My urine tested positive this morning so they pricked my finger and my blood sugar was super high. I have to go back tomorrow for my one hour test. I have been crying all morning. Yesterday placenta previa, today GD.

Froggy I'm so sorry! I'm glad they caught it, but that doesn't make it any easier. Let us know how it goes.

Froggy, I'm so sorry to hear that! You've definitely had enough. Let us know how tomorrow goes.

I had a minor scare today. Since yesterday I've been feeling the baby less and of course went into panic mode after googling. I finally called my doctor office at about 11 this morning thinking she would just have me come in for a check up, but instead she told me to go ahead straight to L & D at the hospital. They monitored baby hb and my blood pressure for about an hour, then sent me for an u/s. I started feeling baby a ton while waiting for the u/s and wanted to kick myself. In all my dh and I were there for about 5 hours. They told me she's measuring a little behind, but I don't really believe that because their u/s machines are CRAP. I'm pretty sure they're older than me, and the girl doing the measurements was being trained. So I'm not too worried especially since everything else looked really good and I've been feeling her now.
I'm usually a calm, chill person but the past few months being pregnant I've been so on edge and worried, it's ridiculous. I have an appt with my doctor the 19 but it's supposed to just be a boring, measuring the tummy appt unless she decides to take a look after today.

Anyways, I'm exhausted now (and starving as all I ate before going to hospital was some crackers) and I feel horrible for taking dh away from work just for us to be told everything is fine. Also side note, L & D is terrifying to me haha. All the men carrying around their gf/wife bags and the people anxiously waiting and just the atmosphere and knowing I'll be there in a few months, it's a weird feeling! At least I'll know exactly where to go now.

I hope everyone is feeling well and relaxed! Definitely ready for the weekend now.

Vrogers, I wouldn't feel bad. I'm sure your DH would rather be safe than sorry as well. We would honestly do anything for our LOs and that includes looking crazy!

froggy I'm so sorry.

Vrogers- better safe than sorry. Glad the baby is ok.

Froggy, sorry about your news! I'm high risk, so we may end up dealing with this together. Hope it can be controlled easily.

Vrogers, so pleased that baby is okay.

We heading to the beach today! We're only going for a few days, but it is enough for me. We're treating ourselves to a hotel that's adults only :) we figured that it would be the last time in several years that we'd be able to and also it is a national holiday weekend and all the hotels will be packed with families - including kids from my school. I accept that I'm going to see them out and about in the town we're going to but I'd prefer they didn't see me squeezing into my swimmers!

Have a great day, ladies!

Morning all xx

Haven't been around much I've been so manic with work. Hope you are all keeping well and all babies growing nicely.

AFM I have felt baby is more in a routine now with movementa etc. I can even feel it whilst I'm moving around at work. These movements have always been very low and always to the right however last night baby did a huge shift in position and all night and morning I have little pokes coming out of my skin at the top. I live having a posterior placenta with my previous two I was only ever able to feel nudges but with this one I can feel and see most things.

Baby really freaked hubby out this morning, baby was moving around and all of a sudden (I can only imagine being a leg) poked right out of my skin and hubby jumped a mile hehe.

Lately I have been getting restless legs and terrible cramp in my calves and toes I want to cry.

I've also had terrible heartburn :(

My last post was regarding my hormones and was concerned about how they are making me feel however they have settled lots and lots now. I think it helps when baby is being so active. Also I have just found out one of my best friends who conceived her daughter through ICSI has just found out she's pregnant again NATURALLY!!! I'm so happy for them both

Is anyone else tired a lot. I'm literally going back to being absolutely exhausted by 6pm again.

Only 4 days until V DAY and 3 weeks until third trimester eeeekkkkk

Angel5000- hope you get some rest!

newbie2013- not noticed any change in my nails

AliJo- no swelling yet... but i know it might be coming.

froggyfrog- so sorry to hear you are having a rough time :( thinking of you, let us know how the test goes x

vrogers- you did the right thing, always better to be safe than sorry. And you need to do whatever puts you at ease. Glad baby is ok. I panic on days i have less movement, but my midwife said baby is still small, and can move around a lot and can easily shift to a spot or position where you can't feel it much. She told me they would not be concerned about changes in movement until after 27 weeks.

newbie2013- have a lovely time. I'm off to Italy on Monday and its our last tripmbefore baby, so really want to enjoy it, and relax.

shobbs- nice to hear from you and glad baby is nice and active. I have the heartburn and restless legs too. Not feeling too tired, but i do get tired more easily. If i go out walking or been active all day, i HAVE to lie down and doze for a while.

my wee man was super active yesterday, i love it. My clothes are getting even tighter, need to do some shopping...

I've been back in the classroom for almost a week now (TGIF!) and I'm happy to be back,and loving my kids, though my feet are KILLING me and I'm really sore at the end of the day. :( A lot of my former students are stopping by to say hi and say how they miss me and wish they had me again for math this year ( teachers favorite thing to hear <3 ). I cut all my hair this summer to very short so I'm getting a lot of "OMG You're Hair!" and then I stand up or turn around and the follow up statement is "OMG You're pregnnat!!!?!?!!" :rofl: Word spread pretty quickly after the first two days and a lot of kids stop by just to see the bump. :haha: And then of course they're like "ooooh now we know why you missed so much school in May/June". :dohh: Apparently there was a rumor I might have cancer :dohh: Glad I Set that straight!

Whoever mentioned swollen feet (sorry can't remember) - Mine don't look or feel swollen so much but I suspect they are getting bigger because the other day a pair of my work shoes felt like they were way too small and my big toes were getting squished. Very odd for me. I decided yesterday and today to wear my Sketchers Memory Foam FlipFlops to work (because screw it I'm pregnant and what are they going to do? :p ) and that saved me a ton of pain. I suspect I'm going to live in these until January! :haha:

Froggy - :hugs: I'm so sorry. :(

VRogers - better safe than sorry! I'm glad all is well!! I was a little panicky after the first two days back at work because I was'nt feeling her move at all, but now she's back at it again (just only in the evenings) and I suspect being on my feet all day is what's stopping me from feeling her. But if it had continued I would have def called my dr too.

Shobbs - I'm having bad calf cramps too! :( And exhausted. I think I'm going to spend 90% of hte weekend in bed! :haha:

Thank you ladies for the reassurance that I did the right thing! When my mother was pregnant with me I apparently slept a lot more than the average baby and my mother kept having to drink cold/sweet drinks and then when I was born the doctors had to pull open my eyes to see my eye color because I was sleeping...so maybe my baby is doing the same.

Can't believe how close we all are getting to v-day and even better 3rd tri!

Six hours in the car = beach and super swollen feet... don't care, so worth it!

Newbie - Enjoy your time at the beach! Sounds lovely!

I definitely can tell the more I move the less active little man is. Usually when I sit still for a few minutes he starts to move around. I still feel him occasionally, but pretty sure the movement puts him to sleep.

I have a feeling things are just going to speed up for me. Usually once I hit the 2 week appointments time starts to disappear. I only have one 4 week appointment after this one! It's crazy to think about. Not only that we have all the holidays to occupy our time with!

DS's birthday is on Sunday! I'm going to be a mother to a 2 year old! It's so crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->