January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Hi ladies! :)

Angel--My friend was just telling me today how I should join one of those garage sale groups for my area/neighborhood to get a lot of stuff. So yeah I'm gonna try that. Good catch on the swing! :) :thumbup:

Ally-- What is a Moses Basket? Is that the same as a bassinet?

Angel-beautiful bump :) and thanksk for car seat advice.

Literati_Love- i t hink you meant to type angel not ally RE the bump ;)

vrogers- we dont do anything for halloween- but wil buy some sweets in case we get some trick or treaters

newbie2013- thanks for advice :)

greats- nice to hear from you- not long to go now at all :)

Sunshine Star- thanks for advice!

Skye Leigh- i think moses and bassinet are pretty much the same thing

Love your bump angel! ! So cute!

We went with a Chicco key fit 30 carseat. We were given a Graco stroller though, but I liked the reviews for the chicco carseat. I'm going to get the chicco caddy to go with it. When he grows out of the chicco, we will switch to a convertible seat. I also will wear him with my moby. I have two other carriers given to me and dh will use one of those.

Vroger, dh doesn't get into Halloween. It really is a shame because growing up we always went all out. We did a haunted porch, and everyone dressed up and scared people. My house was always the hangout for friends to come over. I can't wait to start traditions with the baby when he comes!

I'm loving all the different perspectives and ideas on the carseat ideas. I'm going to double check with the friend who offered us the stroller. If she's still planning to give it to us then we'll go for a graco infant seat and then later choose a convertible version. I do want to look into jogging strollers though, I've been told they are lighter and more maneuverable and DH and I like to go out in the spring/summer and walk.

Skye - Oh yeah the garage sale groups are amazing. We find tons of great deals that way. We are also part of a "Buy Nothing" group for our area which is very successful (and everything there is free). Many areas don't have very successful BN groups though, but their garage sale groups usually do fairly well. :)

Froggy that's the seat we have, we were happy with it. It's heavy though!

Van, it is heavy without the baby, so I can only imagine when he is in it! That's why I want to get the caddy. It's like 100 bucks, but folds up easily. Do you have the stroller?

Ally - :haha: Yes I did! I seem to get the two of you mixed up. I seriously typed your names, re-typed them, and then moved around comments to the two of you in one of my previous posts because for some reason I just couldn't get you straight! :haha: Figures in the very next post I would get it wrong again! I guess because your names both start with A ? Sorry about that. I'll blame baby brain!

As for what we use, we have a Graco click connect 35 car seat that works with our graco travel system jogging stroller. The car seat has worked great for us and I like being able to carry the baby inside sleeping because taking her out ALWAYS woke my dd up (and still does). The stroller is okay but I do find it quite bulky and it isn't the best at steering, but I have no idea if other strollers out there are better or worse so I have no real way of making a judgment. It has suited our needs well enough. It does have a lot of storage room which I like.

We'll be reusing the travel system we got for our first which is Graco. I really like it except the infant seat is a bit heavier than some. With DS growing so fast it was a good buy since it held up to a heavier weight than some. I have a convertible one for him now and plan to buy another one of those when baby gets bigger. Also the stroller does tend to take up a lot of space in the back of our SUV. It wasn't as bad in a trunk since we could slide it towards the back but I can't stand it up to make room in our SUV. On it's side isn't so bad, though.

I do want a double jogging stroller and I'm still looking for the right one. Not going to buy that right away, though.

For Halloween I hope to take DS trick-or-treating with my cousin and her kids. I haven't gotten a hold of her yet. We carved pumpkins last night and he had a lot of fun "scooping" out the guts. Mainly just having fun making a mess. I didn't finish carving the design on the one I was working on with DS since he got really cranky and tired out of nowhere. He really enjoyed looking at DH's lite up. I hope to get a picture of him and the pumpkins in his costume. If we don't go with my cousin I don't know what I'll do. DH loves Halloween and this is DS's second and he's missed both. I told him next year he just needs to request it off so he can take him trick-or-treating since he'll probably get the idea of it by then.

Skye - Moses baskets are usually made out of like wicker or something along those lines. Bassinets usually serve the same or similar purpose as a Moses basket, but can be other material.

Thor & Greats - I'm glad to hear from you guys! I've seen you two posting around so I figured all was good with you! I have thought about you tow and definitely miss you two in the conversations.

Greats - I wish I was that prepared! I'm still looking at everything I have to do with no energy to do it.

Angel - Cute bump! I'd post one, but I hate pictures of myself. :dohh:

Sorry for the long post and sorry if I missed anything! This weekend has been busy and tiring. Glad for some time off, but I feel overwhelmed since I feel like there is so much more I need to do and two months seems like little time right now.

Ali - we also haven't figured out who we are trick-or-treating with this year. We were hoping to go with a few of dd's cousins, but when DH talked to them last night, it sounded like they were going right at 4:45 pm, when neither of us are even off work! So we might just have to take dd by herself. It sucks being a weekday because the sun already sets at 5:30 pm when I get home from work...so we'll maybe have 20 minutes to take her before it gets dark. I am excited about taking her this year though because she does get it now, and she is SO excited to be dressed up as Minnie Mouse and to get candy! :) We let her dress up for daycare so she can spend the whole day in her costume. I love seeing her excited!

Froggy we got an adaptor so it could click in to our Baby Jogger stroller. Nice and easy!

I have my OB appointment this afternoon - my first one that DD will be with me for, hopefully we don't have to wait too long!

We are taking DD trick or treating this evening but it'll be dark here too!

They make an adapter? That would be so much easier. Could I use it with my Graco stroller?

Vankiwi- I have to drag my dd along for ALL my doctor's appointments. I hope your dd does ok and there isn't a long wait! I am going to have to try to find someone to watch my dd for the last few needing pelvic exams since that could be awkward haha.

Midnight- hello! I just realized (probably forgot) you're expecting your 4th. How are you finding chasing after 3 little ones while pregnant?

Literati_Love- haha its ok- i have a nice bump too ;)

midnight- hello... how are you?

AliJo- take it easy, dont tire yourself out :) how your cough?

Lite - He was excited and interested in it when we were doing it at the zoo, but talking about it he doesn't seem to care. I think he'll get it when we go, but who knows. He'd much rather run around I think.

Ally - It's getting better. I haven't had an extreme coughing fit for almost a week. I'm still coughing, but it's nothing like it was. I think DS is getting over his as well which was never too bad, thankfully.

Midnight - Hey lady! Anything new with you?

Ali - hopefully he'll still have fun.

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a maternity jacket at lunch. I think multiple people commenting on how I was bursting at the seams this weekend pushed me over the edge! I really didn't want to spend ANY money, but this was less expensive than ordering a jacket extender so I figure I did ok. I got lucky and caught a 31% off sale at motherhood today. It's for one day only if anyone else wants to check it out! :)

Ooh!! I just heard baby's heartbeat with my stethoscope!! It was a little lower so maybe baby flipped back around. I've been trying off and on trying to hear it with my stethoscope so I'm so excited I finally did!

Lite - I'll have to hop on there and see what kind of deals I can maybe grab! I definitely need more shirts at least!

Literati luckily she was OK and there was zero wait for a change so it worked perfectly! Hopefully you can find someone for the last few exams!

Froggy it'll be Graco that make the adaptor - they probably do make one! It was super handy.

Baby is all good, I'm still measuring 2 weeks ahead so I guess she's sticking on the same curve. I was 4 weeks ahead at this point with DD.

Vankiwi - are you measuring 2 weeks ahead based on fundal height? Or did you get another ultrasound? Glad the appointment went so smoothly and there was no wait. My 28 week appointment for my win rho shot is on Wednesday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->