January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Congrats on 25 weeks Danser!

Ally - Movement has changed for me. I use to feel him more often when I was up and about, but it is less now. Now it's mainly only when I sit still for awhile and at night. I did read something recently that movement will put them to sleep around this time. That my contribute to some of the changes!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! No big plans here. Going to start looking around for an apple orchard to go to.

Thanks Alijo. I felt him a lot during my yoga class, and just now can feel him wriggling around as i sit to type, but i do feel a difference in movement pattern.

My weekend, no big plans either. DH is working most of it, so i'm going to see my parents tonight and catch up with some uni work etc. x

I'm researching mortgages and different loan programs. It's no fun, but I would rather be well informed vs losing out on a good opportunity. Right now we're in a lower income bracket with me only working prn/part time. We would really want to get a no down payment plan so we have more money to work with. It would be easier to get a home after tax time, but I would rather move before baby comes. If it doesn't happen that's fine, but it would make my life much easier to be moved before. I'm pushing pretty hard to find a place right now. This one place would be perfect that I'm looking at because it's affordable with plenty of space. A little bit of cosmetic work needed, but other than that it looks pretty good to go. Hopefully anyways.. still need to see it.

Ali we are looking at 7 open homes this weekend! I'm pretty keen to buy before baby comes too, and then we will rent our current place out.

Good luck with all the house hunting, you guys! I can definitely see it being nice to be moved in and settled before the baby arrives.

No change in movement for me except just more of it. Since the beginning, I have mostly only felt when lying down or relaxing, especially at night. When I'm walking around, I don't usually feel anything.

My weekend is going pretty well! DH let me sleep in (as he always does now that I'm pregnant), and now he's even taking dd to her swimming lessons by himself so I can relax! I just made myself some French toast, and am then going to shower in peace and then read a bit! Lovely. DH has a work thing tonight, though, so I'll be alone with dd. That should be fine, though! :)

Do people looking for a home look at the sex offender registry? I have been so I at least know what is in the area, for what, and if I decide I like a house that there isn't one that puts my children at risk right next door.

So funny - my hubby and I are heading out to look at houses right now! Looks like quite a few of us planning to move!

And thanks everyone for responding about questions on baby's position. I didn't realize you could tell without an ultrasound!

Ally - just yesterday and today I noticed baby isn't moving as much as before! Maybe both are going through a growth spurt!

Danser - yay for 25 weeks and for your scan on Wednesday! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Alijo - that's a great thing to check. I totally forgot about it but certainly will now that you reminded me! Too many creepy people out there.

So funny - my hubby and I are heading out to look at houses right now! Looks like quite a few of us planning to move!

And thanks everyone for responding about questions on baby's position. I didn't realize you could tell without an ultrasound!

Ally - just yesterday and today I noticed baby isn't moving as much as before! Maybe both are going through a growth spurt!

Danser - yay for 25 weeks and for your scan on Wednesday! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Alijo - that's a great thing to check. I totally forgot about it but certainly will now that you reminded me! Too many creepy people out there.

chitown- it always makes me laugh how similar our pregnancies are haha, yes probably a growth spurt.

good luck to all looking for houses! :)

Literati_Love- sounds like a nice chilled weekend :)

Thanks for the heads up about the braxton hicks! I think I'm definitely experiencing them, particularly when I am doing too much for too long at the gym. I get a similar feeling (uncomfortable, and a very tight/hard feeling in lower to mid abdomen) when I reach the class period after lunch and I've been moving too much all day. But the ones at the gym are easier to notice, and also easier to go away (lowering intensity and slowing down helps, whereas while teaching I don't like to just stop and sit down when I'm trying to explain a concept).

Good luck to everyone house hunting! I don't miss that at all!

Newbie - no experience there but hopefully the suppositories help!

danser - so exciting to get to see her again! <3

Ally - I noticed an increase in movement lately. I was only feeling her move in the evening for a couple hours before bed, even if I had a lazy day. But the last few days I've felt her during the day once or twice (which is a big deal considering how much I am on my feet), and today she's been going crazy all day and definitely kicking harder. I think it's jsut a change in position making the changes in movement.

AliJo - I think it's a good idea to check the registry, but it's also important to take everything there with a grain of salt. When I was in high school a friend of mine was 19, dating a 17 year old, and her parents found out they were having sex and pressed charges. He was charged with Statutory Rape and is required to register on the sex offender registry now! :wacko: it's absolutely insane that he shows up on the registry just like someone who might have actually committed a violent sexual act. So just take everything with a grain of salt.

Angel - I know people who are on it for things that really shouldn't have gotten them on it. I do realize that not everyone on there is truly a threat. It does say the age range of the victims, though. I usually look at that. I also know that sometimes people will get on there for public nudity in an area children are and make it seem like they're predators after children, but really they just did something stupid like taking a restroom break in a bush. Once I had to sit through listening to a predator try to justify his actions that went after little boys. So, I just would rather be safe than sorry and watch out for my own. I would never be malicious with such information.

100 days remaining tomorrow!! Almost double digits!

I am so sore today. I am really hoping tomorrow H is ok with going to BRU even for an hour to start the registry.

Angel5000- thats nice to have an increase in movement. My one's movements are stronger but less frequent. Last night he did some huge movements and my tummy was just moving about all over the place. But i noticed a change in his movement was associated with less heartburn for me, so i am not going to complain.

alijo- yah for nearly double digits! how exciting!

Danser - Hopefully you can go! I love looking at baby items!

Finally going to tell my Dad and Stepmom what we're having today. I made a cute little box that they'll open and find blue booties. Then tomorrow hoping to start the process on looking at that house. I'm exhausted today and kind of wish we were just being lazy at home.

Ali-what a cute idea, I'm sure they will love it!

We registered yesterday so now I'm completely finished with that and just have to wait until the shower to see what we get so we can start on her nursery.

I was on my feet the majority of yesterday so didn't feel as much movement. Then just a few hours ago decided to use Doppler and she kicked it so hard it felt like my whole upper body moved so I promptly took it off. She definitely does NOT like the Doppler so I try to use it sparingly.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, we are off to New Orleans tomorrow around lunch time (we live in state but several hours from New Orleans) for another work trip for dh and I will be stuck in a hotel room for 3 days again while he's in class

Danser - sorry you're so tired. I am feeling a lot more physically exhausted these days. My body is just not handling carrying my 35 lb toddler around well anymore! I am also getting out of breath quite easily. I wish I could just lie around all day!

Lite - You sound like me. DH carries DS around everywhere most of the time when we're out. DS is even asking me to pick him up less and instead drags me around by his hand. Unless he's tired then he wants held. He's 32 lbs so not much lighter. I'm trying to cherish all the little things we do together, but it's hard when all I want to do is sit around.

Ali- I totally hear you on it being hard to cherish your time together when you just want to sit around! I've been feeling the same way!

I can't handle carrying my toddler either. She's only 29 lbs but I'm small and I just can't do it for more than a minute or two. Thankfully she doesn't need much carrying, but picking her up for various things like getting in and out of the car seat is a pain in the butt!

I also just want to lay around all the time. I forced both of us to get out and about yesterday to playgrounds and shopping.

I'm trying to "quit" Facebook for a while. I uninstalled the app this morning. I waste so much time scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. I want to take better care of my house (cleaning, organizing, etc) and not be so attached to my damn phone all the time.

I hear you with mindless facebooking.

My toddler needs to be picked up loads :(

Consultant app this morning. He has signed me back to midwife and gave homebirth the thumbs up!

hey all

i feel your pain- even though i have no other kids, i do feel more fatigued and tired and just want to lay around and do nothing!!

i had a little scare today, had a bad nights sleep and was stressed yesterday. Woke this morning and left straight to work with no food or water, and about an hour in work i started feeling dizzy, like i was going to vomit and my vision went all blurry and i had a little black out. I called DH (who was just about to go to work) who came and got me, and by that time i was feeling better. Called midwife who told me to go in and get checked. My blood pressure was on the low side and they told me just to take it very easy. baby was fine, they checked his heartbeat and he was moving away as normal.

was so scary at the time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->