January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Vrogers - Going to the OB tomorrow for my check up. I will mention it then. Also, I have routine labs that will be done so that should give a good indicator if I've got something more going on.

Ali- I hope the checkup goes well and that your doctor has some good suggestions for the cough!

Vrogers - yes, the injection is definitely no big deal, but it caused a lot of anxiety with me the first time around since you have to have it if you have a bleed and I did have some spotting that pregnancy, although didn't end up needing it early. I also needed the shot when I had a miscarriage. But thankfully this pregnancy I've had zero spotting and it shouldn't be a big deal to wait til 28 weeks to get it. I always just get anxiety about potentially developing antibodies! My daughter was RH+ so I did need the shot again after birth.

Ali - that cough sure sounds bad. Hope you feel better soon.

Ana - that is upsetting about it looking less and less like a home birth will be possible. I am glad they are following up with the baby though, and I hope everything is okay! My friend who just had her baby at 33 weeks and had pre-eclampsia - her baby was measuring small but the doctors did nothing to follow up with it and they obviously should have! I do hope in your case there are no underlying issues though.

Angel - I am also looking quite large this time! I thankfully haven't had any comments about how huge I am (even though, ironically, I got told about a thousand times how HUGE I was last pregnancy when my bump was way smaller - but that was with co workers and this time my co workers seem to realize what a pregnant person is supposed to look like finally).

Slammer - how awful about your back! I had that sort of thing a lot last pregnancy. I've still gotten lucky with this one so far...I hope you get some relief and it doesn't happen again.

Newbie - how crazy that there is a shortage there and you can't get an Injection. I sure hope your baby ends up being RH- too then.

Midnight - are you only measuring 23 weeks according to fundal height? or was that from an ultrasound?

AFM - I'm not having the aches and pains everyone else is having, although little things like getting up and down from the ground are getting more difficult. Unfortunately, I am still an emotional mess, feel completely exhausted, and don't feel like I can cope at all for the remainder of the pregnancy - let alone with sleep deprivation from having a newborn! I am also self conscious of how huge and swollen I look, and can't wait to lose the weight after the baby is born. Sigh. Pregnancy is such a drag sometimes!

Lite - It can be, but I always remind myself that it's worth it! I'm usually okay besides hip and back pain. Which I tend to have some of it anyways while I'm not pregnant, but it's worse now.

This illness is really kicking my butt. I've had coughing spells where I almost throw up, now. It's beyond ridiculous and I hope they can do something for me tomorrow. I've had bad croup cough, but nothing ever lasted this long. I couldn't imagine being someone with a chronic cough. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that DS doesn't get it. I'm so scared he will get this and honestly unless I locked myself away from him 24/7 there's no real way to protect him 100%. He was sick not too long ago, but it was just sinus congestion and I think he had a sore throat.

I want to be done talking about this cough!

I think I'm going to start my list of things we need. Occupy my mind with something.

How is everyone? I also hope everyone that hasn't been talking much or hasn't said anything in awhile are doing well!

I'm still kind of the same, but I was given a prescription for my cough. I'm so thankful for that. I won't be using it till tonight since it might make me tired and I don't want to be falling asleep while I need to watch DS. She did tell me I can have Robitussin so I bought some of that to use during the day. I just got the one with the cough suppressant and expectorant since I really just need the cough suppressant. Plus I read that the nasal decongestant phenylephrine can cause reduced blood flow to the placenta.

Otherwise she wasn't too concerned about it since my lungs were clear and I wasn't coughing anything nasty up.

I'm actually so relieved that I could cry thinking that I may actually get some sleep tonight. Only getting 4-5 hours of very disturbed sleep for 3-4 days has really taken a toll on me.

Other than that baby is doing good. Heart rate in the 150's. She felt for placement and to see if she could feel any parts and is pretty sure he's head down. Which I feel his hiccups down low so I'm sure of it as well. Another appointment in 2 weeks and labs are done. Said they would only call if there was bad news.

Ali - I'm glad you have been given something hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. I couldn't imagine having to deal with a cough so long whilst pregnant.

Literati - Sorry your feeling so rubbish. Pregnancy can be so tough especially when we get to this last stretch now.

I ended up in hospital yesterday with tightenings/pain and reduced movement. I really didn't want to go but I felt so ill all day when my midwife came round to drop off my new notes she said she thought I looked awful and she wanted me in just for checks. The tightenings were coming fairly regular on the monitor on the day unit so ended up admitted to the ward to keep on monitor and a VE to check no labour was starting, which I knew it wasnt as serious as they were making out but they obviously are looking at my last pre term labour and PROM at 24 weeks (with my first) so had to be on the cautious side. By 8pm I asked could I please go home and she said I could providing I stay on rest for few days and any concern to go straight back. I have had a really busy and stressful week so I think it all just got a bit on top of me.. hence the reduced movement and increased BH.

I've got to go back on Sat and then twice weekly for monitoring for her growth until my scan next weekend for a more accurate look at how she's growing.

Feeling alot better today and taken the rest of the week off work.

Ana - I'm glad you got it checked out and they're looking out for you. Also glad you got to go home. Make sure you take care of yourself and get as much rest as possible! I'm sorry things have gotten complicated for you.

I'm glad you went to get check too. Take her advice and REST!

Afm, I'm not loving weeks 27 and 28. I'm achy all over and today my knee is so painful. It hurts a lot when I put pressure one it and of course, I had a clumsy day today - I was dropping everything! Bending down to pick things up did not help my knee! My weekend is finally here, except I have a workshop all day Saturday at my school's other campus, which is an hour away - will have to leave home around 7:30 and won't get home until at least 5pm. They're going to have to put up with me doing back exercises on the floor at the back of the room - can't go all day without doing them! Looking forward to doing nothing tomorrow, though!

Ana - I'm very glad you went in as well! Glad all is ok and that you're taking the rest of the week to rest. You need that!

Ali - glad you got something to help stop the coughing at night.

Literati- the whole antibody thing is what freaks me out most! I know it's most likely (because dh is O+) that the baby will be positive as well and I'll probably need the shot again after birth.

Ali- glad you were able to get some medicine! I hope it kicks in and starts working fast! You must be more than ready for the cough to be gone

Ana- I'm glad you went in and definitely take their advice and rest!

Newbie- I hope the workshop goes by fast! By the end of the day now my back is always telling me its had enough along with the usual swollen hands and feet. Then at night my hips and legs sometimes hurt. Seems like most of us are getting more uncomfortable

So I have had spotting when I went to the bathroom twice now. After the first time i called my Dr and the nurse told me that as long as it's spotting I'm fine and if it turns into a full bleed then to call back. Spotting and bleeding happens with placenta previa. My mom who is a l&d nurse told me that she thinks I should just go straight into l&d, and that her understanding is that women with a previa are supposed to go in with any kind of bleeding/spotting. What do you all think?

Sorry to hear that Froggy. I don't have previa, but at my last scan it showed a low lying placenta. I was told if I had any bleeding to call the hospital immediately. You're always better to get it checked. Not worth the stress of worrying about it X

Newbie - It's never fun when a weight baring joint starts to hurt. When I get a hip acting up it really bothers me stepping down on that side. Hopefully it stops bothering you.

Froggy - That's a tough one. How much are you spotting? Could you call L&D and see what their suggestion is? I kind of looked around and yeah it does seem that spotting and even bleeding can be common, but bleeding should be checked out. As Sunshine said, though, sometimes it's just best to get checked verse worrying about it. Are you on pelvic floor rest now? Also I was told today that any bleeding is not normal at this stage, but I don't have placenta previa so I do think from what I'm seeing online that it would be a little different in your case.

I did get the vaccine for whooping cough as well today. Also got two new outfits in the mail for baby and some shirts for DS. He's already in 3T and it makes me so sad! I love the little outfits I got baby. I'm excited to put him in them!

Thanks ladies,
Ali I have only had the two timesides and it was only on my toilet paper. I decided that if it happens again I'm going to call the l&d department and see what they think. Fx it doesn't happen anymore.

Froggy - That sounds like a good idea. I think it will be something you just have to watch until delivery. I don't know the chances of it moving out of the way now. If it does you may still have issues because it would be low lying.

Vrogers - I am also dealing with some swelling in my feet (and everywhere!) by the end of the day. It is nothing major yet but still uncomfortable. I am not looking forward to it getting worse. Last time I couldn't fit into any shoes by the end! Hope yours doesn't get too bad.

Froggy - that is disconcerting about your spotting. I agree with your decision to go in if it happens again. You're probably not at major risk at the moment with how minimal it has been and since you talked to the nurse, but if it continues it's probably worth getting checked out!

Froggy- I think you have a good plan, to call l&d if it happens again. Can't be too safe! I hope it stays away though.

I'm ridiculously paranoid, so I'd probably go in to get checked. Seems you're much more level headed than me froggy! Thinking about you and hope all goes well.

I would be going to get checked too! Hope he's wriggling around to reassure you Foggy!

Froggy - I hope you don't have any more spotting and you can ease your mind.

I'm not really having any swelling, but my back hurts on and off and I'm feeling so big and constricted by clothes. I didn't really wear pants near the end of my last pregnancy because it was still hot out and I wore dresses. But taking care of a kid now, and with it getting colder, I prefer pants, but any tightness, even low on my belly, makes me so uncomfortable. Hoping these leggings will be soft and stretchy. If so I'll buy more and live in them until the end!

I've also reached the point where I can't bear to wear a bra. This happened with DD too. I feel like I'm being squeezed to death. Time for some creative layering to hide the jiggling boobies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->