January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Angel- I'm not sure what the usual routine is here (if people generally get 28 week u/s) but my dh was born with a heart issue so we are carefully watching her heart. So far all has been good but my doctor said we'll see more at 28 weeks and be able to decide if we want to look into it further or not!

As far as the registering, I was completely lost as well! I used the Amazon checklist as well as lots of pinterest searching "baby registry must haves" and whatnot. We are doing Amazon for people who prefer to shop online (and it's usually the cheaper option) and target for those who prefer to shop in stores. I also would like to see bigger items (stroller, car seat, bouncer/swing, etc) in person to get a feel! It's very overwhelming jumping in blind but I found "researching" aka lots of googling lists helped a ton!

Ali we have 1000sqft currently, would be happy with anything over 1300sqft but preferably 1800sqft or so! Makes it very cramped when family comes to stay for a few weeks, can't imagine a baby too! We need more space. And I'd love a yard!

we only have a one bed flat and need somewhere bigger but cannot afford anything just now, so we are going to either stick with our flat for another year or move in with my parents for a year and save.

i have been so forgetful recently, last night i forgot i had tickets to a concert and missed it, the other day i missed my hair appointment and in general i keep forgetting or confusing dates and times of things.

We bought our house when I was newly pregnant with DD and moved in when I was 5 weeks along, and morning sickness had just hit hard! That was a bit rough! I don't see us moving anytime soon. We have a townhouse with three bedrooms and a finished basement. It's enough for now, and maybe forever.

Angel, for me I notice braxton hicks first as feeling like there's a weight on my chest, or like I'm being squeezed - it's only then that I notice my belly has gone a bit hard.

I don't miss all the researching and registering for a baby shower! Being on the other side of infancy now I see how a lot of stuff really doesn't matter that much and there's not much you need to start off other than clothes, diapers, and feeding supplies like bottles or breast pads. I don't think there will be any shower for me this time, which is fine. I had to coax my friends and mom to hold one for me last time, which was really frustrating, so yeah.

Angle - Sometimes they're hard to tell. You often won't even notice them. I tend to notice them if I start doing too much or moved too quick. A quick dart across the room might cause my stomach to tighten. It basically just feels tighter on my lower abdomen for me generally and the only pain I get is if movement feels to be stretching it out. I only ever feel it down on my lower abdomen. It was the same for my contractions. I never felt them up high just down low. If you get use to feeling how hard your belly is you can tell that way sometimes as well. It'll get really hard with some of the BH contractions.

Van - I need a yard so bad! I love nature and really want my own space for plants and hopefully a garden next year. Also my children need a place to run and play. DS loves being outdoors.

Ally - You're not alone. I'm forgetful as well and at work it could be disastrous! I make sure to really check myself because sometimes I just can't keep things straight. A lot of it comes from lack of sleep, but if someone tells me to go bed early I'll just laugh at them. Like I get that privilege. 12 hours are rough as it is, but during pregnancy I really hate them. The days off are nice, but still. It's hard to justify being so tired when you're dealing with people and their lives.

I keep having dreams that I'm going to have a precipitous labor and that I won't make it to a hospital so it'll just be at home. No clue why.. maybe I just want a quick labor! I can just imagine DH trying to deliver a baby! I asked him how he would feel about it and he's basically all "Oh well if I have to, I have to." Then I can just imagine DS freaking out because he has no idea what the heck is going on and his mom is in distress. At least I wouldn't have to stress about who will have DS!

Hi ladies, had my 24 week appointment today. Everything with baby looks good. He's growing well. Unfortunately, the doctor noted that my cervix is shorter and softer than it should be. He seemed concerned about it and prescribed progesterone suppositories for me again (had them at the start). I, of course, immediately turned to Dr Google to see what it means to have a shorter, softer cervix at 24 weeks. Thankfully, it is longer than 25mm, which seems to be the arbitrary number they've picked where preterm labour is likely. My doctor is confident that the suppositories will help and he hasn't suggested bed rest or anything and doesn't want to see me again for another 4 weeks, so I'm hoping it isn't as bad as I fear.

Anyone had experience with this?

No experience with that newbie, but I hope the suppositories help!

I might have a scan at 36 weeks to check my placenta. I had a deeply embedded placenta with DD that wouldn't detatch and I ended up with a lot of bleeding. It's not likely to happen again, but we might check on it anyway.

Newbie, no experience here either but I hope the suppositories help and I think it's a positive thing that your doc doesn't seem too concerned and hasn't put you on bed rest.

Newbie- no experience but don't worry about it. The suppositories will help and doc doesn't seem too concerned :)

I am getting a scan at 24 weeks beyond that I don't know. I know I am getting some extra scans to check on Duck after loosing her twin. The last u/s I had was the 20 week scan I will have gone almost 5 weeks without seeing her. I feel like my stomach is one giant sore muscle.

Newbie - no experience here, but i agree with everyone it's good your doctor doesn't seem too concerned!

Danser - is your 24 week scan scheduled soon? I also don't know if I'll be getting another one or not. I thought dr's typically did one to check the position of your baby before delivery, but maybe not? Our baby is breech right now so I wonder how they'll know if she's turned or not without a scan...

Got my glucose test back today and passed it. However, they also did a hemoglobin and hematocrit test. My hemoglobin was right at the low end of the normal range at 11.6 and my hematocrit was quite a bit lower than the standard range at 33.1 Has anyone had experience with low hemoglobin and hematocrit? I guess it means I'm verging on anemic? Doctor doesn't seem concerned, but of course I can't help but worry.

I have been horribly forgetful too, I forgot our birthing center tour twice now.

We are having a scan at 24 weeks, and another at 28 weeks to check my placenta position. As long as it moves I guess that will be our last scan, but if it doesn't move then I will have more, and also be put on bedrest starting at 32 weeks.

Froggy - I guess that's one good thing about the placenta. Although, I'm sure you'd much rather have less ultrasounds and a safe lying placenta!

Chit - Glad you passed! If they didn't seem concerned about your H&H I wouldn't worry too much. Just increase your intake of iron rich foods if you want to do something to help it. If you start to show signs or strengthening signs of anemia I would call. I say the strengthening because some of the signs come along with pregnancy.

Slammer - That doesn't sound like a good experience. Glad the chances are slim for it to happen again! Hopefully they check just to be sure.

Newbie - No experience. If you have any extra concerns I would call them to get them cleared up and hear their reasoning.

chitown28- glad you passed glucose test :) i wouldn't worry at all, the docs don't seem concerned and like alijo said, increase iron rich foods in your diet. And yeah like vankiwi said, they can tell position just by feeling your belly. Your baby has plenty of time to move yet so don't worry. My midwife told me she couldnt tell position of mine yet as it's hard to tell the difference between a head and a bum haha.

woke up with horrid leg cramp today, urgh it's horrible.

Oh, I forgot to say, I don't need to do the tolerance test! Doc ordered a blood sugar test two hours after a meal and if that's okay, then he won't bother with a tolerance test. but if it isn't then I'll do the tolerance test. I also found out that he also works at a brand new maternity hospital that's within walking distance of our house (30 minutes walk). Going to check It out today or tomorrow.

Interesting to know that they can tell the position by feeling - I guess that's how they did it before ultrasound! Not knowing the difference between head and bum - hahahaha!

You might be surprised and be able to tell yourself. It depends on the person and if you have an anterior placenta it can make it harder. I know people who could tell if it was their bottom, feet, hands etc just by feeling. I couldn't feel baby's anatomy well with my first probably because I had an anterior placenta.

Chitown- my scan is scheduled for Wednesday. I am so excited to see her again.

Yay tomorrow is 25 weeks only ~15 more to go after that.

anyone notice a change in their babies movement?
mine was really active all the time, now is quiet mostly during the day and quite active at night. I'm wondering whether it's just a growth spurt, change in position or him changing his pattern. Midwife told me not to worry about movement changes etc until 28 weeks but i always can;t help but worry a little! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->