January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Spotting has stopped. Luckily he has moved around a lot to reassure me that he was fine. I'm still planning on taking it easy today.

Slammer, I got some maternity leggings and they are SO comfortable. I hope you find some that are comfortable!

Froggy - Glad it stopped!

Slammer - I want to try leggings. I've never worn them but I'm sick of jeans. I want something more comfortable. I hear you on the bra part, but I can't go without. My ladies are uncontrollable without a bra.

I FINALLY got some sleep last night. I'm still super exhausted, but better than I was. Although, now my back, sides, ribs, and abdomen all hurt and ache from all the coughing. I did wake up in the middle of the night with my cough reminding me that it is still really bad. Took some more medicine and got some more sleep. I'm afraid it's going to linger for a long time. I just hope the medicine is enough to give my body time to heal. There are only 12 doses all together and I've taken 3. I'm afraid it won't be enough.

PhotoGrid_1476370794904-1.jpg

Bump pic! This is from yesterday morning, and I'm actually wearing my leggings here. I got them from motherhood maternity.

Froggy - They had a sale on them not long ago for 10 dollars on a lot of them. I should have then, but I didn't. So I'm waiting on another good sale. Also, very cute bump!! I'm a bit self conscious about my legs and bottom. I don't know if I would like leggings really showing them off.

The pair that I got aren't as "revealing" as other pairs of regular leggings I have had. They are a but thicker. You couldn't even see my panty line because there is no way I'm wearing a thong these days lol. I just love that i can dress them up or down. I also got a pair of jeggings from motherhood maternity that are amazing as well. I'm not alway fond of their prices because I'm so cheap, but I have found that everything I have bought there is really good quality and will last through more pregnancies. Also target had some maternity leggings I saw the other day. I really like the way their clothes are made too.

I'll still have to try them. Only way I'll find out I guess! Thanks for the info.

I can't go without a bra either but I can't wait to get it off when it fetch home each day. so constricting.

Haven't tried leggings, but I've got a belly belt that extends my regular pants around the waist. I find It super comfortable.

Well I think I'm gonna have to check out the Motherhood ones, because the random pair I bought on Amazon were a big FAIL. They stopped 2 inches above my ankle, and the belly panel only came half way up my bump, which is basically useless because they'll just fall down. Annoyed! I'm super cheap too and I don't want to spend a lot of money on things I'll never wear again, but I can't get through the rest of this pregnancy without some more options for bottoms.

Glad you got some sleep AliJo. I've been sleeping like CRAP. Just restless and not getting good deep sleep.

froggy- Glad the spotting has stopped I hope it stays that way.

My compression socks came in the mail yesterday. Also my BPP was yesterday and all is fine with our little Duck. I go back again next Thursday. Tomorrow is the start of 3rd tri for me. Woo Hoo. The nursery furniture arrives tomorrow, that has me a bit nervous. I can't believe there will be a crib in my home.

Froggy - glad spotting has stopped and baby is wiggling away in there! I agree with you on Motherhood. Everything I have from there is very good quality! I am on the second pregnancy with it all and it is all as good as new. It is my cheaper Old Navy stuff that is more the flimsier sort (but pregnancy is short enough that it still all works).

Slammer - I'm having trouble ever getting a deep sleep as well. I'm thankfully not having insomnia too many nights (just the odd time), but the extremely light sleep and waking up like 15+ times during it is kind of getting to me!

I don't have maternity leggings, but my normal leggings still work and I find them so comfy! I can only wear them on days off though. Have to wear jeans to work, and I do find them comfy, but by the end of the day I'm definitely eager to get Pajama pants or sweats off! I don't like the tightness around my calves when I'm pregnant!

I also can't go without a bra, but it sure is a relief to take it off at night.

Ali - hopefully at least those doses will get you to the point where the cough is a lot more bearable.

Wow Alijoe how long have you had that cough? Glad you got something to make it better. I got some nice things for my baby too, some cloth diapers and little booties and things like that. I can't wait to put them on him. :)

Oh no Froggy that sounds scary. Definitely get it checked out if it gets any worse.

Because of my back it's getting harder and harder to do things. Thank God for Walmart pick up! I love that. It saves time and keeps me from having to walk around that huge store trying to shop.:) I've been using the parking spaces designated for pregnant mothers too. :)

Froggy- glad it has stopped and baby is moving around! Also cute bump!!

I've lived in my yoga pants (even since before getting pregnant) but they seem to be getting less comfortable and tighter.

I'm also back to taking naps every day like I was in the first tri. Not sure if I'm actually more tired again or if it's because I'm not sleeping well at night lately, but I've taken naps just about every day this week!

Skye - I've had it for 11 days now. I've got a couple of different cough syrups to take and it's helping, but it comes back if I stop taking them. I still have a slight cough while I'm on them, but it's much better. Hoping in a couple more days I can start taking less. I really hate taking medicine while I'm pregnant.
Our Walmart doesn't do pick up yet, but we have another grocery store that does. Not that I use it. I try to make myself as active as possible. I hate the thought of shopping usually. I do like the service, though. It's really great for those that really can't handle shopping and still allows them to get decent prices.

Slammer - I'm restless as well, so being sick definitely isn't helping. I'm just never comfortable for long.

Vrogers - The third tri can be tiring. Generally things get harder to do, you start to get sore, sleeping is more disturbed, and generally not as great thanks to being sore along with multiple bathroom trips. It all really adds up. Plus baby does a lot of bulking in the third trimester. Enjoy those naps!

I'm hoping to go shopping soon. I always look online, but unless I know the brand and style I don't buy online. I'm a complicated fit generally and I won't buy something unless it feels right. Which sadly makes me walk out of stores often without anything.

Last pregnancy when I bought new bras I found some super comfortable wire ones. I can't go without a wire which makes it more painful to wear bras right now. The ones I found felt like putting clouds on. They don't make that style anymore and my old ones got thrown out since I wore them down. Hopefully I can find something similar.

I'm eager to get to 30 weeks. Then I can count the weeks down from 10! I'm getting a bit antsy to get things bought and in order now.

Does anyone ever use Zulily? Sometimes their prices are pretty good, but I can't get myself to buy from there. I always research the brands I don't know if I'm considering it.

Ali- I love looking at zulily! I actually just got a pinkblush maternity (the brand) dress and robe, both significantly cheaper than they are on the actual store website. I'm a little nervous to buy any baby gear from there though, because like you I like to stick with brands I know and trust

How is everyone's weekend so far? I'm always checking the forum then thinking "Hm.. everyone is quiet" then realize it's the weekend. It's just another day for me! I hope one day DH has normal work week hours. It would be amazing to have days off together.

Vrogers - There was a sweater on there I almost got because I need something for this winter. I have some hoodies that still fit, but I need something nicer to wear. I'm not buying a coat, I'm just going to layer up. I'm not a big coat person anyways. Winters here get really bitter at times. My nicer outerwear is getting too snug on my belly. I also look at Zulily for ideas since they get a lot of unique items that I wouldn't know how to find otherwise. I have found a lot of new brands due to that site!

AliJo- Glad your getting some sleep now and the medicine is helping! I'm also looking forward to 30 weeks for that 10 week countdown. I still have so much to buy I'm definitely going to try get it all sorted in next couple of weeks so I can then concentrate on Xmas shopping. Money just isn't stretching as far as I'd like it to at the moment and I start to panic a bit when I think about what we need for baby on top of planning for Christmas for my other children.

Danser - yey for third tri!

Vrogers- I'm also back to being tired in the afternoons, doesn't help my iron is so low but I can't always get a nap when I need one, so I end up exhausted by early evening fall asleep early then can't sleep in the night so just a vicious circle of constantly feeling tired.

I had my first proper session with my doula/hypnobirthing teacher on Thursday evening. It was fab and really helped me to feel strong again about what I'm wanting because I was starting to feel a bit defeated. I feel so strongly about my home birth that I will fight against medical advise providing there's nothing wrong with baby. Really hoping the scan next week shows she's just on the small side and there's nothing causing it. In which case I will go against them on my back and iron issues if needed as I have done before. I have had two home births and the thought of going to hospital again like ny first two terrifies me. It was lovely to be doing the breathing exercises with my OH though, he was really getting into it and was so relaxed I thought he was going to fall asleep haha

I've enjoyed my week off.. I've literally sat in my pj bottoms all week and watch rubbish TV lol back to normal from Monday but the break has been nice :D

So far Duck has been quiet this morning, it always makes me nervous something is wrong and I can't seem to really calm down or relax. I just want the next 12 weeks to really speed by and have her here and healthy.

Ana - I'm glad you're feeling strong about home birth again. I wish it was more of thing in the US, but support systems behind it really aren't there. Plus it makes it hard when, at least in my state, a certified midwife can't practice outside of a medical facility. They have home like settings often at hospitals and birthing centers, though. - Reading on it some more. It's really iffy around the whole subject. I thought that maybe it was legal in some situations, but reading more it does not seem to be the case. It's awkward. I do know they're trying to make it legal.

Danser - That's exciting!! I want a proper nursery, but won't get one till we move out of this place. It's disheartening since I couldn't do it with my first either.

I'm thinking about going over to the hospital here in town and checking out how they do their labor and delivery. It would just be more convenient to have DH and DS in the same town. That way if DS gets a bit out of control DH can bring him home for awhile and if something comes up I'm only blocks away. I probably won't change till up towards the end since I'm so familiar with where I'm at now. I do need to meet the ones that might deliver me in town, though. I know one of them from my preceptorship. Would be a bit awkward, but hopefully he won't remember me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->