January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Vrogers, he works there so he definitely knows a good deal when he sees one at least. I ended up going in and buying more. :dohh: Not for us, though. My stepmom wanted me to go in and grab things the facility or she might use since she is at work. Pretty much took the rest of the juice then some cans of crushed and diced tomatoes. 20 dollars for something that would have been over 100 isn't anything to complain about.

I'm hoping along with Halloween shopping we get the tank today, so I can start cycling it. Reading reviews I think I'm going to have to order a different filter. Glad he got a "fish fund" from his DH's parents. It's going to take it all then some! It'll be a nice investment, I believe. I always wanted a fish tank and I'm hoping to do it right.

Also I haven't talked about it, but my mother-in-law is going in for surgery next month to remove both her pinky toes and the knuckle that goes with them. May end up being more depending on what they see when they go in. She has gangrene in both feet. It's not good for her to go in for surgery. She's a surgery risk and I'm not sure what they're going to do about it, but it obviously has to be done. I'm not that close to her because had a huge falling out (me and mothers just don't get along I guess), but I try to be pleasant. I'm worried about her and obviously don't want anything worse to happen. I'm mainly worried about DH. They don't have a good relationship either, but they use to be really close and he's not good with handling these kind of things. He also struggles with depression and he plans to get put on medication for it because it can really affect him where as with me I'm better at managing. He needs something for anxiety as well I believe because he gets worked up and can't manage it sometimes. I need to get him in for it soon in case things don't go well.

Also, don't ask me why they're waiting for the surgery. I figured they would want to do it sooner to reduce the risk of it spreading. She does have a PICC line in now with strong antibiotics going in.

Ali- I'm all for good deals! 20 sounds much better than 100!! And I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. That sounds really scary especially being a risk for surgery. I hope everything goes as well as it can and that she makes a quick recovery. I also hope your DH is able to get some kind of help, like meds as you said, for his depression. That's such a tough situation, make sure to update us after the surgery!

I went to this "ladies night out" thing in my town, basically a benefit for cancer where around 90 different vendors (clothing stores, boutiques, things like that) set up and you could walk around and shop. I went with my stepmom and she bought the baby a few outfits and I entered to win a free u/s at a little u/s boutique (fat chance but someone's gotta win!). I just got home a little while ago and am so uncomfortable! My back and feet are sore and I felt a bit bloated, but thankfully do feel better after laying down.

I hope everyone's feeling well, it's a little quiet in here this evening!

Morning all.

I can help with fish stuff! :)

My heartburn is so so bad. Nothing is shifting it at all :(

Froggy - :hugs: I'm so sorry!

Ali - So sorry to hear about your MIL. I'll keep her in my thoughts! I hope all goes well.

Midnight - What are you doing for it? You might want to ask your doctor about medication. I can't get rid of mine or keep it under wraps without Zantac which is what my doctor told me to take. I take one in the morning and it lasts all day. It will come back by bedtime sometimes, but I just manage that till I go to sleep. Just depends on when I took it since it's a 12 hour pill.

Got my flu shot yesterday. Now we all have had it done. DH and DS's injection spots got swollen, red, and hot. So far I think I've lucked out other than the typical soreness. The appointment went great. Heart rate was 142 and he kicked the doppler. Last night I was snuggling up to DS and I felt baby man pushing on him then shift away.

Thanks for thinking about my MIL. She's definitely afraid to have surgery.

Ali - good thinking on the flu shot. That reminds me I should get mine in October.

I hope your MIL's surgery goes well and that she stays Safe. Sorry about your dh's depression! I hope he gets some help soon. I know it is also difficult to have a depressed spouse, so hope you're hanging in there as well!

I hope you all have a great weekend. I am very excited to be off work, but there isn't much to look forward to this weekend, as DH has a work event pretty much all Saturday afternoon and evening, and we have to take dd to her first swimming lesson in the morning which I am dreading. What was I thinking?! :p I do NOT want to be seen in a bathing suit while so pregnant!

It's generally not so bad, his depression, but when it flares it can be difficult. I think it's helped since I've gotten out of school. Just having more time together helps.

Dh also has mental health concerns, which is something I worried about when I first got pregnant. Fortunately, pregnancy seems to bring him joy and lifts him out of depressive moods. I'm hoping that continues. He's going to see his doctor soon for a check up and probably an adjustment to his meds. He's excited at the prospect of the baby coming - thank god.

Afm, I'm feeling pretty good. We're still trying to figure out a name... such a difficult task :-(

Newbie have you got any ideas? I've actually just been googling for ideas myself!

We've got a few we're talking about but nothing we really love yet. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything when going through almost 900 student names when auditing our student lists at the start of the year :-(

Meant to add, we're googling as well. Still no luck. Thank goodness we have lots of time!

Do you work at an international school? Is DH Aussie too? I think it was about now we picked DD1's name but I'm not panicking yet :haha:

Yes, I do work at an international school, but dh is a local and so are the majority of our kids. We want a name that works both here and there. Difficult choice.

Newbie - Sorry about your DH! It's been pretty good for us as well lately, but I would still like him to get in soon because it sucks when it flares up.

Name wise, we have a list going and I need to do some searching. I don't feel we can pick a name until we see him. Although, I think DH is pretty set on one and I know he's been close to calling him that. I really liked it, but I'm coming to love it even. So most likely it's the one. I'm not 100% sure on the middle name, though.

We are about 95% sure on our first name, but not sure at all on middle names! For some reason we can't find something that flows quite right. Also, we can't decide if we should use one of our favourite middle names, because if we had 3 girls we would want to use it as a first name! With my dd1, we already had her name picked out years before she conceived!! :haha: So having to think about it at all is a bit different for us.

We haven't talked names since we lost Maggie. There is one name we've held off on using through both of our losses, so I hope we will get to use that for Duck.

I'm so excited happy, today is viability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A small thing but a huge milestone to me.

I've had two girls names for Years (one is even an Arabic name too so would have been perfect)... of course he's a boy! Never liked any boys names in particular, even complete western names. I'm sure we'll figure it out by the time he comes. We're under pressure a bit from family because it is tradition here to have a kid's name picked out months in advance. Screw them! This is our kid, not their's!

By the way, is anyone experienced with or considering using cloth diapers? I'm trying to work out if I should convince dh they're a good idea or not. He's not good with... bodily fluids... I know, and he knows, he'll be changing diapers and dealing with poop, but are cloth diapers taking my expectations of him to a whole new level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->