January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Congrats on viability, danser! Not a small thing at all, I'm counting down to that day and then 28 weeks next! Can't wait to hear what y'all name Duck!

Newbie, I'm wondering the same! Don't think I would be able to convince dh to use them but I would like to hear of someone's experience!

Went to a few stores today including hobby lobby and found a letter "L" that I can paint and hang on the wall in the nursery. Also took a little bump picture, I know it's not huge yet but it FEELS huge and is starting to get harder to hide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
Happy Weekend everyone! Today we were running some errands, and tomorrow we are talkig about maybe going to the fair. We'll see how long I last. :haha: I had to buy some memory foam shoes today because I can't be on my feet without it and I can only wear my sandals for so long. :haha:

Other than that my weekend consists of grading papers and playing video games. :p I'm trying to take it easy. This week is open house at the school so on Thursday after teaching all day I have to go back to work from 5:30-8pm. And since most teachers don't live close enough to make it worth going home, they end up staying all day. Makes it a horribly long day.

Literati - :haha: I felt the same way about swimming suit while pregnant! I was going to buy a maternity swimsuit because swimming is so much more comfortable than anything else but didn't want to spend the money so I found a pair of shorts that I can wear and feel comfortable in, and a halter swimsuit top that is long enough and a size or so bigger so that I'll be able to wear it for quite awhile. And, on the plus side, a swimsuit makes the bump fairly obvious so everyone just sees you're pregnant and thinks "aww a pregnant woman". People love pregnant women! :haha:

Newbie - That's hilarious that you mention looking for names when auditing student names! :haha: I do the same thing. I've kept a list of names I like for years, often adding names I see on student rosters. However I then have to go back and cross names off the list if I teach a student whose name is on my list but the student turns out to be one that has a horrible attitude or something. It taints the name. :rofl:

We discussed the idea of cloth diapers and decided no. Neither of us deal with waste well, especially poop, and so we decided that despite the cost and the "better for the environment" bit, we'd go with disposable diapers.

Danser - CONGRATS on Viability!!!

Vrogers - adorable! Love the bump!

I considered using cloth diapers with my first but it didn't turn out since we don't live in an apartment with a washer and dyer. It was actually DH's idea. I would still like to, but it's very intimidating with all the different styles. They're so stinking cute, though! I do have one. If I do decide to do it, it'll be part time probably.

Also they hybrids. There is one I saw where the insert is flushable. You just swish it first to help break it up.

I just cut my sons hair with a pair of hair trimmers. Much shorter that I prefer. It turned out fine, but I need to take some scissors around his ears to get it trimmed up better. It's curly so it a few areas where it looks like it's going to want to stick up. Thankfully his hair grows fast. I figured I might as well try it or I'll never know if I like it or not. He was a terror at his last hair appointment, maybe this will give him some time for him to chill out a bit more for his next one.

We have 2 names picked...but not 100% on girls. It depends when she is born (if is a girl!)

25 weeks today.

I love idea of cloth but already have so much washing ;(

I love the idea of cloth as well, but I can't do it unless dh is on board. The extra washing doesn't bother me so much, since we're lucky that most of the time our weather is good enough to dry outside in a day. He's jot hugely experienced with changing babies (neither am I!) and I'm just not sure of the extra steps required for cloth would put him off completely. The convenience of disposables is definitely attractive but when I look at the cost comparison to cloth - is it scary!

Out of curiosity, how much do disposables cost in the US? Here, a bag of 96 pampers brand costs about $16, but I'm expecting that to increase soon with inflation and other factors.

hello all!

just quickly saying hi, got back from italy late last night and got lots to do, put washes on, make some food etc. Feeling quite tired and emotional, we also have a friend staying in our one bed flat while he looks for a place. Just at the point now where its just annoying and i want him to go! he stayed in our flat while we went to italy and he said he's gonna sort out a hostel to stay in next week.

hope everyine is doing well, will read eveything properly later and catch up.
I have midwife check up tomorrow, and tues im 24 weeks :)

Newbie - I pay 35 dollars for my son's size 5 pampers cruisers with 108 in the box. We use size 6 at bedtime because he'll wet through. Those are the same price with only 86 in the box. I'll be using pampers swaddlers on the newborn which I believe are around the same price if not just a little more expensive. Says like 38 on the website for a box of 168 size one. I may go to ordering online. I can get bigger boxes and saves a little and I can still use our discount. Just wish I could use coupons as well. That makes them even cheaper, but have to do that in store.

I really wanted to use cloth to save money. It didn't work out that way and I still think I'll try it if we get out of here before baby comes. Even if it's only part of the time. Even 3-6 a day would save a lot! Also you may find you really love some of the cheaper brands. I tried several but I didn't like any, but many people swear by them.

Thanks alijo! I know the cheaper ones both aren't that much cheaper and are awful. My sister in law went through every brand and they just weren't worth the minimal savings. Cloth part time might be a solution. Perhaps I'll start with that and see how it goes. Of course, I have the added complication of needing them brought in from overseas... maybe I'll order added whole set but only get my mum to bring half, then go part time at the start to see if we like them then either collect the rest when I'm there in summer or sell then unused... I'll try to speak to dh about it soon... Once he's very his cold.

I think the idea of cloth diapering is nice, but not for us. I'm hoping we can use luvs brand. It's just a little bit cheaper than pampers, but supposed to be good quality. My sil only used the dollar store brand diapers for all 3 of her kids, and swears by them. Idk though, I would hate to have leaks. I actually feel a little like a pro at changing diapers. I have been an aunt since I was 12 and that's when my diaper changing career began! Lol!

newbie- I really wanted to cloth diaper. H isn't into the idea really so most of that responsibility would fall to me. Plus we haven't decided on care when I go back to work either. If we got a nanny cloth diapering would be fine, if we did day care most day cares won't deal with cloth diapering.

Vrogers cute bump! My next countdown is 28 weeks.

Definitely don't buy a cloth stash if your DH is not on board. Mine wasn't on board, but I bought a lot anyway, hoping to convince him. Well, he was terrible at fastening and would have a leak anytime he tried. I did them when I changed diapers while I was on maternity leave, but once I went back to work it wasn't worth it and we went full disposable. Not gonna waste time with any cloth with this one.

I've gone back and forth with the cloth idea. I love the idea of saving money but I don't know if we are up for the additional steps involved with cloth. And I don't know much about it. Plus, By September next year baby will have to be in daycare, and daycares won't put up with the cloth diaper thing so ... I think we're going to go disposable.

I thought about cloth with DD, but as we don't have in suite washer and dryer it's just not practical.

Those of you with poo aversions, you'll get over that quickly! It's different when it's your own flesh and blood too I think.

Just had my 24 week appointment, measuring on track and her hb is perfect and my 28 week appt is set, my last 4 week one!

danser- congrats on viability

vrogers- lovely bump :)

midnight fairy- what a lot of driving hope you get some rest!

i see we are all talking nappies... i really am not sure what we wll do, like the idea of cloth and it being better for the environment but have a feeling will end up with disposable ones.

had midwife appt, all is good, measuring on track and little boy is kicking lots. 24 weeks tomorrow, and i have my 28 week midwife appt booked :) exciting times.

attached my 23 week 6 day bump pic :) getting HUGE! someone asked me if i am having twins!

Attachments

• ywzay1pA.jpg_large.jpg
    ywzay1pA.jpg_large.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
Ally2015, that's pretty much how I look/feel today. He seems to have popped out overnight. I'm struggling with constipation again and I'm wondering if that's causing additional bloating for me because I really wasn't that big yesterday! One of my favourite kids saw me today for the first time this year and came today hug me. When he did, he immediately felt my bump and beamed up at me and asked if I am going today have a baby. I'd love today name my kid after this kid but I don't like the way his name would be pronounced in the west - it's ismail which is pronounced with s here, but with sh by all he foreigners! Ismail is fine, but I don't like Ishmael.

Newbie I have to be careful with names too (although not as challenging as you I bet!!) - I want the name to be prenounced the same in Canada and NZ, so although I like Scarlett, have ruled it out!

We considered some very Irish names, but ultimately couldn't commit to any because they'd be too hard for people to pronounce here in America. DH is born and raised in Ireland, but now that we live here, we didn't want to inflict a hard Irish name on a child!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->