January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Officially in my third trimester today!! Went to the MFM thus morning and baby looks great. Previa still hasn't resolved. We will check again at 32 weeks and she said at that point if it hasn't moved it probably wont. Waiting to see OB now. I will be getting on the schedule for c section today just to plan in advance. If the previa doesn't resolve, he will probably be born on dec. 30th at 36+2.

Ally - No pelvic pain.. just good old lightning crotch going on. I suspect it'll start to get bad in the next month. Last time it almost dropped me to he floor in pain a few times.

Froggy - Hope it moves, but seems like it's there to stay. Still super exciting to think you will have your baby next month! How are you feeling about getting a c section? I'm sure it's been on your mind a lot since you found out about the previa.

Tried to get DH to hear baby's heartbeat with my stethoscope but he couldn't. His hearing isn't the best of guess! Ithe was pretty quiet.

I am so sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I am going to try to catch up today. Last Monday I had an OB appointment to check on my BP, it was pretty high so they sent me to the hospital again for more monitoring. I was being monitored for my BP as was Duck, she was doing great. They also gave us another growth scan. She was still measuring behind like 2 weeks or so. My OB recommended we go to another hospital that has a better NICU, in case I needed to deliver early. I was sent via ambulance to a hospital about an hour away, with an amazing NICU & children's hospital. I wasn't leaving the hospital until I had the baby they want to closely monitor the preeclampsia.

I got to the hospital around 5 H went home first and packed my bags. I was getting several tests to check BP, blood level protein levels, meanwhile I was starving and they refused to feed me. One doctor said as long as my BP remained stable and didn't spike they could keep me pregnant. Of course my BP kept spiking over night a team of doctors came at some ungodly hour to say they wanted to do a c section at around noon.
I was so hungry and tired and emotionally not ready it was really hard. The c section really hurt, I've never had anything so scary done before. When she was taken out, immediately we heard her crying, we were shocked it was pretty loud. So at 12:57 10/25 Emi.lia Evelyn was born. She was immediately whisked away to the NICU.

I was finally released from the hospital on Monday, my BP kept spiking and finally calmed down. E will be in the NICU until close to our due date. So far she is doing really well there though. I am so absolutely in love with her. After everything I've been through I finally have a living child. She is perfect. I can't wait to bring her home.

Congrats Danser! Sounds like she is definitely a little fighter! I'm glad she's doing well and will be thinking about you and her as she gets stronger! I'm sure hearing her cry was amazing! Keep us updated!

I'm sorry for the rough experience, though. Hopefully things start to get better from here on out.

I will update the front page when I get my internet back so I can use the computer. Hopefully tomorrow.

Wow danser - what a whirlwind! So happy to hear you are both doing well despite it all! Keep us posted on how she's doing. :)

Oh wow, congrats danser!!!!! I bet she is beautiful!!! That's amazing!!

Ali, I wasn't too keen on a c section at all. Of course I would do anything to insure he is safe, but just really didn't want it. But now I'm starting to prepare myself for the fact that it's a bug possibility at thus point. I'm not so scared anymore. My biggest fear now is whether or not he will be OK at 36+2. I want to give him the best chance.

Froggy - I don't know if it will make you feel any better by my friend went in for an ultrasound and ended up having an emergency c section at 36 weeks. She got to go home on time with her. She was on the smaller side as well.

Congrats Danser!

Froggy why do they want to deliver so early? Due to his size? My c section was a good experience, after 20 hours of labour and pushing!

That does make me feel better ali. I think he will be fine, but you know there is always that concern in the back of your mind.

Van, it's because of the placenta previa. It's covering my cervix. They aim for a c section between 36 and 37 weeks because if I were to dilate, or have contractions, it can cause the placenta to rupture and I would hemorrhage and baby may not make it. So they do it early with hope that the body doesn't start preparing for labor.

Danser- wow, congratulations!!! So glad both of you are okay. Keep us updated on how she is!

Froggy- I'm sorry about the C-section but crazy that you may have your baby next month! A girl I went to school with had her baby at 36 weeks and baby was perfectly healthy but I understand being concerned.

froggyfrog- hope it moves but imagine having baby next month, HOW EXCITING!!! 36 weeks sounds pretty safe but i am sure they will scan and check before.

danser- OH MY GOD!! massive congrats, i am sooo happy for you!!! please post pics once you can!! how are you feeling???? how much did she weigh when born?

AFM- i had meeting with dr at the hospital, they want to give me a growth scan next week to check baby and then after that will discuss options for deliver- i think they are keen to deliver earlier than due date in case my rash flares up again. But we shall see, my preference is to let him come when he's ready, as long as rash is manageable.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I will definitely keep you updated as things happen. Almost every nurse who has cared for her has called her feisty. I just try to think of each week as one week of her getting stronger and being closer to being taken home.

Danser - That is a wonderful mindset to have. It's a great sign for nurses to be calling her feisty!

Ally - I really hope he gets to come when he's ready! I remember when reading on it hat it said there is often a flare near delivery. Hopefully you're lucky and it doesn't happen!

Danser - congratulations! I have no doubt she is feisty. She's definitely a fighter. I hope she continues to grow and gets to go home with you as soon as she's able to.

Danser - congratulations! I am so happy baby e is here safe and sound after such a stressful pregnancy! It's so good they were monitoring you so carefully and caught that high BP when they did! I am sure a c-section so early on wasn't what you had hoped for, but it's so amazing she's out now and doing well! I'd imagine having her in the NICU for so long will be really stressful for you, but you can do it and she'll be home before you know it! :hugs: Make sure you keep checking your BP yourself in the upcoming weeks! Your health is so important as well and pre-eclampsia is a bit of a scary one! anyway, congrats again! I hope Emilia gets big, healthy and strong very very soon!!

Froggy - that's too bad your placenta hasn't moved! I also hope it will yet, but at least now you have a plan for if it doesn't, and it certainly is exciting you might have your baby next month already! I also understand worrying about having the baby at 36 weeks, but I'm sure all will be fine! Would they give a steroid injection for that far along? Good luck and try to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! :)

Ally - I hope the rash stays manageable and you're able to let the baby stay in until he's ready!

Slammer - I think those of us with bad sleepers the first time are definitely due for better sleepers this time around! I'm glad you're not too stressed about it though.

Wow danser, congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I am so glad she is a little fighter and your attitude towards it is so positive. Please keep us updated!

Froggy - sorry you may end up with a section to the position of your placenta. I ended up having an emergency section with my daughter after 15 hours of labour failed to progress me beyond 6 cms. I was so worried and scared, but my experience was fine. I had little pain and recovered well and quickly afterwards. I hope that helps :)

All is good my end. Feeling tired and just cannot wait to stop work. I also have a nasty cold. It's my second one in two weeks and feeling pretty rough. In terms of being pregnant though, I feel fine. My blood pressure is behaving so far, which is good as it was raised almost throughout the whole of my pregnancy with my daughter.

Froggy ah I didn't know they operate earlier for previa! Makes sense.

Literati, I asked about a steroid injection today and because of my GD I wouldn't be a good candidate for one. Apparently it spikes the glucose levels to a point to where they are uncontrollable and they would have to admit me just for the shot son they can pump me full of insulin. And a sugar spike like that would be really dangerous for the baby right before he is born because when babies are born right after a major sugar spike, they can't regulate their own sugar and have to be rushed to nicu.

Danser! Most congratulations! Thanks for updating! I'm so glad to read she's doing well and feisty in the NICU. I hope your recovery is smooth sailing.

Froggy, scary about the previa, but so glad they're being proactive about yours and bubs health!

Still need to read a page or so back to keep up. I've been SO tired from this anemia. I never had it with my first 2 girls so I seriously feel like I hit a brick wall all day long. I don't think eating a crap ton of Halloween chocolate helps, either. Oops!

Is anyone else getting frequent braxton hicks? Been getting them quite often every day especially when I sit or lay down to relax.

danser55- i bet she is such a strong little girl! not long till she will be home with you. You have done so well, congrats again. Post pics when you can :)

ali- yeah it normally flares up again as you get closer to due date, so really hoping that wont happen.

pompeyvix- glad your feeling ok pregnancy wise- having a cold sucks though, so i hope you feel better soon :)

greats- im feeling really tired too, on iron tablets but they dont seem to make much difference. as for BH, i think i am having them quite regularly, i get a crampy pain and my tummy goes tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->