January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

My stomach feels so heavy, as she gets heavier and heavier. I may ask about a support belt at my next visit with my OB this week. Less than a week until viability.

sorry about your pains Ali, hope you feel better soon.

i'm off to Italy tomorrow, so not going to be on this much till i'm back (next saturday). Wanted to wish you all a nice week, hope it's stressfree!
x

Have fun in Italy, ally! Hope you are able to relax and enjoy yourself

My hips are pretty painful this evening. DD and I did some weeding this morning for fun and we went to two playgrounds later, so I did a fair bit of standing. I need to focus on being more active (not counting today) so I'm not going into labor a complete out of shape mess.

Slammer, I've been feeling the same way about being active. Before getting pregnant I used the elliptical 4-5 times a week. First tri I was always exhausted and/or sick, and got out of habit. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've done it since being pregnant. I do walk once a week with a friend but actually just got off the elliptical and plan on getting back into it, maybe 3 times a week to start. I'm nervous about how hard it's going to be to lose weight after giving birth!

Ally have a great trip!

Literati - been here 2.5 weeks so far, and we head back on Friday. Will be nice to be back with DH! This is DD's third trip here.

Sorry to all of you feeling pains!

Vankiwi - that sounds wonderful! It will definitely be nice to be back home though.

Vrogers - everyone is different and some people have more trouble than others, but I wouldn't worry terribly about losing the weight after the baby. I gained quite a bit with my dd, but still lost it all in 2 months without watching what I ate or exercising. In fact, with BFing, I could eat like a total pig and still lose weight! Haha. I know not everyone has that experience, but I wouldn't overly fret now about losing it, even if you're unable to stay very active during the pregnancy.

Hi all.

24weeks 😊

Been emotional and busy all weekend. 2 birthday bbqs...hectic.

Feeling meh and fed up lol xx

Literati - yes, it's funny about the "home" thing, it depends which country I'm in as to what I call home! I've been in Canada for 7 years now so it is like having two homes!

I always forget what it feels like to be 'normal' when pregnant! Trust me that you will get energy back and things like power walking with pram will help weight drop off. I hate walking right now, everything hurts! But I remember I will get the energy back...even if it does not feel it right now!

Yep, expat living does that to you! Home for me is either here or there. I think it helps that my mum doesn't live in the house I grew up in anymore. I'm no longer homesick for a place but the people. My brother is about to move back to my home state, so I can't wait to visit next summer to spend time with my whole family together, including my own lo. Hopefully dh will come for some time as well.

I'm looking more and more pregnant and definitely feeling heavier. Baby has been super active. Almost every time I'm sitting still, within minutes, my stomach is twitching - makes dh grin every time :)

Midnight - this is very true! Having a baby might make you very sleep deprived, but I definitely have more energy and motivation when I have a baby (once I'm past the initial healing stage) than during pregnancy! It really is hard to remember what 'normal' feels like during pregnancy!

Vankiwi - that would be very interesting having two "homes" so to speak! What brought you to Canada? I also live in Canada. :)

Thank you for the encouragement, literati! I have heard that breastfeeding helps which I plan on doing (for many reasons) and I know everyone is different and I shouldn't freak out too much over it, I should be proud of what my body will have just done. Hopefully I can ease back into working out as soon as I'm able and maybe that will help too!

Newbie that will be lovely! I'm hoping we can all go back to NZ next year for a month or so, maybe for Christmas, but it'd be easier to do when baby is smaller!

Literati - we originally just came for a year for something different! 7 years later we've got engaged, married, bought a condo, have a daughter and another on the way! We love living in Canada but still miss stuff about NZ, especially family. It's hard bringing up kids and them not knowing their family very well and vice versa.

Have fun in Italy Aly I love it there!

Work has calmed down some which is great. I am however now getting nausea at night. After my dinner and it sucks. I have brownies I want to eat.

Danser, I've been craving brownies! My dh came back with some store bought cheap kind and it just wasn't the same as making them. Sorry you are getting sick at night!

Happy V - DAY to me :)

Yay congrats - happy v-day!! Gosh, a baby the size of a cantaloupe just sounds so big, blows my mind!

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well - I haven't checked in for a while because of my trip to Vegas and a 9/15 work deadline. Vegas trip was lovely. 9/15 deadline not so much.

Happy vday shobbs!!!! How exciting!

Sorry about the sickness danser, I would probably cry if I had brownies at home. I have completely changed my diet starting Friday. I failed my 1 hour test on friday, so I'm here now for my 3 hour test. Only one arm is cooperating so all of my blood draws have been from the same side. Only one more draw to go in about 10 minutes and then I'm going to chug some water and have a snack. I think I need a nap after this!

Congrats to those who have made it to v-day! I'm not counting v-day at 24 weeks. Sadly, the health care here isn't the same standard at the US so I wouldn't hold out much hope for a premature baby surviving at all until at least 28 weeks :-(

Hope everyone is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->