January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Froggy - very sorry you failed your test. Maybe you will end up passing the 3 hour! I don't even know how I'd cope if I failed the test...but thankfully I won't have it done until 28 weeks so it would only affect my diet for the remaining 12 weeks. :p But even so...I love my treats!

Newbie - sorry the health care isn't so good. At least it's extremely unlikely your baby would be born before 28 weeks!

Danser - sorry about your nausea in the evenings. I am still a bit nauseated as well, but mostly during the day. I still can't even think about coffee without wanting to vomit...which sucks. I could really use a caffeine jolt these days!

Vrogers- you'll do great! You definitely should feel good about your body growing a whole person! And I'm sure you'll be out walking and exercising in no time after.

Literati, I hope none of our babies are born before 28 weeks. I hope they all stay safe and sound for as long as possible. Our group has already had enough loss. :hugs:

froggy so sorry you failed the 1 hour, will you take the 3 hour now? I took the 1 hour failed it but passed the three hour. They have me do the test again in a few weeks since I am at risk for GD. Not looking forward to doing it again. I hope you don't have to worry about GD

Newbie- may I ask where you are from?

My nausea got a bit better as the evening went on last night so I had one small brownie before bed. It was wonderful. I'll have to finish the rest tonight, ya know before they go bad.

V-day for me as well!! Can hardly believe I'm 24 weeks already!

Had a long day at work and almost didn't take a lunch so I had more time to get stuff done. Thankfully I did, though. I really needed that time to unwind and get away from the stress. I was able to get in and get done and out a half hour over. Which is pretty much the quickest I ever get out.

Newbie - I'm sorry health care isn't great there. I definitely hope all our little ones stay in until term!

Froggy - I'm sorry, that's rough. Hopefully you pass the 3 hour!

They'll probably have me test again at 28 weeks for GD. Hopefully they don't let my blood sit too long this time. Although, that's better than failing.

My check up is Thursday. I'll be happy to hear the heartbeat again!

im in italy so just dropping on to say hi

congrats on v day shobbs!!

danser- sorry to hear about the nausea! hope you feel better soon...

glad you had a nice trip chitown!
baby has been very active, i love it. very hot here, loads of walking yesterday. really tired me out, but today until friday i am just at a conference now so its more chilled out. x

I have a return scan tomorrow to get the pics the tech wasn't able to get last time, and then a regular appt with an NP. Need to talk to her about my refusal to take the 3-hour test and show my logs of my blood sugar testing the last few weeks. No indication I have any problem maintaining normal levels. I have no intention of doing the test at 28 weeks either. It's a waste of my time. But they'll probably just treat me as if I have GD anyway, so I need to find out what that means in terms of more tests/monitoring. Not looking forward to this appt, but at least DH is going with me.

I've got to get better about checking in. LoL. Honestly I'm so tired after work now that I'm coming home, eating dinner, watching an episode of TV and passing out before 8pm! :wacko: I guess that's what being on my feet all day does to me. I'll have to modify this in a few weeks I think and sit more, which is hard when I'm teaching math, but I know other math teachers who do it...it just isn't my style. :/

As for the activity bit: I'm feeling the same way about being active. I spend a lot of time on my feet as a teacher, and I'm still trying to get to the gym but not as much as I did before and I'm definitely finding my hips/feet are really painful after a day of activity. I've been thinking I've got to get more active and exercise because I don't want to be too exhausted during labor.

Froggy, I'm so sorry! That has to be rough to deal with. My friend had it as well and they just had her monitor her blood sugar. Hopefully that's all you'll have to do.

Slammer, hope your appointment goes well! Hopefully they'll work with you without a fuss.

My hip is hurting from standing all day yesterday. I kind of want to go for a walk today, though. Maybe do a shorter one and just take DS to the park and back instead of going to the park then taking the long way home. I just keep hoping it'll get better if I keep walking.

Angel - I hope you can find a way to sit more while teaching.

Froggy - very sorry you have GD! Hugs.

Froggy- I'm sorry about the GD! Did they tell you how they will handle it?

Ali- sorry about your hips! My main complaint right now is still the swollen feet, as well as uncomfortable at night (finding a comfortable position and then always being too hot and having to pee a few times is annoying).

Yes, we will start with diet and I will record my blood sugar for them to review at each appointment. I have a nutrition class on the 26th and I will get my meter and learn how to use it. I'm really glad they are letting me try to balance out on my own before meds, I really didn't want them. But if I have trouble keeping my numbers in check we will have to go to that.

That sounds like a good plan, froggy! I don't blame you for wanting to try first without meds. The class sounds like a good idea, I'm glad they offer that.

Froggy, I'm glad they're letting you try to manage without medication. I think you can do it as long as your body can manage.

My hands and feet are both swelling. I'm waiting for the swelling to be obvious and the doctors and nurses telling me to watch my sodium. Honestly.. It never mattered last time. I can feel my hands swell, but also my wedding ring gets hard to take off. Probably going to have to put it up towards the end.

:( sorry about swelling. Does the heat make it worse?

Saw MW this morning. All ok. Fundal height, bloods and HB ok.

Anti D in 3 weeks
28week app booked

Xx

Heat can make it worse. I think it's from just being up and moving around. In the morning it's not there.

I have my check up in about 7 hours. Going to go shopping and look for some Halloween decorations afterwards. My husband came home with 40 6 packs of juice because they had them marked down to 50 each (normally like 4-5 dollars). They aren't going bad or anything the store is just redoing their grocery section. My kitchen has been flooded.

Glad your appt went well midnight! I have to have the anti D shot as well, I think it'll be at my 28 week appt.

Ali, that sounds like my dh. He'll come home from the grocery store with all kinds of things because "it was on sale!" Sounds like me when I buy clothes haha

My 24 week check up is Monday, no u/s this time, just the boring stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->