January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Vrogers - I agree with everyone that you definitely did the right thing and you shouldn't feel bad. I went to the hospital at 39 weeks for Reduced fetal movement and they did make me feel sort of silly, but you just have to do what's best for your baby, and taking a risk just isn't worth it.

As for feet swelling, mine are not visibly so yet, but they must be a bit because I also couldn't get a pair of shoes on the other day! I have no idea how I'll manage through the winter this time. Last time was summer and I could literally only fit flip flops so that was perfect. This time I will have to wear boots, and I am really worried that not even my Uggs will fit me! like Ali, I had intense swelling by the end. My feet were gigantic and couldn't even fit in slippers, and I was swollen everywhere else too. *shudder* I really hated that!

I am feeling lots of movement as well, but still not as often as I'd like. Baby is definitely more active at night and a bit after lunch. I have felt a few kicks on the outside but DH has yet to feel any. This baby is breech so all the kicks are low down. I am used to kicks up high and punches down low with my dd, so this seems odd to me!
I am showing SO much this time and look more like I did around 27-28 weeks with my first.

Sorry about those of you in pain from being on your feet all day, or suffering leg cramps and other ailments! I am lucky in that I get so sit down all day and I have not been in any pain yet. I also haven't had any leg cramps since the first trimester, so that has been nice.

For whoever asked if anyone was still quite tired (was it Angel?), I am still very very tired and have no energy to do anything ever. I only have a sliver more energy than I did in the first trimester. I feel like I got a better reprieve from fatigue in the second trimester last time.

I am only ever on my phone, so I can't usually remember names and such to reply to. Sorry about that!

newbie enjoy the beach so jealous.

work has been hellish this whole week, so glad it's Friday and we can relax this weekend.

When do appointments usually go to every 2 weeks?

I'm wondering the same thing ? I had an appointment this week and I know that my next appointment is 4 weeks out, but I'm wondering if after that it goes to 2weeks or if I have another 4 week one?

Generally 28 weeks. That's when my OB changes over to two week appointments. I have my next appointment then just one 4 more week one which puts me at 28 weeks.

It depends on the dr though. My dr never went to every two weeks. She just switched to every week in the last month.

Yeah, it definitely depends on who you're going through and even where you live. It seems like a lot of places use 28 weeks or around there, though. At least around here. The last month is when my OB switches to one week appointments.

AliJo- any nice plans for your son on sunday?

danser55- hope you have a relaxing weekend

whats everyones plans this weekend? i had really restless legs last night, went to sleep really late. Have yoga class and then going to do some shopping, need some looser clothes.
had a lovely moment this morn, the boy was moving loads, just lying in bed feeling him move. It was like a really active few minutes and then he stopped. Moments like that i dont mind the heartburn, tiredness and weight gain haha :)

Ally2015, totally agree. Those moments of movement are remarkable. dh got to feel several strong kicks last night. Loved it.

Is anyone else having this issue. Non pregnancy related. Every time I come to this site, pc or phone, it downloads f.txt or tries to. It's so annoying.

Someone posted in the help section. It's not just us at least. Hopefully they resolve it soon.

For DS's birthday I'm just having a couple of people over if they want and making him a cake then doing presents. Probably take him somewhere fun. Make the whole day about him basically. I'm going to do a jello poke cake with cool whip frosting and since I'm afraid it won't decorate well I'm making a banner to stick in it for him. He won't care either way I'm sure! It's fun to get crafty, though. He's also getting a fish tank, but since I've been reading into fish more I realize he's probably not going to get the fish for awhile. At least get the tank set up so the process is started. He's getting the glofish and they're not cheap so I'd rather not kill them right away.

I'm also only ever on my phone which is why I lose track of why said what!

We have a few days left in New Zealand before we fly back to Canada. Mixed emotions! Will be nice to get back to more of a routine though. DD starts preschool a few days after we get back.

Vankiwi, totally understand. Leaving is always hard but getting back to a regular routine is also good. Safe travels!

Newbie yes I bet you do understand! It's always hard to leave but nice to be back too.

Breakfast, nap, swim In sea, nap, swim in pool, nap, showers, nap, long relaxing stroll, dinner, dessert, sleep... life is tough :)

Newbie - That's my life goal! To retire and just enjoy relaxing! Also hobbies!

My hip is killing me today. We went for a walk yesterday and it's been awhile since I went for a walk involving hills, so I think that's what did it. I was having some severe RLP to the point I had to stop and give myself a minute several times. It of course came right back as soon as I started moving. After relaxing last night I got up and could hardly walking my right leg because my hip was hurting so bad/giving out. Still hurts today, but at least I don't feel like I might fall.

Busy getting cakes baked and finishing wrapping some of his small gifts. Hoping he'll grasp opening them this time!

Vankiwi - how long have you been in New Zealand? Sounds so lovely.

Ali- sorry about your hip pain! I've had some mild hip pain a few times but nothing too bad yet. That really sounds terrible! Hope your DS enjoys his birthday party!

Ali, sorry about your pains. Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your son's birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->