January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Oh thats frustrating. When I had gender scans I signed a form aboit contacting hosp if things were wrong.

Love hearts worked for heartburn BUT am concious of them during the night. Everytime i have a baby I get teeth issues after lol so really dont wanna go down that route again!

Momtastic and Literati - Congrats on team pink!

Kk - Sorry you have been unwell :hugs:

I'm not feeling great today, I'm so tired and after a really busy week so far I just feel drained. So having a quiet day today.

I'm 22 weeks today and still not had a scan with it all being delayed after the move. Finally got an appointment for next Thursday when I'll be 23+1. They have said it will be a limited scan and not as detailed as it's being done late but hoping all is ok.

Momtastic and Literati - Congrats on team pink!

Kk - Sorry you have been unwell :hugs:

I'm not feeling great today, I'm so tired and after a really busy week so far I just feel drained. So having a quiet day today.

I'm 22 weeks today and still not had a scan with it all being delayed after the move. Finally got an appointment for next Thursday when I'll be 23+1. They have said it will be a limited scan and not as detailed as it's being done late but hoping all is ok.

Same happened to me. Did you move county etc? Or hospitals. They said it wouldnt be detailed but it was. When I had DD1 my scan was 23+4 I think dont worry xx

Congrats on the girls ladies!!

I have AWFUL heartburn. I take medication every morning and even then sometimes it comes back by bedtime. Nothing little helps so I take Zantac which doctor suggested. I also sometimes get a gush of fluid up my throat from my stomach almost like I have a hiatal hernia. Happened with my first then went away after delivery, but if I have heartburn and that happens it's so disgusting plus burns so much worse! Pretty much I have 24/7 heartburn after I eat. Tums worked in the beginning, but it's too major now.

Yesterday at work was awful. I walked in the door and a hour and half into my shift something major happened. I went from 1 admit to 2, and ANOTHER major event happened. Everything kept piling up. I said after a few hours that I was going to leave till 10. I get out at 6.. I was right. I was off a quarter after 10. How I managed to not cry is beyond me.

On the good side of yesterday.. I turned 23 weeks! Less than a week for V-Day now! Came home and DS was still away, although he should be in bed. That was okay because I really needed to see him and his excitement. He snuggled down into me and closed his eyes and kept smiling.

Congrats on the girl literati!

Ana- hope you get to feeling better and that the quiet day helps

Ali- that sounds terrible- the heartburn issues and long day at work. Are you off today? Glad you were able to snuggle with your LO at the end of the night. Happy 23 weeks!

AFM, spoke too soon about not having nausea issues. Hit early evening and stuck around most of the night. I have an appt tomorrow so we will see what the doctor says.

Kk - Yes I am. I would definitely be crying if had to go back! I'm sorry about the nausea, did you have this much trouble when you were pregnant with DS?

Congrats literati!

I had my anatomy scan today with the MFM. My OB wanted it done with them because apparently IVF babies are a slight increased chance of heart defect. The baby wasn't fully cooperative, and she couldn't see everything she wanted, but she could see that he has four chambers and they are all pumping the right way. But everything else loos good with him! I have to go back in 4 weeks to see if he is laying in a better position to check his heart in further detail. I will also have to go back at 28 weeks to make sure his growth is on track because I have hypothyroid, and she also wants to keep an eye on my placenta because so far I have placenta previa. She is confident that we still have plenty of time for it to move, so I'm trying not to stress about it. I just really don't want a c section, and I'm on pelvic rest so no doing the deed :(

Froggy - I'm so happy baby is looking good!! I always worry about placenta previa when I get pregnant. I'm so sorry you're dealing with it! Is it a full or partial or do you not know? Really hoping it moves so you can have a better chance at a vaginal birth!

Alijo, i think it's a partial. It's the edge of the placenta laying on the cervix, not the middle.

Froggy- glad the scan went well! Not that I'm an expert but I recently read something like 90 percent of placenta previa at 20 weeks will move from the cervix as the uterus grows, so it seems like it's most likely that it'll resolve itself. I don't know if that helps at all though because I know myself well enough to know I would STILL stress over something even with high chances it'll resolve!

Froggy - That's good! Much higher chance of it resolving!! Keep us updated!

Thanks ladies.

Vrogers, I read the same thing. I'm not stressed to much about it, just the thought of a c section scares me, but if that's what has to happen it is what it is.

A new teacher's wife, who is pregnant, due some time in November, started having cramps and leaking fluid today. They're new to the country and obviously freaking out. They managed to get a doctor's appointment tonight... pray for her and her baby, please. Hopefully everything will be okay!

Thanks, everyone!

froggy - sorry you have placenta previa! I really hope it moves well in time for the birth! That is interesting you get an extra scan because of being hypothyroid. I am hypothyroid as well, but they do absolutely nothing extra to monitor me besides regular blood work to make sure my levels are in check.

My baby is breech this time so I am also really hoping baby will move long before my due date! I never had this worry last time as my dd was in the perfect position the entire time.

Newbie - I'll keep your fellow teacher's wife in my thoughts! Hope the leak stops for her or they can at least keep baby in there a little longer safely so there is more time baby to mature! I'm glad she's further along than us.

I can feel baby moving up high and down low at the same time. Really makes your realize how big they're getting! I didn't ever feel anything like this with DS due to having an anterior placenta. I mostly just felt movement up high.

Any time I am still for more than a couple of minutes, I feel movement. so reassuring to know baby is isn't there moving around. Sometimes it is only small movements, other times it is solid kicks.

Dh is also getting really excited about the baby coming so that he can be more involved. Great to hear!

Midnight - Yeah different county, it's taken ages to do the transfer. But glad I've got an appt now and can't wait to see baby again!

I've had a super quiet day today nit left the house and getting an early night now so hopefully will feel back to normal tomorrow.

I videoed baby moving earlier can see my bump jumping it's so lovely. She's so active whenever I eat or drink or sit still she's off wriggling around.

I've had to kick OH out if bed for the night so I can have a full night sleep.. it's awful but he's such a pain to sleep with he sleep talks badly, snores and it's like a constant battle all night fighting for cover he doesn't just take it a little bit he will completely remove it off me and wrap the whole duvet around himself leaving me with nothing at all.. he's obviously asleep but never know anyone so unaware that they are sharing a bed with someone.. especially as we have been for over a year! So I've made him swap my son is in with me and put OH in my sons room.. it's caused so many arguments because I'm so tired in the morning and he wakes up totally oblivious to what has gone on all night. Not his fault but it's a nightmare to live with. Do hoping for a good sleep tonight and feeling much more awake tomorrow!

Literati, my regular ob wouldn't have done anything more than blood work for my hypothyroid, but because she sent me a the MFM, they want to do one.

I'm feeling him move a few times a day, occasionally it's hard enough to make my bump move. I'm really sad that dh has yet to feel him. I try to get him to come when he is kicking, and as soon as he puts his hand on my stomach he stops kicking. I told dh that he must calm him down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->