January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

I think my little guy decided to turn and go breech. I'm feeling hiccups up high. He better turn is little bottom back up! He did this once before and was back to being head down later that day, but makes me nervous still.

Also the swing arrived and I'm debating on setting it up or not. It would be wise to see if anything is wrong with it. I don't want DS messing with it a ton, but at the same time if I set it up right before baby and baby gets to "play" with it, may cause some issues. He's not in our room much other than to sleep so I could put it in there. Part me just feels like it might be good to slowly transition to having baby items around so it's not as big as a change.

I'm so excited. I found a lovely baby swing that someone was selling on our local facebook "flea market group" for my town for only $20. It's the kind that will swing side-to-side (Cradle style) and then can also turn and swing front to back (regular swing style). Plus has the mobile, and sound/light/music options. I know that not all babies like the swing and some only like certain motions (my niece hated front to back but loved side to side) so I wanted versatility but didn't want to pay a lot in case she hates it. I just got it yesterday and set it up and it works great and for $20 it was a steal. We are all about getting as much used stuff as possible. lol

vrogers - wow! that really is a small bump! But so cute! I love my big bump but seriously wouldn't mind being a little smaller for comfort reasons! I'll post a new bump pic later this weekend. :)

newbie - what a great shirt! I Love i!

Ali - I hate that feeling! She's definitely been doing that, pushing one side with her feet and shoving her back into hte other side. I'm so uncomfortable when she does it!

Literati - I had that just last night! And it's happening more and more often now! I woke up in the middle of hte night to either go to the bathroom or need water and then BOOM I'm wide awake for the next 3 hours. By the time I can fall back asleep again I get just maybe 45min - 1 hr and the alarm is going off. :(
I'm also having hip and back pain getting much worse over the last few days. It's amazing how I went from no pain to definite regular pain in just a couple days. :(

Slammer - your bump is adorable!! I love it!

Angel - Glad you found a good deal! I'm not into used stuff. I just can't help it. Thrift stores drive me insane. I'm an odd one because I also do almost anything else to save money.

Angel - Glad you found a good deal! I'm not into used stuff. I just can't help it. Thrift stores drive me insane. I'm an odd one because I also do almost anything else to save money.

:haha: That is an odd combination. See I'll take most stuff used, but there are some things I refuse to buy used. Ex: we bought a used crib from someone but I insisted on the mattress being brand new, that kind of thing. Thankfully DH and I are both similar this way and so we tend to look for deals on places like Offer Up or on the Facebook "Flea Market/Garage Sale" pages for our area, but when we buy used things we only buy things that we can pass off as new but we got really cheaply used. For example our TV is runs several thousand new but we paid $500 for it from a guy who desperately needed to pay bills. That kind of thing. But we are okay with used possessions like this, but we both hate the whole coupon thing and trying to save money that way. :haha: We're odd.

:haha: That is an odd combination. See I'll take most stuff used, but there are some things I refuse to buy used. Ex: we bought a used crib from someone but I insisted on the mattress being brand new, that kind of thing. Thankfully DH and I are both similar this way and so we tend to look for deals on places like Offer Up or on the Facebook "Flea Market/Garage Sale" pages for our area, but when we buy used things we only buy things that we can pass off as new but we got really cheaply used. For example our TV is runs several thousand new but we paid $500 for it from a guy who desperately needed to pay bills. That kind of thing. But we are okay with used possessions like this, but we both hate the whole coupon thing and trying to save money that way. :haha: We're odd.

Oh don't worry, I find great deals! We got a 1000+ dollar Samsung TV brand new for 480! From the store. I think it's a combination of the ew factor and just wanting nice stuff because I never did growing up. My stepmom has brought home bedbugs and roaches thanks to used products and these were from places that looked clean. I will look at used hard wood furniture and things like that. I do watch our local for sale group for some items.

I decided to take an hour long nap. I probably shouldn't have because it may make falling asleep tonight troublesome, but I needed it physically and mentally. Next two days are at work and I really hope they're not too stressful. I really need to be able to take lunch and get out of there at a good time. There are days I just don't take lunch because I don't have the time.

thanks guys- skin is healing, I;ve just to carry on as normal with my cream and fingers crossed won't need an induction as long as my skin keeps on healing.

lit- i have nights of insomnia for sure, i hate them, as normaly i am a good sleeper and don't have issues with getting to sleep. last night though, i slept really well, right through the night and woke late. Must have needed it, but today i feel good and have energy! yah!
lovely bump slammerkin!! thats what mine looks like, have still to get a pic of it, will try later.

vrogers- do bring it up at the dr, always worth getting checked

ali- hope he turns soon!!

Angel5000- i love a good deal and me and DH are always looking for bargains and buy quite a few used things. Our moses basket is used, but we will put our own new mattress and sheets etc into it.

whats everyones plans this weekend? i dont have much planned at all. but i am looking forward to next week- hitting 30 weeks and having 4D scan

I've got a fairly quiet weekend planned. This will be the first weekend in awhile we haven't had a lot to do. I've got some house cleaning I want to get done and I have to start packing up some stuff because we're having new flooring installed sometime in the next few weeks and I'll have to move everything out of the living/dining room areas so I'd rather start now and get some of the smaller stuff moved sooner rather than later so I'm not rushing last minute.

We're a little annoyed because all the flooring came in a week and a half ago EXCEPT the baseboard moulding, due to the shipping issues that are going on right now, and so that won't be in until this next Friday. :( Once we have the flooring in the house we can schedule the installation (has to sit in the house at least 72 hours before install occurs). If the moulding had come in on time we'd be probably installing any day now, but it's going ot push our installation later into November, which pushes back when my new washer/dryer can come in (because I don't want that to come before the flooring and have to move it out and then back in more than I have to). Bah. Very frustrating. We've been saving up to get these final "remodel" touches done since we bought the house a couple years ago and now that I know baby is coming in just a couple months I want them done so I can enjoy it.

Angel- that's frustrating that not everything came in at the same time! I don't blame you for wanting it done before baby, I would too!

I'm pretty sure I pulled a muscle or ligament in my lower left side. It feels so sore there and even worse when I make certain movements or baby kicks there. Hopefully that's all it is and my doctor can suggest something to calm it down at least

Hi Ladies, sorry I haven't posted to this thread in a while. I need to catch up with everyone. My computer has been down and I'm just checking things on my phone.
I hope everyone is doing well and once my computer is back to working I'll do a proper reply to everyone.

:)

Angel - that definitely sounds exactly like me at night. I absolutely hate only falling back asleep for 45 min before my alarm! I have had this bad insomnia for the past three nights in a row now so I'm getting very frustrated.
I'm sorry about all your renovation delays! I know how frustrating those things can be!

Ally - I'm glad you had such a good sleep the other night. It sure helps when that happens!

VRogers - it definitely sounds like your ligaments are strained.

Thorpedo - hello there! How are you doing?

vrogers- hope pain eases soon

Thorpedo11- hello :)

DH and I went to shop for car seat and buggy- but were just overwhelmed with all the choice- anyone have any advice on what factors to consider when they bought their baby stuff?

Thorpedo- it's good to hear from you! How are you?

Literati & Ally- i think so too, and it's much better today! Partly because she has been moving around the middle and right side of my stomach, and I'm making sure to move slowly and not my usual jerky fast movements

Ally- I feel the exact same way! I obviously can't go from experience but we had to take into account dh's height as he's pretty tall, and I also decided to do (we have registered for them, haven't bought them yet) a travel system so she can use the infant car seat as well as a convertible car seat so she can switch to that one when she's big enough. When I went to the infant care class a few weeks ago a police officer came and talked about car seat safety and someone in the class asked if he had a preferred brand, and he said no because they all have to meet the safety requirements. I changed my mind MANY times before finally deciding on one, it's so overwhelming with all the options!

Ally- we are in the same situation! SO OVERWHELMED!! A friend offered me their Graco stroller, but then if I want everything to work together I need a Graco carseat. My aunt suggested the Britax brand, she said it had slightly higher reviews when she was having to buy car seats (her son is 10 now), but everything I've seen says the carseats all meet the same safety requirements so safety wise it shouldn't matter. So now you're looking at convenience and cost.

Both my aunt and sister have said that despite the cost saving aspect, NOT to get a carseat that does infant rear facing and converts to forward facing and booster simply because they tend to be more bulky and if you have to move baby around it's a lot easier to have the simple rear facing "only" seat to do it (and lighter). But that's as much info as I've got at the moment.

AFM - 30 weeks tomorrow! Just for fun, here are my bump pics (because I won't take the time to do it on a weekday lol).

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3
Angel - beautiful bump! I am starting to get so many comments about how big my bump is. Today a friend who hasn't seen me in a month told me I've "doubled in size." Er...thanks...

I agree all the choices are overwhelming. I can't even say I'm happy with the choices we made last time, but they did the trick.

Angel- very beautiful bump! I definitely feel bigger than I look and already quite uncomfortable

Hope everyone has had a fun Halloween weekend! We don't do much for Halloween since it's just dh and I, we carved a pumpkin tonight and I am now cooking the seeds. I also like to watch Charlie Brown and the great pumpkin, hocus pocus, Casper meets Wendy, etc. (I like the kiddie movies, scary ones are not for me!) I have my 30 week appointment tomorrow where I will get my flu shot and I'm thinking about scheduling a 3D scan for next weekend before my baby shower since she wouldn't show her face last time

The choice is definitely overwhelming! With the buggy/stroller, consider the weight of it, especially if you will be lifting it in and out of a car or up stairs regularly. Some of them weigh a ridiculous amount. This also tends to rule out a few of the fashionable ones. I'd suggest finding helpful sales people in a couple of different stores and talking to them about your lifestyle to see which one they recommend. I was recommended the same one in about three different stores, so it seemed like the one for me (until I found a cheaper one that is almost the same!).

With the car seat, we opted for a convertible due to our back problems. We talked about how much we'd actually remove a capsule from the car and decided that once we added the baby's weight to the capsule weight, we'd both struggle to manoeuvre it within a couple of months! For us, it was more than weight but also the awkward way the capsules are carried and lifted out of the car. We're hoping the convertible one is okay!

Good luck! I'm now grateful I went through all of this almost 20 weeks ago when I was home for summer. It was so stressful at the time, but the decisions are already made. Can't believe that was nearly 20 weeks ago. I was right at the end of the first trimester then... time has flown!

Hi ladies! Have been reading and keeping up, just haven't written anything in a while.

Car seats are definitely overwhelming, but try not to let it be. I have always preferred starting off with an infant seat because baby usually falls asleep in the car and I like not waking baby up from car naps so I prefer to be able to take the seat out. I have always switched to a convertible around 7 months because that's when it starts getting difficult carrying the infant seat lol

As for brands, I have had no issues with Graco for convertible and Britax for infant. We'll be using our Britax infant seat in the beginning but are upgrading all our convertible seats to the Diono Radian RXT as they are skinny and we can easily fit them 3 across in our car whereas our Graco's we cannot.

Anywho, the countdown is on! In just 2-3 months we'll all have our babies here! Nothing to prepare over here except some new winter hats lol

We are reusing our Chicco infant seat for this baby, definitely like not waking her up from car naps!

We are also reusing our Baby Jogger City Select and converting it to a double. Consider weight, function, maneuverability, cost etc. We needed something that worked for me at 5"2" and DH at 6'4". Also if you're not getting an infant seat, or its not compatible, the stroller will either need to lie flat or you'll need a bassinet.

We also have a Moby wrap and an Ergo.

Ally, I have narrowed mine down to the silver cross wayfarer with the simplicity car seat or the baby style Egg carrycot/set with the kiddy evo-lunafix or maxi cosi car seat. Both a little pricy, but when I'll be using them for four years, I'd like to invest a bit into them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->