January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

vrogers November is perfect timing at least for me, just before the holidays too. Hopefully take advantage of black Friday sales and completion discounts after the shower!

I managed to get part of my shift covered and got to leave a few hours early. I want to nap l, but I will feel bad to shut DS out.

26 weeks today and it's been interesting between no sleep and I got sick at work. That's always great. Also, DS is either getting sick or has some allergies. It's kind of crazy. I'll be in 3rd tri according to this website next week.

Danser- it really is the perfect time, before the major sales and holidays! Hopefully there are some good sales on baby gear this year.

I've wondered if 3rd tri is 27 or 28 weeks, I see different answers from different sources. I would love to go with 27 weeks!

AliJo - I never meant to imply you'd be malicious with the information, I just wanted you not to look at the registry and see some names pop up a neighborhood and think "oh I loved a house in this neighborhood, now I can't live there" and there be a chance that some of those that pop up are there for reasons that are ridiculous.

Ally - that sounds so scary!! I hope you're doing better now. :hugs:

vrogers - I got a body pillow from target a month or so ago and it's been amazing. Makes sleeping so much better! We've done most of our nursery. I wanted to get most of it done during the summer when I am off work so I could focus just on teaching and not have to do the big stuff. We've got the crib and the room mostly set up, and some clothes. We are still needing to get a bassinet for our bedroom and a car seat. But holding off for a little bit. A lot of what we got we picked up at garage sales.

I found gaviscon at a pharmacy last night... heartburn gone in an instant and hopefully no yucky side effects! Slept like a dream... :)

Sunshine Star- havent; brought anything either, just few clothes but have been shopping to look at moses baskets etc.

vrogers- really want to get a preg pillow!!

Literati_Love- thank you- hope you feel better soon. I have a horrible cough, and blocked nose and today i am doing 5 hours of teaching. My body aches and leg hurt and i just want to be in bed all day!!

AliJo- wow nearly third tri for you, how exciting.

newbie- i have gaviscon too, but my heartburn has lessened a lot, and i think baby moved position. I think the position he was in before was causing my heartburn.

random question- but anyone feeling itchy?! my belly, especially belly button area just feels itchy a lot, but so do arms etc. Is it just stretching do you think, and if so, anyone have any remedies?

Broke down last night and had a good cry. I'm just so uncomfortable already and though I get through the day fine, by the evening I have no patience and DD drives me crazy. I don't remember being this uncomfortable so early with her. I hate having a huge belly that gets so in the way and makes everything hard. I can't hold DD for more than a minute because it hurts my back or belly too much. I just want this to be over so I can look forward to never being pregnant again. Of course I am thankful for this baby and all that, but I'm not enjoying pregnancy. :(

Big hugs slammer! I'm so sorry you're feeling like that :-( getting your emotions out is probably good for you. Take care :hugs:

Slammer - I'm more uncomfortable with this one as well. I kind of wonder if it's due to the fact that it's my second pregnancy. I was basically mostly good up until delivery with my first. Now I'm exhausted and sore all the time. Pretty much hate anything active right now. It's not enough for me to hate being pregnant, but sometimes I wish the world was more forgiving towards us!

Angel - No worries! I wasn't offended, sorry if I made it feel that way. I'm well aware of how messed up our system can be, though!

Newbie - I'm glad you found something that worked!

Ally - I'm not feeling itchy, but I think it probably does have to do with stretching. Usually what I see suggested is plenty of fluids and good lotion. I'm sure the dry weather will affect me more than the stretching. I'm already waking up completely dried up and DS is too. Time to find a good humidifier.

Vrogers - I always go by 28 since that seems standard around here. I'll totally use the 27 on here, though! Either way, it's creeping up on us all!

I've thought about a body pillow, but I don't know how well it would work out. DS is getting better about not needing snuggled most of the night, but he often wants my arm and to be rolled up right against me. Guess I could get a regular body pillow and see how it works out. Worst case scenario, my husband takes it.

My goal today.. slowly tackle some of my "fall cleaning" list. Then later take DS to the park and go on a walk. Also call the bank back and talk more about the loan I'm going for. Sadly it feels like the market is at a stand still.

slammerkin-sending you hugs and hope things get easier- not long to go till it's over and baby is in your arms!

I definitely recommend a body pillow! Dh isn't too happy I got one because apparently I take up too much of the bed already as it is but oh well.

Slammer- I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable! There is an end in sight and then you'll have baby in your arms and it'll all be worth it! Sometimes we need a good cry too though

Slammer - sorry you're finding this pregnancy so rough! I'm definitely not really enjoying this pregnancy either, and am definitely so impatient, cranky and tired by the end of the day, and my poor dd is just not getting the best of me anymore! Sorry you're so uncomfortable as well. I am definitely struggling more and more with lifting dd and walking around, but otherwise I actually find I am less uncomfortable than last pregnancy. With dd I had bad back pain from 8 weeks! I've been lucky that this time I haven't really had much back pain yet at all, but it definitely could kick in soon.

Ally - I have been itchy as well (just my belly). I think it is just from the stretching. A nice body butter usually helps for me.

Newbie - so glad the gaviscon helped you so much!

Vrogers- the standard here is 27 weeks is 3rd trimester. For me, it makes no sense to have it at 28 weeks because that would make the third trimester only 12 weeks?! That seems uneven to me! Makes more sense that first trimester is 13 weeks, second trimester is 14 weeks, and third is 13. That is as even as it gets! :p

AFM - a friend of mine who was due in November just had her baby yesterday, at 33 weeks! :O She actually went in to the hospital for reduced fetal movement, and when she was there they discovered she had pre-eclampsia, her placenta had calcified, and her baby was only a couple hours away from dying! They had to do an emergency c-section and their baby is "ok" but she can't breathe on her own and will be in the NICU for a long time. But the dr said if she'd waited even a couple more hours to come in, the baby wouldn't have made it! So scary. I am only sharing this to encourage everyone to always go in if you are worried about reduced movement or something doesn't feel right! Follow your instincts! You may feel silly in the end if it's nothing, but it's so much better to be safe than sorry!

Literati- oh my goodness, that's so scary! I'm glad she went in when she did and I hope they both do well and are able to go as soon as it is safe.

So this morning I had a u/s. The scan was about half an hour with the MFM. She looked great but there are issues. She said the baby is measuring 2 weeks behind, it could be because I am so tiny, or because there are issues with the placenta. She didn't think it was any genetic abnormalities though because the scan have looked perfect she is just small. She also said right now she didn't see any issues with the placenta either.

So the plans is week BPP and scan with the MFM. If she is not growing, or it looks like there are issue with the placenta they will give me steroid shots and induce me. I am so upset. I was really hoping to make it through the next 14ish weeks stress free. I just worry now something will be wrong or something will happen to her. Obviously the doctors and I just want her to get to term. I am trying not to stress over it but I can't not worry. I really hope time flies by over the next few weeks.

Danser - sorry about the scary news from your scan! That is no fun at all! I don't blame you for feeling quite upset. The good thing is that they are taking this seriously and going to be monitoring you super carefully and making sure baby is ok! If they do have to induce you, it'll be because baby will be safer on the outside than in! And although that isn't ideal, at least your baby will have the very best chance! I do, however, hope that subsequent scans show that your baby is growing totally normally and that no other intervention has to be done. :hugs: You, of all people, do not deserve to have any more stress or issues. :( Are you working right now? Are they going to take you off work?

Danser - sorry about the scary news from your scan! That is no fun at all! I don't blame you for feeling quite upset. The good thing is that they are taking this seriously and going to be monitoring you super carefully and making sure baby is ok! If they do have to induce you, it'll be because baby will be safer on the outside than in! And although that isn't ideal, at least your baby will have the very best chance! I do, however, hope that subsequent scans show that your baby is growing totally normally and that no other intervention has to be done. :hugs: You, of all people, do not deserve to have any more stress or issues. :( Are you working right now? Are they going to take you off work?

I am still working and plan to keep working. Work is pretty slow and not very stressful. I have a desk job so low physicality too. I think working will keep my mind busy and help the time pass by even faster. Thank you.

I'm so sorry for the scary news, danser! You've had way more than enough stress, it's not fair. I agree that it's good they are taking it seriously and that there's a plan in place. I hope she stays in there as long as possible!

I agree with the other posts danser. I hope she can stay inside as long as possible but literati is right, they'll only induce if she has a better chance outside. Thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way.

Literati_Love- i have a body butter, only bought it yesterday but going to lather that on today. itchiness is so annoying. that is such a scary story, about your friend! i definitely agree, whenever we feel anything is up or different just go get checked. When it comes to pregnancy, we just never know!

danser55- i am so sorry, sending you cuddles! like the others said, i am glad they are taking i seriously and giving it the right attention. I hope time flies for you, and everything will be ok.

i've got a doc appointment in 2 hours, i've got itchiness all over my body, and little red spots on my legs. I might have become allergic to something but i just want some re-assurance from the doc. Will update after. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->