January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

So sorry you had to go through that scare Ally, but glad everything seems to be fine!

On Friday I woke feeling dizzy and nauseated, and it lasted on and off most of the day. Mild, but annoying. Back to normal by the next day. Pregnancy is a roller coaster.

Ally - that sounds scary! Glad all is ok. Make sure you take care of yourself and keep eating regularly!

Glad lots of people can relate to just wanting to be a blob all day! If only pregnancy gave us a free pass to do whatever we wanted. :p

Ally, glad everything is okay! Pregnancy is weird and feels like a roller coaster.

Glad I'm not the only one who just wants to sit down all the time! I feel so lazy. Yesterday dh cleaned his 'office' and my back and feet were killing me so I was no help, just sat there and then eventually had to go lie down

i hereby give us all a pass to sit on our bums and lounge as much as we like!! :) haha if only.

thanks guys- feeling better now, just got a bad cold so i feel run down and tired. pregnancy is a rollercoaster!

Glad you're ok Ally. I have relatively low blood pressure at 100/50 last time the midwife checked and I do feel light headed if I don't eat properly. I need to try and remember to take snacks with me. Take care and rest a bit.

Ally - Glad things are okay! Sorry you had a scare!! I second giving us a pass!

I bet we'll all be relieved to get that nesting energy.

I got stung (by a bee, a small one I'm assuming) for the first time. I was like "Ow.. what the heck.. OW" It got on the inside of my arm and I'm assuming when I moved it got stuck between my side and arm. The stinger was still in my arm. Darn bug!

Got a few things done. Called the bank to see if they had the type a loan I'm looking for. Waiting on a call back, but the banker was pretty sure they did.

Also.. DOUBLE DIGITS!! :D

Glad you are ok Ally!

Add me to the list of not wanting to do anything at all, ever. I had a bad bloody nose at work today. I was worried it wouldn't stop, but it did.

We registered yesterday, spent two hours in BRU and only finished about 1/4 of what we need. I will add some online tonight, start the amazon registry too. My shower is Nov 13th, due to anxiety it's just easier to know when the shower will be. Registering and know what to get is so overwhelming. Luckily I have a lot of friends who are already moms to give me advice.

So scary Ally - glad you're okay!

Totally agree with feeling like just sitting around all day. I feel huge! It doesn't help that I have severe ice cream cravings lately haha!

Ali- one of the many reasons fall/winter is my favorite time-all the bugs die! I hope the sting doesn't hurt too much and gets better soon. Congrats on double digits!

Danser- registering was super overwhelming for me! I started a "research" list around 12 weeks and finally narrowed everything down enough to actually register. My shower is nov. 6 so just a week before yours! We wanted to get it done in time for Black Friday sales and the holidays.

Chitown- I've had a major sweet tooth as well unfortunately! For some reason lately mine has been rice Krispy treats!

Vrogers - It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but I was amazed at how long it kept stinging. The worst thing about it was probably that my hands were full since we were getting out of the vehicle and I was grabbing my son's bag and had more stuff in the other hand and I could not get the stinger out of my arm. Between it hurting and the fact that it was in my skin was by far the worst part.

So, was having a rough night. Went to bed really early. Woke up to use the restroom and now I can't fall back asleep. I have 4 hours till I have to get ready for work. Took my shower and maybe going to have a snack. See if it's enough for me to zonk back out.

Also found out that the house we were looking at is actually a foreclosure. Which doesn't make it completely out of the picture because I believe the loan we are going to use will cover them. It does bring up more issues with the fact that there won't be any warranty and what not. Starting to look at others.

thanks everyone, feeling better, just really blocked up with a bad cold and have no appetite so need to just keep snacking on things. The weather is really changing in scotland, it's darker, colder and more wet. Just want to hibernate!

yah for double digits Ali Jo! hope you managed to get some sleep before work!

chitown- ice cream cravings! yah! i have no cravings or aversions really, i do like dairy though, cheese, yoghurts etc.

I didn't fall back asleep till somewhere between a hour and half hour before my alarms went off. Oh gosh I'm in so much trouble today. Right now I wish I could drink as much coffee and energy drinks as I wish. Nope. Hope I don't crash at work, which I know I will.

It just took me a couple minutes to figure out what you meant about double digits, AliJo - LOL. Good luck with the house and loan hunting!

I was very impatient with DD last night. I feel kinda bad. Hopefully we'll have a better night tonight.

Jealous of everyone doing a gift register. It's just not the done thing in the UK and probably would be seen to be quite rude to do one.

I think my sister may organise a baby shower but I'm not fussed either way to be honest.

I need to make a list of essential items because I'm so unorganised and have not bought anything other than a few baby grows! Eek!

Xx

Jealous of everyone doing a gift register. It's just not the done thing in the UK and probably would be seen to be quite rude to do one.

I think my sister may organise a baby shower but I'm not fussed either way to be honest.

I need to make a list of essential items because I'm so unorganised and have not bought anything other than a few baby grows! Eek!

Xx

Yes, I wouldnt dare LOL. Xx

Ali- I'm sorry it hurt so much! I could see it being hard for me not to drop everything I was holding. I hope it's better now

I got an $8 body pillow from Walmart yesterday and it has changed how I sleep! May not be a real pregnancy pillow but it's amazing and definitely recommend one to every pregnant person

Has anyone started on nurseries if you're doing one? I feel a bit behind because we haven't done a thing in ours except clean the closet out, and all we have is a little collection of clothes family keeps buying us. I know we most need her car seat, bassinet, and diapers to start. We won't be able to do much until after our shower, then we will clear out the room, paint, and start getting things we need but don't get at the shower

Thinking about buying a body pillow but I think I'd need to get two so dh doesn't steal mine! He loves hugging a pillow when he sleeps so no doubt he'd love a body pillow!

I've started a registry but not sure I'll use it. We've already got the big three items - car seat, stroller and cot. We've also accumulated a few other bits and pieces as gifts. I know there's more we'll need, but it will be a whole set of odds and ends on the list. I'll also encourage my Australian friends to hold off buying stuff until we visit in July. That way I can bring to back with me rather than loading up my mum too much.

Ali - sorry you had such a rough night! I was up for hours in the night both Friday and Saturday night, and was definitely way overtired by the end of the weekend and crying over everything. Thankfully I didn't have to work, though. It is the absolute worst having insomnia and then just falling asleep a bit before your alarm and having to work all day! That happened to me a lot in the first trimester, and probably will kick in again in the third.

Ally - sorry you're sick! I am sick with a cold as well, and I have a plugged ear with mild ear pain accompanying it that is driving me absolutely insane. It isn't severe so I'm hoping it's not infected, but may have to go to the dr if it persists. Getting out of bed was brutal this morning. When you're sick it's just so hard to be motivated to get up and be a normal person! Ugh.

Slammer - I was very impatient with my dd as well last night, and had to apologize a few times for snapping. :( It's so hard when you're tired and cranky from work, pregnancy, and just life in general! Hopefully we will be in more patient moods tonight!

We won't be doing a nursery this time. Dd1's room is staying the same so that is still decorated as the nursery. Dd2 will be in our room for quite a long time, and then I have no idea what we'll do because we don't have much space but she may have to share a room with our computers and stuff until she can get out of her crib, and then maybe we will squeeze her in the same room as dd but it will be so squishy you won't be able to move in there. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->