January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Angel5000- totally understand, i can get so uncomfy at night, i really need a pregnancy pillow.

AliJo yah on 30 weeks! how exciting! 3/4 of the way there now... keep hydrated. Ii think it's so easy to forget how important water is, i don't think enough, but today i really will! when i was in hospital they kept saying my blood pressure fluctuated a lot, between normal and low. I found on the days i drank more water, thats when my BP was normal.

froggyfrog- lovely bump :)

vrogers- for mei feel like time has flown but at the same time, it feels slow! weird. i feel like i have been pregnant forever, and just want my baby here

Froggy - what a great, cute bump.

Vrogers - We need to see a pic now. I can't imagine what it's like to have not popped at 30+ weeks! I'm huuuuge. :p

Ally - I am the same with feeling like I've been pregnant forever, but also like time is flying! It's weird! I am getting so so excited for maternity leave, though. Only 2 months + 1 week to go!

Slammer - I'm with you on being huge already! :haha: I also can't imagine not having "popped" yet!! I have a co-worker who is three weeks behind me, though, and she seriously only looks about 15-16 weeks pregnant! It is astonishing.

Slammer, here ya go! The only good thing about my slow growing bump is no (new) stretch marks. Other than that I wouldn't mind a bigger bump! It makes me wonder where all the weight I've gained has gone haha

Attachments

• IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 6
vrogers- cute bump!!!! i'll post a pic of mine tomorrow, my bump just feels huge!

It was our Halloween day at school... my bump became a pumpkin - haha!

Attachments

• 20161027_084940.jpg
    20161027_084940.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi ladies! :wave:
Slammer -- My company covers for 6-8 weeks maternity leave but it can be extended if a doctor says you need it. But after regular maternity leave I'm gonna go on long term disability through my insurane for a few more months. So it's technically not maternity leave, but it is time off. :) My company pays 75% of my regular pay for the duration is that what yours pay?

With FMLA I'm gonna renew it for intermitten FMLA once the time runs out for the first batch. :) With intermitten FMLA you can keep renewing it as long as a dotor signs and says you need it.

7 am to 3pm are some good hours for you. :)

Froggy-- Nice bump! That's nice that you can be a SAHM, I wish I could do that for at least a year.

Pompey-- I love the UK's 12 month maternity leave! I wish we had that here!

Ali-- Wow I can't believe you still have that cough poor thing! At least it's getting better though.

Appointment went fine. Baby's heart rate was 145. The doctor didn't have much to say, but I forgot to say anything about the low blood pressure since he was talking so fast. He was filling in for the one that was suppose to see me because he was over delivering a baby. He didn't even measure me. He was definitely in a rush.

Told me the strep B test will be during my 36 week appointment. Until then, just typical short appointments to basically touch base.

Cute bumps ladies! I don't feel mine is that big, I just feel like there is no distance between my boobs and my bump. He's up in my ribs already!

He really enjoys kicking me and some of them are a bit painful. Nothing I can't handle and it's not often. It's mainly when he stretches his legs out and shoves them against one side of my belly while pushing his back against the other side.

I think I'm going to focus on making it to 34 weeks because it's halfway between 30 and term. I just need something to focus on. I'm actually just trying to focus on making it past the weekend. I work and last time I worked a weekend it was complete chaos. Also hoping my co-worker passes her boards so I can have my birthday off. Really not wanting to work it, especially when I work with someone I'm not very fond of.

DS actually went to bed early, so I'm going to call it quits early as well. I was thinking I had two more days off then come to realize about a hour ago that I only have one. Bummed me out. Serious pregnancy brain today.

Ali - I hate feeling pushed out the door by doctors! That always seems to happen to me when I have to see a replacement doctor.

You sound like you're feeling a bit down. Sorry you only have one day off left after you thought you had two. I hope the weekend isn't too crazy at work.

Ali- hope weekend goes in quickly for you and yes set yourself little milestones. It really helps me get through this pregnancy.

i have a dermatology appointment, to see how my skin is doing- its definitely healing but still a long way to go.
i ordered a pregnancy pillow last night- cannot wait for it to arrive!!

Ally - I hope your skin fully clears up soon.

AFM - I was awake for a good 3 hours in the night. This is happening more and more now. Stupid pregnancy insomnia! Anyone else having this issue? It doesn't help that I'm waking up in the night with intense thirst and can't get back to sleep without a big glass of water (but getting out of bed to get it wakes me up
more)!
I can't believe how quickly the hip and back pain kicked in (a few days before 3rd tri hit), and how I most definitely have the worst pregnant waddle now! I think my hips must be loosening up some more for the birth. Oh, the joys! I can't really stand for more than a few minutes now...and baby is most definitely pressing on my bladder like crazy!

vrogers I can't even believe your small bump! So lucky, lol. I will try to post a pic of mine later today.

Skye Leigh that sounds like a pretty complicated arrangement of leave! Have you gotten all of that preapproved? Some of that sounds not possible, but I hope it works out for you! My understanding is FMLA is a total of 12 weeks in a 12-month period, whether taken in a block or intermittent. And I don't think I could get a doctor to sign off on long-term disability unless I had very serious complications from the birth. Standard recovery from vaginal birth is 6 weeks, so that's the amount of short term disability I'll get. And that runs concurrent with the 12 weeks FMLA, so it's not 6 weeks plus 12. Still just 12. :( Wish I lived in Europe where it's all much more humane!

AliJo sorry your appointment was rushed and that you only have one day off. That sucks. I really hope you can have your birthday off.

Ally I hope the derm appt goes well and that your skin continues to improve!

Literati that kind of wakefulness in the night has to be awful! I just wake constantly and am super uncomfortable, but at least I'm not awake for long stretches of time. You poor thing.

Here's my bump!

Attachments

• IMG_20161028_113533.jpg
    IMG_20161028_113533.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 7
Ally - I thought about a pregnancy pillow several times, but with DS in the bed with me I don't think it will work.

Lite - They cycle you through everyone that may end up delivering you so you get to know everyone. I like the one that saw me, he delivered DS, but he probably had his own patients. I never got the pregnancy waddle except for when I was in a lot of pain with my first. We'll see if that happens again.

Slammer - Your bump puts mine to shame! It's definitely cute!! I have a bigger frame so baby has more room to push towards my back.

It's suppose to be warmer today. I'm thinking about taking DS to the park when DH gets up. Get him out for a bit and let him enjoy the nicer weather while it lasts. We were at my great grandma's yesterday and we were outside with my great aunt playing in the leaves. DS definitely loved that and we went and saw the neighbor's rabbits. Two are due to have babies so I'm hoping to get the chance to let DS hold one while they're still young. Will be a few months before then so all depends.

Slammer - I absolutely adore your bump! I love this stage when the bump gets nice and round and perfect! Thanks for the sleep sympathy.

Ali- I see! Unless there's some sort of emergency, my doctor should be present for my birth. If it ends up being someone else, I think it would just be the resident at the hospital that day, and not someone from my family practice, so I likely won't have met them. Not too worried as long as they're competent.

Ally- I hope the appointment goes well and you'll love the pillow! I'm obsessed with mine

Literati- I don't sleep through the night anymore. I just keep waking up anywhere from 3:30-5:30 usually starving and even if I'm dead tired I can't fall back asleep right away

Slammer- see why can't I have a bump like yours! Haha I still sometimes feel like I look like I've eaten too many tacos, you have that cute definitely pregnant look!

I'm still getting that annoying little pinching feeling on my left side, off and on. Dh thinks I pulled a muscle (or ligament) in that area because it feels better in certain positions and worse in others. I'll be bringing it up at my doctor appointment Monday though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->